• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SiN:Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Top Three anime chicks of ur choice.
Mine (in no particular order):
1. Yoko
2. Re-l
3. Caska or Winry
I get 4ish because I started it. :p
Noooooooowwwwwwwww GO!!!

- Confucious say "One who's name is LINK is strongest LINK in chain"

Nakamaru

Smash Master
1. Major (Ghost in the Shell)
2. Haruko (FLCL)
3. Yoko (Gurren Lagann)
4. Haruhi (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
5. Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)

Hinata is a given top so there is no need to put her on the list. So i felt giving her a spot was just too easy. I went with top 5 because top 3 is just way to hard. Most of mine are on the list because of the extreme dynamic personalities that make them such awesome characters. Das my list.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Yoko dosent seem to deserve to be in the same class as some of the others listed. When i think of top/great female chars in anime she dosent even register in my head. To me shes like boobs with a sniper rifle that wants to be a teacher. but w/e she was badarse nevertheless

Re-L Mayer.......majors props for that one. A bit obscure and out of the box. I thought Ergo Proxy was pretty good and perhaps a bit overlooked by many. mayer's dialouge and commentary throughout the series was really engaging.(especially that episode when her and Vincent were stranded)

Haruko......well like FLCL is still to me one of the most amazing animes of the decade and is still in my top 3 of all time. All the characters did their jobs and haruko was definetley one of the most complete and unique characters I have seen in anime. A great twist to what initially looked like the stereo-typical female role.

Props for major(Motoko Kusanagi) being your number 1. She is most likely high on my list too. SOOOOOOOOO much depth and complexity. easily one of the greatest female protagonist of all time.

mine:

1) Rei, Misato, Asuka are tied

yeah its kind of a cop out but what I say its like undoubtedly my favorite series of all time

Theres nothing the 3 of them combine have not done in terms of female presence in anime. I list them all together because I think they really embody the foundation of the show. They all were so powerful and contributed great amounts to shinji's character. They are in my opinion the holy trinity and the paradigm of female protagonist in anime.

2) Motoko Kusanagi

I've never seen so much development and plot thickness surrounding a single character to the extent of this one. Its really amazing to see her back story unfold each series. I think overall that the series is aging well since its start in 1989

3) Yukino Miyazawa

here's my obscure one. His and Her Circumstances(shojo) is kinda like the cliche' school thingy but like the twist they took on telling the story and alot of the comedic references were ingenious(her being the subject of them mostly). The show moves rly rly rly slow at times in which they develop her character. Its gripping because the director does a good job in illustrating her change throughout the series. Im not a shojo guy by any stretch of the imagination but this one must have been special if it grabbed my attention.

4) Faye Valentine

not much to say. She is the full package of girl power/******ness/depth. She is a really complete character, so much that i think a spin off could've been created. For bebop only being a 26 ep series and her not even being featured in all eps, I think it is truly amazing how intriguing she was as a character. all of the others listed have had significantly more appearances and time to be developed within a story.

5) Haruko

Haruko is super ****** and she was filled with the right amount of mystery and spice. Her voices acting in both japanese and english were among the best I have ever seen. She is not so much a complete character, but her allure was beyond phenominal throughout the series. It amazing what they did in 6 eps. my fingers getting tired/im getting hungry/someone stole my pizza so I'll stop typing here.

whew thats my top 5

honorable mentions are:

Lain(Serial Experiments Lain)
Noriko Takaya(gunbuster aka Aim for the top)
Nono(Gunbuster 2 aka diebuster aka Aim for the top 2)
Yomiko Readman(read or die)

yay being off from work and able to make wall-o-text is awesome

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Let me get some opinions on the next $1 tourney. /attention grabber

Are people available on Fri. Feb. 12 (Friday after this)?

What would be a cool name?

I was thinking "Pittsburgh Value Monthlies."

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Top 3 anime loves

1. Nia ( Gurren Lagann ) - The cutest, most adorable anime girl/woman to ever exist. If she existed I would definitely sweep her off her feet.

2. Melfina ( Outlaw Star ) - long time super anime crush, so she will keep a spot forever.

3. Nyu ( Elfen Lied ) - No one else has seen this anime aside from me apparently. :\

honorable mention/4. Konata ( Lucky Star ) - 3 Piece uniform!
That's a toughie to pick! YAN!
Just work it! (YA!) To the limit! (YA!)
MY DARLING! DARLING! PLEASE!

naka, i cant wait for you to upload the matches =3

TheLake

Smash Master
In no order

1. Yuki from the melancholy of haruhi yadayada
2. Haruko from flcl obviously
3. Sango from inuyasha
4. Haruhi from orrun host club (dont judge me!!!)
5. like to many chicks from pokemon...gotta weed them out but you get the idea

details to ***?

hehehe see what i did there

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Swift
--My reasoning for Yoko is because anyone that can have the kiss of death and still keep fighting deserves recognition. Its hard to put why she is in there, but she has an alure to me other than just skimpy clothes and big boobs.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Top 5 anime chicks with reasoning:

1) Nagisa Furukawa - Clannad/After Story
Goes from wimpy non-presence to a respectable strength in her own right by the end of the series. Has a remarkable ability to deal with the protagonist while remaining reasonable and caring.

2) Eureka - Eureka Seven
Starts out as a cold, emotionless killer with a mysterious genius for mech piloting. Ends up being one of the most emotionally competent and strongest characters in the show.

3) Anise Tatlin - Tales of the Abyss
Most ****** little girl you will ever see in an anime (or its corresponding game). "I'll kill you *******s!" is still my favorite line ever, just as Anise gets tossed out of a multi-story fast-moving LAND BATTLESHIP. There is nothing more amazing than that.

4) Shiki Ryougi - Kara no Kyoukai
Can kill you with her eyes, almost literally. Also an absolute ******.

5) Arcueid Brunestud - Tsukihime
A vampire who has resisted what is supposed to be an irresistible urge to drink blood, is quite possibly the strongest being on the entire planet, and still manages to be a caring character who places the world's safety over her own.

edit: **** me I completely forgot about the best anime chick of all time

OLIVIER MILLA ARMSTRONG - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
The Northern Wall of Briggs. The Ice Queen. More hardcore than her pathetic-in-comparison brother Alex Louis Armstrong by orders of magnitude. Blows up a homunculus indoors with a god****ed tank. Manipulates everyone everywhere. Truly the most amazing of all ******es.

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman

I'm totally in favor of this, and free on this day

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
Top 4 anime chicks, because I can't think of a fifth, in order:

1) Haruhi, from Haruhi Suzumiya
2) Shiina, from Narutaru
3) Yuki, from Haruhi Suzumiya
4) Simca, from Air Gear

Engel

Smash Journeyman
no seras victoria? no school rumble gals? no old school love for sailor moon girls? :\

Motoko is awesome though

M@v

Subarashii!
no seras victoria? no school rumble gals? no old school love for sailor moon girls? :\

Motoko is awesome though
Yeah. Wheres the love for sailor moon? And there are a ton of others. Kagome for example.(That show had so much potential if they made it more action and less ******** love drama >.>). Some was ok, but seriously.

TheLake

Smash Master

Motoko is awesome though
WOW i COMPETELY forgot about lady integra wingates hellsing

O_O

sooo fine

and yeah tim took the gold

and gave it some extra luster

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
OMG, guiz, ok, so there was this one anime chick I was into, but I can't remember what show she was in or what her name was, can u help me out!

ok, so like, first of all, she had these huge eyes and tiny mouth. and she had long *** legs and negative hips and moderately sized but perfectly shaped breastests. and her hair! it was some color that no one could possibly ever have, but I think that's wicked hawt! her character was very deep and interesting because of all the interesting depth to her story and personality. and she was either ridiculously shy or ridiculously outgoing, I can't remember which. omg, totally my dream girl, help me remember her!

A-Laon

Smash Master
OMG, guiz, ok, so there was this one anime chick I was into, but I can't remember what show she was in or what her name was, can u help me out!

ok, so like, first of all, she had these huge eyes and tiny mouth. and she had long *** legs and negative hips and moderately sized but perfectly shaped breastests. and her hair! it was some color that no one could possibly ever have, but I think that's wicked hawt! her character was very deep and interesting because of all the interesting depth to her story and personality. and she was either ridiculously shy or ridiculously outgoing, I can't remember which. omg, totally my dream girl, help me remember her!
This post is but the lone oasis of this thread's sudden intellectual desert.

takieddine

Smash Master

I know her, shes in Jona Diaper's combo videos!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lol wes tried to win the thread

dash dancing mummies
lol, Amumu's dash dance is ****.

This post is but the lone oasis of this thread's sudden intellectual desert.
* Being an *** does not denote intellect.
i think u read alan's post wrong
I honestly can't figure out if he read alan's post wrong or you did. it's quite a perplexing statement.

but it sure is fun
yep, *pound 5*

I know her, shes in Jona Diaper's combo videos!
omg, are you eagerly awaiting Tech Chased as much as I am!

SiN:Wrath

Smash Apprentice
And again I say how much I love smashers. By the way Alan... I resemble that remark. ;D

By the way my 5th girl is from an anime I cannot for the life of me remember the name of or hers. It's been 5years since I last watched it all I remember was that the show was known for so much and such severe fan service that many hentai were made of it. It was a fighting anime where schools had these ridiculous fights between there students and most of the fighters were female. The lead was a red head who was supposed to be some decendant of the best fighter ever. My girl in the show had long black hair and was supposed to be the fighter to awaken the dragon spirit or whatever in the main chick. I now have to go and find out what the hell this anime was called. If you know please tell me.

-"Go ahead smack the chicken nothing bad could possibly happen!" -Links conscience the first time he hit a chicken and was chased by the deadly flock that ensued.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord

BAMP

Everyone good with this day? I'm a reserve the room tonight or tomorrow.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I was thinking Friday because the first one went so well on a Friday, and I don't want to compete with bigger tourneys over the weekend. Singles bracket probably won't start until 6; maybe you can get off by then?

Top Bottom