• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, thanks for havin us. I would like for us to get down there every week...minus nancy, cuz he is the most annoying passenger ever. And now we know what we need to work on. Does anyone play a good peach? I would have liked to get in a Peach ditto, because i thought mine was good until yesterday...

Renth

Smash Hero
Hey guys, thanks for havin us. I would like for us to get down there every week...minus nancy, cuz he is the most annoying passenger ever. And now we know what we need to work on. Does anyone play a good peach? I would have liked to get in a Peach ditto, because i thought mine was good until yesterday...
Justin?

DUH

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I realize now that I need a LOT of work, haha.

I'll be practicing a lot more now, and hopefully getting down there every week w/ Na!l and rest of crew (minus Nancy...buh)

Nice games everyone, was some good fun ^^

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
As for catching the 16A, I'm not sure which bus would take us from Duquesne to Liberty Ave. I suppose if you guys think you can deal with the cold, we can walk. It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes... but I could be wrong.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
As for catching the 16A, I'm not sure which bus would take us from Duquesne to Liberty Ave. I suppose if you guys think you can deal with the cold, we can walk. It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes... but I could be wrong.
You guys are crazy if your going to walk 20 minutes in that cold on sunday.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
umm so are we shooting for the 11:15 bus tomm? because I doubt we'll all be there exactly @ 10. anyways just wanna confirm b4 tomm, cant wait. see ya'll in the morning.

EDIT: perhaps we should try to keep talk on this topic on one of the two threads, because it confusese me sometimes.

EDIT2: i will ROY every marth in my sight tomm.

pockyD

Smash Legend
10:30 @ the union building/starbucks?

someone should print out the 16A schedule btw; i don't have a printer

the directions once we're there that i'm guesstimating from the bus site and mapquest, for the record

get off at "Beaver St. @ Broad St."

Go East (Northeast?) up Broad St. / Orange Belt (same road i believe?)

Go North (Northwest?) on Centennial Ave (left turn)

Go East (Northeast?) on Blackburn Rd.

Panic and call Naka even though we're standing right in front of the building

estimated distance about half a mile

as for how to catch the 16A, i truly hope someone else (rob?) was on top of that; i'm completely lost about buses anywhere west of oakland

t3hEagleeye

Smash Rookie
this is early but im bored... Is there a certificate up for this week or what? I like how there seems to be something going on other than friendlies. Tourny my first week then crew battles last week it keeps things interesting. Just my 2 cents.

pockyD

Smash Legend
crew battles are generally a "holy crap we have way too many people" thing nowadays

this is in fact a certificate week though, so everyone bring your a-games

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
its cool shiek, you rule.
I have decided to pick up shiek to go along with my samus, so i am going to watch you play alot.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
we should all play peach and shiek!!! We would be the gayest crew eva!!!
but honeslty i dont think shiek is that broken, look at the stuff that fox and falco players can do now a days, i mean its hard to compete with 60 damage shine combos and waveshine sh*t.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
yea, the fact that sheik's down throw to fair work on almost all characters till at least 160% isnt broken at all. Not to mention you can make her grab range longer, and you can't crouch it.

Sheik combos are the normal stuff anyone can do. Fox/falco combos take skill.

Eh, i've just always hated sheik since FFAs with my friends.

pdk

Smash Lord
<3 Sheik dittos! I should pick up sheik again! Chain grab and breakdance fighting is the most fun you can have without leaving the couch.
A+++++++++++++++ 5 stars fast KOing good damage rates woud play as again?

A-Laon

Smash Master
Personally, I don't tend to find Sheik and Peach qite as cheap as they're usually considered.

Sheik does indeed grant a lot of reward with little risk or difficulty, but that only matters if she's the one hitting you -- reverse that, and it's Sheik death. Play smart and stay safe, and Sheik will be working extremely hard to nail you.

As for Peach, playing tactically and keeping yourself safe is all you really need to do to even-out the match against her. Truly, her cheapest qualities only work if the opponent lets them -- I consider that punishment, not cheapness.

If you have the "skill" required to play Fox and Falco, you ought to have the "skill" required to avoid getting gayed by Sheik and Peach.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't mind sheik at all... i really love playing against her with anyone except ganondorf (or anyone else cg-able from like 0-380)

peach is straight up crazy gay though

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Alan, there is a large difference between being punished and ***** for making mistakes. Taking 80% for making one mistake (As simple as CCing) and all the Peach player has to do is flick the C-Stick, that my friend is ****.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Alan, there is a large difference between being punished and ***** for making mistakes. Taking 80% for making one mistake (As simple as CCing) and all the Peach player has to do is flick the C-Stick, that my friend is ****.
yea it hurts but its no where close to 80 damage. If you find what moves counter her peach its balanced. She can't really even wave dash, its not like she can shine or anything.

ehhhh, i completely agree with alan on this topic (i still hate him :) ). And i disagree naka, at the level most of us are playing at right now falcos combos arent that difficult (notice everyone who can atleast wavedash can do them). Anyone who plays fox or falco can not complain about
peach and shiek being "cheap". If you notice; because of the current metagame, fox and falco are the two best chracters in the game. If you play smart against shiek and peach a victory is very possible, you cant just fly in there randomly trying combos.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Then don't make such mistakes.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't find it all that difficult to avoid the dsmash. To be hit by it, you must be right next to Peach and on the ground. What do I do? Keep my distance and fight in the air. Easy.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
ehhhh, i completely agree with alan on this topic (i still hate him :) ). And i disagree naka, at the level most of us are playing at right now falcos combos arent that difficult (notice everyone who can atleast wavedash can do them). Anyone who plays fox or falco can not complain about
peach and shiek being "cheap". If you notice; because of the current metagame, fox and falco are the two best chracters in the game. If you play smart against shiek and peach a victory is very possible, you cant just fly in there randomly trying combos.
sure you can. That's the trick to beating Shiek, you just combo the hell out of her with a space animal (both their shine combos are insane on her). Peach is the one you can't "randomly try" combos on, just cause if you miss an l-cancel, you take 70%, but that ***** is slow and likes taking lasers to the face all day, and is also not terribly hard to combo. Space animals are the best characters in the current metagame, followed by marth, then Peach and Shiek, so honestly, everyone could pick up the 4th and 5th most viable characters and I wouldn't care. People just like b!tching about the opponent rather than working out their own flaws, and that's why people have "character johns".

BTW, am I the only person that thinks the term, "john", is really stupid and doesn't know what it means? I can use it in context and stuff, I just don't get it. . .

pockyD

Smash Legend
*YUP!*

peach gets incredible use out of her WD, especially out of shield; try playing an equally skilled marth without WDing and see how bad you get obliterated

play who you want, i'm sick of fighting space animals anyway; just wish people would pick up the more interesting characters instead of the top 5 that everybody is always playing

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i completely agree with wess and naka, i dunno a john just means an excuse for losing.......like my hands are cold, my controller isnt working, i have to poop, your character is cheap, taki can see frames and "i only lost beacuse tim is a cyborg".

yea it would be cool if we had some more none space animal players. GO ROBS YLINK!

Top Bottom