• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

blowuptheking

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone. I didn't feel like reading 475 pages of posts, but could someone fill me in on what's going on brawl-wise (weeklies, tournaments etc.) in the Pittsburgh/NW PA area? Going back to Grove City college in a couple of weeks and thought I'd see who plays smash around here. :)

takieddine

Smash Master
I mean both can be discussed here, this is a PITTSBURGH thread, not a Melee in Pittsburgh thread.

Feel free to discuss advertise your events, but most of us are pretty out of touch with brawl.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Hey everyone. I didn't feel like reading 475 pages of posts, but could someone fill me in on what's going on brawl-wise (weeklies, tournaments etc.) in the Pittsburgh/NW PA area? Going back to Grove City college in a couple of weeks and thought I'd see who plays smash around here. :)
Well, there IS a Brawl Tournament being hosted in Pittsburgh at the Peterson Center on the 16th of August... But it isn't being hosted by anyone who knows how to host a decent Smash Tournament. The rules are idiotic. 2 Minute Timed Matches and you're only allowed to use the Wii Remote controls. GameStop all over again.

As for local stuff... Well... some of us still play Brawl. Though don't expect us to take it seriously, it's all just for fun rather than actually measuring skill.

@Taki: I texted Matt, though he hasn't responded. I'll call in a few minutes. Do you know what time he works, or if he's working today?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Matt has about three videos with Jacob recorded, I'm not sure if they were in the Melee Folder I gave you (Depends on if I had updated them before or after that. They were there, but either not named and not moved or otherwise)

Also, when are you available to come over? I know you're moving soon for college, so getting some footage with everybody before you move would be a good idea.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm interesting news from cybercon (I'll just copy the email).....

Pittsburgh CyberConXion has lost it's lease -

This is the last weekend to stop in and play
We are closing the doors at 5:00 pm on Sunday -

Any funds on account can only be used to play -
We have canceled our refund policy

We have to move out soon and instead of moving everything, we are going to offer everything up for sale -

Our E-Mail for this is - LAL_1710@verizon.net
You have got to read this entire e-mail -

The Pod Couches - $25 each -
The Pod Cabinets - $25 each -
The Video Projectors - $750 each

Each Console includes 2 controllers - Batteries not included
The Game Cubes - Qty (2) - $100 each - Games are not included
Extra Items
Games Cube Games - $5 each
Game Cube Memory card - $5 each
Game Cube Controllers - $10 each -
Game Cube Extension Cables - $5 each

The PS/2's - Qty (3) - $150 each
Extra Items
PS/2 - Memory Cards go with the systems -
PS/2 - Controllers Wired - $10 each
PS/2 - Expansion box - $5 each

The x-Box's - Qty (2) - $150 each (These are not the 360's)
Extra Items
This is the x-Box list and NOT the 360
x-Box - Controller Wired - $10

The x-Box/360 - Qty (2) - $250 each - Games are not included
Extra Items
x-Box 360 - Controller Wireless - $25 each
x-Box 360 Games - $25 each

The Wii - Qty (1) - $300 - Games are not included
Extra Items
Wii Controllers - $40 each
Wii Games - $25 each

Computer Systems -
They are - as is -
Computer with Mouse and Keyboard - $500 each
Computer with Mouse / Keyboard and Monitor - $650 each
Monitor - $150 each
Blue Chairs - $50 each
Small Benches - $25 each each
Round 42" tables - $50 each

For a complete list - Send an e-mail note to:

LAL_1710@verizon.net

All prices are subject to change
All prices are per Item - No Exception
There may be errors in this message -
All Sales are Final
All items are AS IS

Any funds on account can only be used to play -
We have canceled our refund policy

Thanks
Pittsburgh CyberConXion

>_> on an unrelated note, 44th FC = welcome to the jungle, didn't you tell me that was easy alan? cause it wasn't >_<

TheLake

Smash Master
My buddy and I will smash some brawl with ya

My cell phone is destroyed right now so just ring my house phone any time your free to smash. Just ask for "Aaron" and ill get to ya if I can.

I love smash. Me smash anything. Even brawl heh (See what i did there? :laugh:)

Vyke

Smash Champion
What happened to your phone, Aaron? We need to come pick you up for Spoony's place. I'm trying to call your house phone and IM you.

Tyberg29

Smash Cadet
That Gamestop thing at the Peterson Events Center looks dumb with the rules and all but I think I might go. You?

Tyberg29

Smash Cadet
Tyberg! Go to smashtality brother! *shakes fist towards the heavens*
AAHHH! I shall! Except...**** where is it? When? XD
I'll look for some info, but any help would be appreciated. I'm ashamed of not knowing this.

Tyberg29

Smash Cadet
Drats, it's like AAALLL the way on the other side of the darn state! I can't go...good luck everyone.
Just like, scream my name into the crowd a couple of times. It'll be that awesome.

D20

Smash Lord
I'm basically in love with Nastia Liukin - that one girl that went Mew2King on everyone in the Olympic Gymnastics competition.

Just had to get that off my chest. Thanks.

Vyke

Smash Champion
You know I just realized... There isn't a WoW thread on Smashboards at all. Except one for the upcoming expansion.

Hmmn...

Top Bottom