• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I just read the stories of the horde and alliance. The horde has such a better story. Im wondering when thrall will be fed up with the forsaken and the belfs. I rly like the undead and the belfs stories now.

Im never gonna roll a tauren now lol j/k kinda

D20

Smash Lord
The story of WoW is pretty sick. I wish I would have played through end-game raids of Pre-BC and BC since they deal with many of the major players in the history of Azeroth. The story of Illidan is truly amazing... very much like a Shakespearean tragedy. He was once a powerful night elf during the War of the Ancients, but he fell victim to both unrequited love and the allure of magic.

The story of the creation of the Lich King, the fall of Arthas, and the death of Sylvanas are awesome, too. I'm sure we'll find out more about those in the expansion. I've heard rumors that in the days before WotLK comes out there will be another world event that illustrates the destruction of Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I cant wait to see the next part in sylvanas's story. She was always my fav horde leader and is even more so now that i have info on her story.

hopefully this down time is them fine tuning arena. Oh noes I missed my daillies yesterday. =(

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
I cant wait to see the next part in sylvanas's story. She was always my fav horde leader and is even more so now that i have info on her story.

hopefully this down time is them fine tuning arena. Oh noes I missed my daillies yesterday. =(
I personally always wanted to watch raids on Tbluff... Seeing them try to take down the big Tauren wielding a tree trunk and no guards. He's gotta be nasty.

Usually I just get too excited when I see groups of 5 people or so from alliance come into any horde city and rather than follow them I just kill them >_>

Vyke

Smash Champion
silly boards. Good to see Darkrain still ***** plants.

Matt texted me and said he wanted to Smash this weekend, so it looks inevitable.

My favorite part of Warcraft's story is Arthas's fall from righteousness and Ner'zhul's transformation into the Lich King. That and Thrall and Grom VS Mannoroth.

TheLake

Smash Master
Darkrain rules!!! ^_^

Cactuar is like.... incredible, he roughed up darkrain in that there last game ):

MVP to hungrybox for 4 stocking m2k though, thats pretty balzarific

Oh i drove on the road for the first time today *dances* yeeeeeeeeeeaaah

D20

Smash Lord
I checked the results... I guess I don't feel too bad about always losing to Juke.

On a side note, I don't have the car this weekend.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Look's like Taki's option is to beg Matt, because I may not have a car this weekend either. May, anyway.

Baki The Grappler is an awesome anime.

D

Deleted member

I thought Darkrain looked awful. Whenever Cactuar wasn't ****** him, you can see that he simply isn't that good anyway, since he just sits in place doing SH nairs over and over like a ******* until cactuar lets him grab. I also like how Cactuar does nothing but jab, nairs and high bairs, half of which can be crouch grabbed. While the set is fun to watch, it's only because Cactuar sandbags so hard that it actually is funny.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I'm probably never going to drive to Shippensburg, except for the Mow-fest. Someone else can, though. As long as it's a scheduled event I'll drive, so I'm mentally prepared for it. Otherwise I ain't going on a whim.

Edit: Somewhere in the back of my mind tells me that I may have responded too seriously.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I thought Darkrain looked awful. Whenever Cactuar wasn't ****** him, you can see that he simply isn't that good anyway, since he just sits in place doing SH nairs over and over like a ******* until cactuar lets him grab. I also like how Cactuar does nothing but jab, nairs and high bairs, half of which can be crouch grabbed. While the set is fun to watch, it's only because Cactuar sandbags so hard that it actually is funny.
but he did the dark rain combo #3
Im pretty sure that means he won the set

the end

XD XD XD

D

Deleted member

if that were in a combo video in 2004-2007, people would have made fun of him.

I like cactuar's let-go-of-the-controller DI.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
if that were in a combo video in 2004-2007, people would have made fun of him.

I like cactuar's let-go-of-the-controller DI.
I like how he proved vs Darkrain as he did vs Scar time and again, all you need to do to beat falcon is SH nair... a lot... Cactuar sandbags so much it's actually funny -- I second that.

Vyke

Smash Champion
The only reason Cactaur sandbags is because if he actually lost in a serious fight he'd probably kill himself, so he needs to keep feigning skill in order to preserve his sanity.

True story.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
The only reason Cactaur sandbags is because if he actually lost in a serious fight he'd probably kill himself, so he needs to keep feigning skill

http://thottbot.com/?sp=5384

but seriously, just because he doesnt move around at godly speeds (like me muahhahahaha ) doesnt mean that hes sandbaggin. He just chose to minimalistic. He found a few good exploits and used them against darkrain. No use goin thorugh your bag of tricks if you've figured him out and can 3 stock him using like 5 moves. Hes probly gettin tired of ppl saying he sandbags STILL. When i beat cactus its not gonna be cuz he was sandbaggin, it'll be because im **** in fox dittos. He wasnt sandbaggin he just made darkrin look a bit silly thats all

TheLake

Smash Master

I like how he proved vs Darkrain as he did vs Scar time and again, all you need to do to beat falcon is SH nair... a lot... Cactuar sandbags so much it's actually funny -- I second that.
Haha smashers are funny
Didnt darkrain get like third? I thought that was pretty good *shrugs*

Hey *gives the shifty eye* i heard darkrain only wanted to place as high as the amount of combos uploaded on youtube for his falcon. He was all like "well i got 2 darkrain combos I think ill just shoot for second cause im a beast" then he unexpectedly ***** cactuar third game and was like "whoops accidently made another **** combo *sigh* guess im gonna have to settle for third and throw the set" *insert sandbagging* Good ol darkrain, as sharp as ever ^_^

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Haha smashers are funny
Didnt darkrain get like third? I thought that was pretty good *shrugs*

Hey *gives the shifty eye* i heard darkrain only wanted to place as high as the amount of combos uploaded on youtube for his falcon. He was all like "well i got 2 darkrain combos I think ill just shoot for second cause im a beast" then he unexpectedly ***** cactuar third game and was like "whoops accidently made another **** combo *sigh* guess im gonna have to settle for third and throw the set" *insert sandbagging* Good ol darkrain, as sharp as ever ^_^
No Johns... Only Nair...

D

Deleted member

http://thottbot.com/?sp=5384

but seriously, just because he doesnt move around at godly speeds (like me muahhahahaha ) doesnt mean that hes sandbaggin. He just chose to minimalistic. He found a few good exploits and used them against darkrain. No use goin thorugh your bag of tricks if you've figured him out and can 3 stock him using like 5 moves. Hes probly gettin tired of ppl saying he sandbags STILL. When i beat cactus its not gonna be cuz he was sandbaggin, it'll be because im **** in fox dittos. He wasnt sandbaggin he just made darkrin look a bit silly thats all
You think I judge sandbagging by movement speed?

upthrow to run away is sandbagging. doing the dashdance with the slow laggy turn around is sandbagging. standing there and letting darkrain knee and kill you @ 45 is sandbagging.

regardless of how good cactuar is or how bad darkrain did against him, cactuar sandbagged his *** off. I've never seen that level of sandbagging in tournaments and I go out of my way to do so.

I was literally crying from laughter in matches 2+3.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
You think I judge sandbagging by movement speed?

upthrow to run away is sandbagging. doing the dashdance with the slow laggy turn around is sandbagging. standing there and letting darkrain knee and kill you @ 45 is sandbagging.

regardless of how good cactuar is or how bad darkrain did against him, cactuar sandbagged his *** off. I've never seen that level of sandbagging in tournaments and I go out of my way to do so.

I was literally crying from laughter in matches 2+3.
ok

/convinced

Top Bottom