• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yea i kinda forgot that thats most of storm crew.....yea lets do it.

3:30 as usual.

EDIT: yea if theres a day to bring crews together its tommorrow. It'll be interesting to see the outcome of the day.

pockyD

Smash Legend
would take too long though; seeing as we have a tournament on sunday anyway we may as well run tons of friendlies tomorrow so the people who come from far away get more matches in =)

Nakamaru

Smash Master
So here is the plan for crews. When Me, Renth, Fafnir, and Timat show up. Cause i think we'll be the last to show up. We'll get a quick warmup and start the crew battle.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
SCS vs Storm... that should be fun to watch.

Too bad the MCC only has 2 active members... anyone want to join?

Renth

Smash Hero
SCS vs. Storm?

so.. SCS vs. Renth Odin and Maximus?

Timat/Soldier i'm uncertain to if they are comming.

When i said crew battles i meant random crews fun stuff!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i say friendlies and go from there. storm is down for just this weekend and i would hate to see over half of the time be devoted to a 1v1 where one can possibily face one member of storm in a span of 2hrs.

I would let sunday be for the tourney. crews and teams tomm tho seem like a go.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
oh yea, maybe i should tell you guys, this will be my 3rd tourney, and everyone else with me's 1st, so...they dont know what to expect

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
We want a friendly tournament this Friday? I figured this Friday we would hold off since we have the real deal on Sunday... but I suppose I could make a few certificates just in case we want to run a tourny.

pockyD

Smash Legend
no point in a tourney friday since there's a tourney sunday -_-

rather get more friendlies in, esp with new people and out-of-towners

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
SCS vs Storm... that should be fun to watch.

Too bad the MCC only has 2 active members... anyone want to join?
Correction Rob 3 active members, i was just on a anger mangement vaction, and matt counts sort of, its just that he cannot come to tournments and we can still play as us three against whoever, we rule first of all and matt might come until we all leave...........

takieddine

Smash Master
Can we have some of the newcomers introduce themselves so we're not as confused as last time...
So so far we have:

myself,
TSK,
Swiftbass,
Ron?,
Maximus,
PockyD,
Weseley,
Sheik?
Naka,
Rob,
Dory,
Renth,
Odin,
Timat,
RiTN,
RiTn,
RiTn,
RiTN.
Alaon
Playafritz?
Cowboyardee,
sweetooth?
new CMU guys,
new CMU guys,
new CMU guys,
new guys from last week,
new guys from last week,
new guys from last week,

and probably some more...

dayum thats a lot of people...First and foremost, make sure everyone gets enough friendlies. If we're ever sick of those, i guess thats when we decide if we leave it up for sunday(maybe instead of teams?) for the crew battle.

pockyD

Smash Legend
a regular crew battle takes like 20-30 mins and one TV so it's not a huge commitment if we play a single battle here or there to just settle a score or something

just saying we shouldn't turn the night into like 5 crews round-robining

edit: and if someone would just bring recording equipment we could record some sets x.x

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Recording equipment? Sweet... I really need to see a couple vids of me playing.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Can we have some of the newcomers introduce themselves so we're not as confused as last time...
So so far we have:

myself,
TSK,
Swiftbass,
Ron?,
Maximus,
PockyD,
Weseley,
Sheik?
Naka,
Rob,
Dory,
Renth,
Odin,
Timat,
RiTN,
RiTn,
RiTn,
RiTN.
Alaon
Playafritz?
Cowboyardee,
sweetooth?
new CMU guys,
new CMU guys,
new CMU guys,
new guys from last week,
new guys from last week,
new guys from last week,

and probably some more...

dayum thats a lot of people...First and foremost, make sure everyone gets enough friendlies. If we're ever sick of those, i guess thats when we decide if we leave it up for sunday(maybe instead of teams?) for the crew battle.

u always forget me!!!

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Good times as always everyone, I hope to see you all again on Sunday. I guess the tentitive plan for us college kids is to meet at Duquesne (by Starbucks) at around 10 (though it depends on bus times) on Sunday? From there we can go find the rare and elusive 16A.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
duquesne friday was SICK today, there where sooo many poeple. all i gotta say is team ultimate taki cheesecake owns!. hahahaha i was suppose to leave at 6 and i didnt leave till 10 30

aww renth u beat me, i took 11, but that was just from first one.

A-Laon

Smash Master
duquesne friday was SICK today, there where sooo many poeple. all i gotta say is team ultimate taki cheesecake owns!. hahahaha i was suppose to leave at 6 and i didnt leave till 10 30

aww renth u beat me, i took 11, but that was just from first one.
And you took my last stock in teams, you bloodthirsty barbarian.

I hope you're aware that justice will be served.

pockyD

Smash Legend
just got home lol

me wes sheik taki and tim left at 1:30 a.m. o_o then spent an hour waiting for a bus that wasn't running anymore =[

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
14 STOCKS TAKEN IN CREW BATTLES

What time should Naka pick up Kevin on sunday?
Ok, so you took 14, 4 of which were ben, 4 of which were rat-tail's. I took 13, 3 of Odin's, 4 of Naka's, 4 of Renth's, and 2 of random dude. I dunno, I guess you still have me beat, but what really matters is that Yellow Cheesecake Fantasy was the grand winner in the end, without even using 2 of our crew members ever. Either way, still awesome times.

I wish every Duquesne friday was like this, but alas, some times they are only awesome, not totally radical.

Looking forward to Sunday yall.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
EDIT: in all seriousness my feet are still cold

EDT2:
ggs all around guys. thx to the new guys for showin up and seeing what we're all about. such a large turnout and such good chicken tenders i wish i ate more of them........ :p nite ya'll

pockyD

Smash Legend
ok so anyway i've looked at bus schedules

there are two potentially viable sunday morning buses

10:05 from penn station (on eastern busway), arriving in sewickley at 10:42
11:15 from penn station, arrving in sewickley at 11:52

now as for getting to the downtown stop (either penn station, liberty ave. opp smithfield st, liberty ave. @ 7th street, or 7th street at Ft. Duquesne blvd), one of the duq guys will have to look into that, as i don't know what buses run by duq besides the ones i take to get there (61, 71, 67, 501) and where they lead to downtown

Top Bottom