• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Swift's anime recommendations

first of all not all of these are my favs of all time but just solid series to start out with.

Berserker(fantasy)
hellsing(vampires)
read or die(very innovative plot)
outlaw star(futuristic fantasy)
trigun (near future fantasy)
record of lodoss war(fantasy)
samurai X(samurai's)
escaflowne(fantasy)
elfen lied(some pyshic badass chick, nice story to follow)
Neon genesis Evangelion(perfection)

this isnt in any oder, but just in the order i could think of things. I cant say that I recommend anyone more than another except for maybe berserker and Evangelion, other than that, they're all solid titles. This was mainly for _HARM_ but theres no "harm" in putting it on the thread right? (pun was soooo intended)

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Outlaw Star was one of my favorite animes despite it being so short (or from what I saw on Toonami at night when I was like 13). I also enjoyed Ruroni Kenshin (I think that might be Samurai X?) alot. Cowboy Beebop and Full Metal Alchemist were my personal favorites after Dragon Ball Z started to get a little cheezy (like after the Android Saga, even though some of the episodes after that were still sweet, it just got annoying watching people power up for like 8 episodes). I used to watch bits and pieces of FLCL, but from what I saw of it I thought it was a bit strange.

Edit: Actually I lied before Yu Yu Hakusho was/is my favorite anime of all time.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
:) thanks swift, now we all can be anime/smash addicts together. I'll definitly check some of those out.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
I'm not huge on anime but I liked the star wars clone wars stuff if you guys havent seen it (I tend to be kind of a fundamentalist-type nerd).

Anyway this guy has em all, I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=cloudomnislashes

If you want to give em a try, they're like 4 minutes apeice. Check out episodes 18 and 19 -- they pulled off a jedi battle way better than any of the movies did.

pdk

Smash Lord
i dunno, this is a pretty underappreciated show as well:

tobg

Smash Cadet
lol since you guys are talkin about anime, and since my real life name is amine (anime with the n and m switched, its arabic), i jus had to recommend GTO: great teacher onizuka. i think its one of the most epic animes of all time, even though all its about is a guy from a gang who wants to be a teacher. i know it sounds gay (most animes seem gay to most people anyway) but if you watched it youd see how cool it is.

pretty random for my first post in like 4 months

pdk

Smash Lord
tobg, where exactly are you in mcmurray? according to google earth it's just a 15-minute drive from washington, ain't that a coincidence

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about the certificate delay... I will be e-mailing them to the accounts you guys posted in the PA player finder.

pockyD

Smash Legend
crank out those vids first o_o

and fridays are still fun for me; i just had a 3-day streak this week of like 4+ hours smash each and that blew it out of me... i'll be back before you know it

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i only play on duquesne fridays, maybe once during the week and then i practice for a little. So it doesnt get old for me. I just learned a ton of new tricks today.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
crank out those vids first o_o

and fridays are still fun for me; i just had a 3-day streak this week of like 4+ hours smash each and that blew it out of me... i'll be back before you know it
I'm cracking out the vids right now. I probably will only be smashing on fridays, and no colver trips for a while is what i ment.

pdk

Smash Lord
i played whatever version was on dreamcast......but MVC2 and SF3 Third stirke are better games. IMO
that's 98 wearing one of those big-nose-and-glasses masks, though i wouldn't know about mvc2 and 3s since i have yet to play them (i've been looking to play 3s though)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
that's 98 wearing one of those big-nose-and-glasses masks, though i wouldn't know about mvc2 and 3s since i have yet to play them (i've been looking to play 3s though)

SF3 is pretty sweet and since u like KoF im sure that u'll appreciate the balance and technicalities in it over MVC2 any day. I'd recommend SF3 to anyone.

pdk

Smash Lord
which version would you reccomend though? i've got an xbox laying around, how does that version compare to the ps2 one?

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I disagree, Super Smash Brothers Melee is a very good game, but Donkey Kong is much better...

*Hopes people recongnize the Billy Madison reference*

So we video taping Friday, thats pretty exciting. I hope I can get some matches taped so I can watch during the week how poor my game is.

Maybe we can do something special this week since its not a certificate week. Like a doubles tourney? Or maybe a crew battle? Or something new I haven't heard of yet?

pockyD

Smash Legend
if we're going to be recording we need some sort of system such that everyone interested gets some fair amount of matches recorded

i'm against a crew battle (for the purposes of recording; if we want to do it for fun, cool beans); it just doesn't generally make for good viewing

just keith

Smash Rookie
hey. i go to school in slippery rock, about an hour north via 79 from pittsburgh. im looking for smashers, we have a game night here every wednesday from 6pm-midnight. the parking is probably easier than it is for duquesne. the tv setup is similar to your setup at the 'nitespot'. i main falco/marth/samus, i know how to shffl, d.i., and wavedash. so i guess i'm not super garbage at the game. if anyone's interested in coming down, heres my email:

kbe9276@sru.edu

i dont check out smashboards too often, so email might be the best bet to get a hold of me. im not sure if the commute from here to duquesne is really bad or not, and if so, i miiiight be able to drive out there some time. but if anyone lives around slippery rock....hit me up.

Top Bottom