• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pockyD

Smash Legend
spacies are mildly cheap (shl? waveshining?), but the bigger gripe about them is just that they're overplayed and therefore not as interesting fight

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
spacies are mildly cheap (shl? waveshining?), but the bigger gripe about them is just that they're overplayed and therefore not as interesting fight

yea, but theres 2 iceclimbers!!! 2 v.s. 1??? hahahah jk

takieddine

Smash Master
**** uniqueness...i play to win baby...

and who the hell is an exclusive space animal, i just dont see your arguments...

tim and i play marth, cfalcon, as alternates...I play mario...

alan plays roy,

wes plays jiggs and mew2king...

i dont get it..

pockyD

Smash Legend
who or what exactly are you arguing against?

and for the last time wes doesn't play mew2king, i don't know why that keeps popping up

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I wish i played fox exclusively, I'd probly a better player.

umm, As wesley said lets not complain about matchups/characters, just suck it up and play your best. Even if your pichu vs. falco. It not like you dont know what to expect or anything. As a whole, we all should learn matchups better, that way the "cheap" matchups wont be so cheap, I mean i'll still 4 stock everyone but at least I wont shinespike/waveshine to death you everytime. XD

**** uniqueness.......In a 6 year old game theres no such thing as uniqueness and if there is then its in relativity to our group. On a side/random note Im really bothered with the words:

unique
good
well

I believe on average their scopes are too vauge and should be removed from the english langauge. the exception would be ISAI = too good

FYI im playing fox all day friday and wont switch unless theres a marth/roy that wants to be beaten by my roy.

pockyD

Smash Legend
people need to quit taking it so seriously

this didn't warrant a dissertation at all; people can play who they want to play and if you don't want to play against a character then don't play against the person

i'm not going to dumb down my game to satisfy someone else

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
hhahahah the origional argument was about peach and shiek, i don't know how it got to this..

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Your not being rude at all, i dont know why renth said "duh". Justin is the best peach player that goes to duquesne, so if you want to learn about peach just watch/play him.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it gets cut off if you have any text around it... (you can see the full thing in wes's sig)

and if you want to learn a more traditional peach, i'm not sure justin's the guy to watch x.x; he has a more unconventional style

pockyD

Smash Legend
well honestly he almost doesn't use floating at all and certainly doesn't use float cancelling; he goes with djc bair/nair instead

fine and dandy (and effective) but float cancelling is so much sweeter (and not that hard to learn)

i'd hate to play him all the more of he started using FC dairs/fairs

maximusartemus

Smash Cadet
For all who don't know I am Justin/ the Peach (actually Daisy) player.

What exactly is the float cancel? Is that where you are just floating above the air a little. If so I can do it, perhaps not to the effect that some can, but I just choose not to. Anyways what does it cancel?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
hahaha, oh man, Justin's such a n00b. Makes it that much more embassing that we all lose to him :(.

Float canceling is when you start an arial in the middle of your float. When you land, Daisy will just do the recovery animation for just landing from a jump, not the attack recovery animation. For instance, when you land after a fair, I believe it is 12 frames of lag on the ground, which is 6 if you lcancel it. However, if you float cancel it, it has a mere 4 frames of lag (standard jum recovery time), which is actually less than the amount of hitlag it generates on a shield, thus allowing Peach to be a cheatty-faced little ***** and grab after hitting shield with fair before the opponent can do anything. Float canceling is so lame. . .

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i think wes knows to0 much about peach, i think he secertly plays her hahahahah

pockyD

Smash Legend
i wasn't necessarily saying you can't do it, just that you don't

anyways, fair->grab isn't that practical because 1) they can still dodge/shine/roll out of it and 2) you generally can't afford to actually get close enough to a guy that they'll be in your grab range when you land; the strength of the fc fair is in the nasty range

Renth

Smash Hero
Ryoko Yaksa.... i played him about two weeks ago
sickest/best peach player i've ever seen you can learn a lot from him.

pockyD

Smash Legend
about the OC2 dvd, a good number of the matches are already on youtube (just search oc2) so i'm probably out on the dvd

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
yea, google video doesn't search youtube. You can find a lot of stuff that's not on google video on youtube.
search "Na!l" w/o quotes and you get my youtube SSBM vids in the google video section.
This is what led me to believe that google searched youtube

(PS: Those are REALLY old)

pockyD

Smash Legend
well mike g is an awesome aggressive peach

but honestly if you don't want to play defensive, peach isn't your character

A-Laon

Smash Master
well mike g is an awesome aggressive peach

but honestly if you don't want to play defensive, peach isn't your character
No, Peach isn't my character; however, nobody besides Falco is even remotely my character either, so seeing as we're on a nice level plain, why not Peach?

Don't worry. I predict I'll only need to go through a few more random cycles of inane character fads before I finally accept the (already acknowledged) fact that I'm just going to end up sticking purely with Falco and never have a secondary.

Until then, disregard my rediculous sentences.

Top Bottom