• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Vyke

Smash Champion
This actually sounds pretty accurate.

*scratches head*

How did I even do some of those things....
I had a feeling something prickly was lurking nearby.

Do you still have my hoody from Smashtality IV, the black and gold steeler's one? I accidentally left it there.

Saturday sounds fine to me.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I had a feeling something prickly was lurking nearby.

Do you still have my hoody from Smashtality IV, the black and gold steeler's one? I accidentally left it there.

Saturday sounds fine to me.
Yeah, it's around the house somewhere.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Thanks again for hosting, John. Realized I didn't say thanks on the way out.

If anybody knows where I can find official word regarding the Ret pally changes, please link me. I want to know exactly what awful things Blizz (isn't) gonna do to them.

Vyke

Smash Champion
They're nerfing Retribution Paladin's burst damage but keeping their Damage Over Time the same. Burst damage is the ridiculous 5k crit after 5k crit from vengeance storm or whatever the ability is called. They'll still be doing decent amounts of damage, but nothing like two-shotting warriors anymore. Maybe five or six shotting.

Link To Blue Post For Ret Nerfs

Also, my download of WoW is almost complete after starting it yesterday at 7:00 PM. Reinstalled Windows, so it's a clean slate... hopefully it'll fix what's been wrong with my WoW. I don't remember 3.89 Gigs taking this long to download...

Taki still needs to give me that program to recover some of my stuff.

Edit: Also I had NO IDEA that you're unable to dodge when you're stunned. Rogues beware, you're in for a scare.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
+ THIS SITE ( <- click)

and while we're at it

+ SAME SITE

+ WORMNET
(didn't think they had worms tourneys? and in some 30-40 flavors no less, it's like going to baskin robbins every time you play, don't say a word about world party or worms 2 to these folks though)

just sayin

(ps no 3rd strike)

no 3rd stirke = :(

but liek i can get down with some alpha, this better not be some long extended rick roll or like a scary face tihngy because this seems a little "too good". Im downloading and stuff now

=p

pound3

Vyke

Smash Champion
You're very welcome Steve. I suppose I should be proud of you trying to steal my stuff, after I embedded the nature of evil into your very soul. Results, results.

Seriously though. If you haven't seen the movie by the time you come over next time, you can borrow it.

Also, I saw that sly edit, Alan. Your cunning linguistic skills have not gone overlooked, but I'm not that big of a ***got to exchange poetic dialogue with you.

pdk

Smash Lord
no 3rd stirke = :(

but liek i can get down with some alpha, this better not be some long extended rick roll or like a scary face tihngy because this seems a little "too good". Im downloading and stuff now

=p

pound3
i was expecting SF2 SUX and DUDE WHERE YA BEEN and WHY NOT WORLD PARTY but i am pleasantly surprised

what's the scoop on events now anyway, they still happenin' in that room with the blue walls behind the nitespot? if i were to get in the groove again it'd take like an hour just to get to pitt so the world's gotta know

and if i do show up we could probably do 3rd strike in person, part of the issue is my comp is a stinker so emulated 3rd strike netplay could never hope to go full speed on here (another part of it is 'lol parrying' and 'sf2 : sf3 :: ssbm : brawl (:: ssbm : sf2)' but that's for another day)

ps we never did do them 1 cent money matches

A-Laon

Smash Master
Also, I saw that sly edit, Alan. Your cunning linguistic skills have not gone overlooked, but I'm not that big of a ***got to exchange poetic dialogue with you.
The moment I looked at my post and realized the disasterous grammatical flaw-- one too tragic even to be excused with poetic license (unlike my probable improper use of the previous and following double-dash)-- I was absolutely certain it was too late to be changed without having already been exposed to the vigilant eyes of a potential critic. Though I was correct in this conclusion, it never the less stings to have been right regarding such a dreadful matter.

Hold no guilt, John. I must accept this shame as that spawned from my own doing.

Time for some writhing and self-torment.

EDIT: Nobody saw that...

TheLake

Smash Master
I slept with alan so i had a blast

seriously though, best sleep ive had in years
Go taki, get in there and get that but first give me whats rightfully mine (you know what im talking about)

And aww to baby mewtwo! I want one!

D20

Smash Lord
So, we totally hax'd Hall of legends yesterday...

Edit: This is Taki. The NiteSpot computers won't let me log out.

Vyke

Smash Champion
CAST OF CHARACTERS IN A CLICHE HORROR MOVIE:

Ike - Main character. Handsome, cocky fellow who also happens to fight for his friends.

Sonic - Most likely to die first because he won't shut up. Oh, and since this is cliche, cue 'You can run, but you can't hide' before the murder.

Peach - Token wussy female. All she does is scream and trip and shout out her allies' names for help or for no reason. Did I already mention tripping for no reason?

Wolf - Token wussy female's token dog that barks at an unseen enemy before whimpering and is later found dead.

Snake - Token badass that sacrifices himself for everyone else to survive. He was going to die of lung cancer anyway.

Wario - The creepy uncle you expect to be the killer, but is actually a good guy by the end.

Falco - The mysterious raven (See: Edgar Allen Poe)

Mr. Game and Watch - Token black guy.

Zelda/Sheik - Token shady character that betrays the party and most likely dies, too. Also was involved in a hot sex scene with Captain Falcon.

Lucas - The unlikely hero that survives in the end because no one expects him to do anything useful the entire movie.

Olimar - The racist murderer that is found to be continually slaughtering colored people.

Roy - The forgotten one. He had gone insane and ends up killing himself before he is killed.

Samus - The news reporter that talks about the mishaps at Luigi's mansion and publicly warns everyone of the terrible weather with a tornado in the background.

Meta Knight - The tornado in the background.
From the Gaia forums. Who got it from somewhere else.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
So I was thinking about making this movie. It would show the differences between the different competitive gamers. Like, for melee, the camera would be behind the TV, facing the players and watchers. The players have their fingers moving really fast, and people watching would be talking about stuff like, "Aw, should JC waveshine grabbed."
"Yeah, but he would have DI'd out and teched it"
"Doesnt matter, if he shine pillar L-cancels, grab, Nair, Shine, edgeguard"
You know, stuff like that.
Then it'd be MvC2, where people would be yellin things that don't make any sense. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

Then it'd be something like Halo, where all 4 team mates are just shouting places on the map.
"One shot top blue!"
"A-Side! A-Side!"
"Got top blue!"
"Green hallway, one shot!"
Except rapidly, and almost not making any sense. Then I guess Madden, where its like dead silent, then one player is like, "YEAH! YEAH!" and the other one is disappointed. Then silence, repeat.

Guilty Gear, where its just 2 goth people, and its dead silent. (Just a stereotype, ive never seen pro guilty gear) Guitar Hero, the auidence is clapping.

Basically stuff that pokes fun at what we look like as competitive gamers. Thoughts?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
actually rob(response to something awhile back i think)

<forgot to repair> is ranked 3rd on our server, i dunno that doesnt seem like garbage to me hahaha
http://www.wowjutsu.com/us/detheroc/

Anyways......So I gquited. I joined a larger guild, just tryin to see whats out there and stuff. plz still feel free to PST me and stuff. I mean we do all know each other IRL and talk on boards so I dun rly see it as a big loss. I'll still do the Kara run this saturday unless you hate me or something or think im too lame =p.

<mindgamez> is

still

a better name than

the guild im in now

pound3

Vyke

Smash Champion
It isn't like you don't have alts.

Did you get inspiration from Dac, 9volt? lol

Edit: Oh and Zul'jin has free transfers available to lower populated servers. Gogo UltimaScout (Just kidding don't join Detheroc you'll die of disappointment)

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
So fun story. I found out something pretty amazing about the Scourge Invasion. All the epics that drop and all the ones you can buy from the vendor mad cheap can be disenchanted. And yield 2 void crystals 50% of the time.

In a 3 hour period yesterday of just doing scourge stuff, I was able to obtain 38 void crystals. LOL.

Top Bottom