• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

takieddine

Smash Master
**** tim got 10,000th post.

Also WHY was i not surprised by your last match on stadium vs scar...both high percents, you can die in one hit, and what do you do? you tim him....

AprilShaw

aka Logan
**** tim got 10,000th post.

Also WHY was i not surprised by your last match on stadium vs scar...both high percents, you can die in one hit, and what do you do? you tim him....
lol, I was watching that match in engineering.

Tim too good.

@Alan: I c wut u did thar

Edit: is anyone going (as in has a ride etc) to SPOC VIII or w/e one they're on now?

A-Laon

Smash Master
Smash brothels!

Thar be much gratuitous, uninhibited, face-poundingly erotic stock-taking to be had on this glorious Friday's evening.

Neither a condom nor a firearm can protect you from this ****!!!

See ya there!

<3 everyone

A-Laon

Smash Master
And yet again, I captain my crew to victory with little more than a single irritatingly repetitive word: done.

No Aaron? A blemish on this perfect moon.

CABC -- Nice avatar.

Taki -- The balls touched.

Rob -- <3

All the new people -- I want to get to play you!!!

Tim -- Why didn't you come? No johns.

Merry smashing gentlemen.

<3 everyone

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Alan - 5 man falco only crew would be pretty sexy, we should totally find some people and do that next time. http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/81938785_7755757d8a.jpg this'll be our logo. Also, never forget the Brontosaurus. Also #2, Aaron came late. You missed out. Also #3, I wanna sit down and play with you sometime til I can actually get a win. I like playing your Falco lol and I need the practice.

Rob - you're good.

Naka - ^

Taki - fuuuuuuuuuuck

I don't remember your names but CMU kid that played jiggs - epic aggro jiggs dittos, learn to l-cancel/wavedash and you'll be pretty ****.

Marf guy - Sorry I uber camped you. It was Alan's fault. Also I was nervous for some stupid reason (Alan yelling in my ear maybe) so I wasn't really thinking. We need to rematch sometime.

Falco guy - Falco owns. We never did do our double falco team though. Also your tags are dumb, you nerd. (Calling people nerds on a video game forum makes you cool)

Falco/sheik/zelda guy - work on your tech skill more, it'll help with your falco a LOT, and your other chars. Whether you pick Falco or Sheik just stick with them, don't be dumb like me and try to learn 9 characters at once.

Jake (I think? weegee guy) - Ness is broken. So is luigi. I don't even know what else to say really, I couldn't keep up, you were fun to play with though and I hope we can get more matches in. I really need the practice lol. Also I will never let you forget that I beat you in roy dittos.

Aaron - I love you (no homo) but yeah lemme know about SPOC, cabcisawesome@live.com e-mail/msn or pm me here or text me 412-918-9014 or something.

Tsk? (samus guy) - lol I'll never forget that 4-stock you gave me. Was my first "real" match, and the first match I lost. Sorry I played completely gay vs you. Your samus is really good and was pretty **** in teams.

Everyone else, if I played you and forgot to mention you my bad but all the games were fun and everyone was cool. To the people who ***** me, sorry if it felt like I was wasting your time lol. I'm trying to get better, so we'll see. Can't wait til next week! Also if anyone wants to come visit Pitt during the week, do it, tues/thurs is best for me but let me know. Matt Gerald and I would love to have some smashers come over.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Falco guy - Falco owns. We never did do our double falco team though. Also your tags are dumb, you nerd. (Calling people nerds on a video game forum makes you cool)
This was me. SINH, COSH, TANH tags for life.

Good matches today, everyone. Had a ton of fun.

A-Laon

Smash Master
No shout out to me WHO DROVE YOU!? I am insulted. Words cannot even describe my anger. You are not my captain and you never shall be!
I am in the position to make an apology, but not for the reason you may think.

You see, upon completing my shout-outs, I did indeed ponder whether or not it was necessary to address you for your most generous assistance in transportation; however, the supposed reality which confronted me was that the two of us possessed a mutual empathy spawned from eons of courtesy and favor, thusly the need to explicitly remind you of this would be an overly-indulgent inanity.

As such, I apologize for misinterpreting the bond between us and failing to cater to your slightly more repressed needs. Likewise, for facilitating this misunderstanding with personal conflicts beyond my rightful place to criticize, you are also forgiven.

@ Jeff: Sorry I forgot you! Nice Link!

Alan - 5 man falco only crew would be pretty sexy, we should totally find some people and do that next time. http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/81938785_7755757d8a.jpg this'll be our logo. Also, never forget the Brontosaurus. Also #2, Aaron came late. You missed out. Also #3, I wanna sit down and play with you sometime til I can actually get a win. I like playing your Falco lol and I need the practice.
I've been trying to make a staple point of getting some actual prolonged play-time in with all the new people, but my limited transportation and the recent over-populated Duquesne weeklies have impaired my ability to do such. If you (or anybody) would like to make a trip, however, my humble abode lies no more than 20-30 minutes north of Pittsburgh, right within striking distance of the Butler guys (Jacob, Aaron, John, etc) as well. Hit me up!

This was me. SINH, COSH, TANH tags for life.

Good matches today, everyone. Had a ton of fun.
My apologies, I'm still trying to put faces to names and names to smashboards names.

You are Woody, correct?

You guys are coming to this-> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248273 , right?
Cleveland's gotta crew now, so there's gonna be epic crew battles.
If you were to take all the written content of this post and reverse it word-by-word and letter-by-letter, you'd have me sold by "selttab werc."

Consider me there (if somebody drives me =D ).

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I've been trying to make a staple point of getting some actual prolonged play-time in with all the new people, but my limited transportation and the recent over-populated Duquesne weeklies have impaired my ability to do such. If you (or anybody) would like to make a trip, however, my humble abode lies no more than 20-30 minutes north of Pittsburgh, right within striking distance of the Butler guys (Jacob, Aaron, John, etc) as well. Hit me up!
I actually *might* be able to do that next week, but I suppose you'll be away for that tourney. If you end up not going though then lemme know.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Anyone free this week? Preferably Thursday or Saturday lol. I don't feel ready for SPOC and if possible I'd like to sit and get ***** by someone for a few hours <.<; When I only play someone once every 3 or 4 matches, it doesn't really help me learn. I think I could catch up within a few hours if I lost constantly during that time. I can't stop thinking about how poorly I did on Friday, lol. I feel like I've gotten worse xD

A-Laon

Smash Master
I can't stop thinking about how poorly I did on Friday, lol. I feel like I've gotten worse xD
Self-deprecation spawns resentment. Resentment spawns zealotry. Zealotry spawns unreality. Unreality doesn't make you better. =)

Never hold yourself up to a scale, and never punish yourself for failing to meet some self-imposed expectation. Play and enjoy the game, relish in the humor of every victory and loss, and slowly, the unobstructed clarity with which you view the game will enable you to see the progressive routes you've failed to see before. Plus, it'll be a lot more fun that way!

The number one piece of advice I'd give any newer player hoping to get better at the game would be not to expect to. If you can handle that and still enjoy the game, you're guaranteed to progress.

It's not, as a matter of fact, entirely unlike life.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Self-deprecation spawns resentment. Resentment spawns zealotry. Zealotry spawns unreality. Unreality doesn't make you better. =)

Never hold yourself up to a scale, and never punish yourself for failing to meet some self-imposed expectation. Play and enjoy the game, relish in the humor of every victory and loss, and slowly, the unobstructed clarity with which you view the game will enable you to see the progressive routes you've failed to see before. Plus, it'll be a lot more fun that way!

The number one piece of advice I'd give any newer player hoping to get better at the game would be not to expect to. If you can handle that and still enjoy the game, you're guaranteed to progress.

It's not, as a matter of fact, entirely unlike life.
lol, let me first say I don't think I've become overzealous about it. And I do enjoy playing, whether I win or lose, and most of the advice you just gave me I give to newer players all the time. I just felt like I wasn't keeping up mentally, which I'm not used to. I was tired out though, but no johns :laugh:.

Anyways the point of my last post was I think if I could play with just one or two people for awhile that I'd get a lot better and be able to keep up when we do our round robins. That and I want to smash more :chuckle:

takieddine

Smash Master
Anyone free this week? Preferably Thursday or Saturday lol. I don't feel ready for SPOC and if possible I'd like to sit and get ***** by someone for a few hours <.<; When I only play someone once every 3 or 4 matches, it doesn't really help me learn. I think I could catch up within a few hours if I lost constantly during that time. I can't stop thinking about how poorly I did on Friday, lol. I feel like I've gotten worse xD
Talk to me on AIM, i'd play ya

Vyke

Smash Champion
A sunflower will always gaze towards the sun with neither hate nor regret,
Even through strong winds and heavy rain, it will continue to look up with a smile,
Patiently bearing the pain, while waiting for the sun to shine once again;
But the sunflower has never felt, nor will it ever feel,
Any regret.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
****, i got excited for a second. To everyone here. Keep your eyes peeled for venue's that could possibly hold tournaments. I really want to host one to get the pittsburgh scene into more of a tournament scene.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
****, i got excited for a second. To everyone here. Keep your eyes peeled for venue's that could possibly hold tournaments. I really want to host one to get the pittsburgh scene into more of a tournament scene.
That'd be awesome if we could hold a semi-major/major tourney here xD

Could get a lot of people, especially if we include lolBrawl.

Bloodhound Gang - Pennsylvania should be our theme song :D

Vudujin

Smash Lord
If anyone wants to smash at my house after Duquesne to get warmed up for the upcoming tourneys (CABC, that's your cue), feel free to come by and spend the night over. I'll have 3 tvs and 3 system setups, so it's basically duq but the madness is continued at this address: 284 Rockdale Road Butler, PA 16002

Give me a call if you're interested or talk to me on Friday; 724.991.6197

4%, I'll be at your ohio tourney, with a setup 'n' such.

Naka!!!!!!!! **** sets the other day.

TheLake

Smash Master
Butler, pittsburgh, lets owe it to PA and **** steves tourney.

I love eating food

Fergie has a rocking body

That is all

Impp

Smash Ace
Just a reminder, there's two tournaments coming up. There's one this Saturday on the 10th... And Steve just posted one for November.

Top Bottom