• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pdk

Smash Lord
naka, you should be proud of yourself for this 800 GET

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'll be there my usual 1:30ish

no cube/game from me this week though

especially since taki is going to be late, someone else needs to step up and bring at least a game (and hopefuly a cube) this week!

pdk

Smash Lord
granted that's assuming some clowns aren't spending the day playing mario kart on the cube at duq like last week though

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I expect to have to be working on graphics for a little while before heading over. Expect me to be there around 4-5ish. Can't stay too too late this time. Going to a MTG PTQ on saturday in Columbus, so I should leave before midnight to get a good night's sleep.

pdk

Smash Lord
come to think of it, dumb question but how many of the regular friday attendees are actually duq students?

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Me, Ev, and Core will be showing up around 430 or so, and I will bring a set-up. We will probably be there most of the night also, which is a first in a while for me.

medic.bob

Smash Rookie
Hey, persons, just wonderin a few things that i have assumptions on but want to clarify. friendly smashing would underly a meaning of non-pay-to-play, greasy bodies smashing, eaiting, and otherwise being physically unhealthy while developing some key finger muscle control and enjoying the fast that smash brothers hurts my eyes without the aid of an s-video cable? (Is it a free entry?) I and some friends are looking for a friday off, got map quested directions and its only 46 min drive. we'll definately come down sometime, can bring a set up (including everything needed for 4 players) and discounted snacks(as we work for walmart). Also wondering if any friday coming up would be better or worse for possibly 3 people to come down?

pdk

Smash Lord
it's free entry and all the setups i saw used composite (you know how competitive folk hate hdtv right now) plus the average number of people seems to be around 15 so i bet there'd be plenty of room

takieddine

Smash Master
That time you came pdk, turnout was pretty low >_>,

we usually have 20+ people there, Any Friday would be fine except some special cases before break or during a holiday that the place is closed. We have 4 Tv's with one complete setup already here, people usually bring 3 more cubes to fill all 4 tv's.

Keep checking the boards to find out if and when some Fridays are excluded from smashing.

Entree Fee is free etc...just bring your A game.

We have occasional free tournaments that we hold with certificates saying that youre the best smasher etc. on them.

pdk

Smash Lord
yes, bump, i know

so let's recap; what are the chances of the people with recording equipment being there with... their equipment?

and last week's turnout was your fault taki, that's what you get for wearing pinstripe shirts : (

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I am going off to try to finish my graphics now, I'll leave as soon as I finish, but don't get hopefull of me showing up for awhile, as I didn't get as much done as I would've liked last night. Tommorow is a big question mark for me because it looks like one of the cars to go to columbus backed out, so space could be an issue and I might be one of the guys who has to sit out. If that's the case, I'll be at Cybercon, but I'm still prioritizing the PTQ if I can go. Anyway, I'll be at Duq ASAP, I don't want to miss out on playing Soldier 6 . . .

pdk

Smash Lord
anyone you could possibly lend the equipment to then?

pdk

Smash Lord
BUMPITRON, ACTIVATE

looks like i'll be there around 7:30

pdk

Smash Lord
tonight, folks, demonstrated how one should go about spreading low-tier love

; )

and for the record who was the one guy who went "props to the dk player" during that one team match on the tv next to the snacks?

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
lot of fun smashing tonight/yesterday guys, and btw I have a digividcam which is certainly ABLE to record vids and its easy to put them up, but I'm not sure about what wires I have so I might have to actually point it at the tv and record which is gay, but I'll bring it next friday since everyone is nuts about recording these days.

for pdk: I don't know if it was me that ur talking about commenting on ur dk, but yeah ur dk is really really good... for a dk that is. it's obvious that u have a lot of smash skill and I was dissapointed that you almost only played as dk because he sucks against almost every character and ur obsession with him seems to be holding u back. I got to play ur marth once but I was playing my falco and falco vs marth is probably my best matchup ever so I still didn't really get a chance to see how u do with the other chars. You should practice with one of ur best higher tier characters this week and come back next friday with the goods. btw this is Nils the person u and ur brother were playing with almost exclusively when u first got there.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
yup, definately gg's. nice to meet Doug and the other slippery rock people, yall are definately a load of fun and I hope you guys come down more often.

@Swift - WTF is up with our matches, they're always so lopsided one way or the other -_-

Soldier6

Smash Apprentice
california university (washington county)
Attention!!!!!!!!!!

I recall lending out my copy of smash when someone left and they had to take their copy with them. IF ANYONE knows who's cube has my copy of smash in it from friday nights gathering I would REALLY appreciate a notice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:urg:
my aim name: DugieHowserMD
EMAIL: djs4682@sru.edu
I also have a FB - just look up Douglas Salkeld for Slippery Rock Network

@ everyone, GG's all and I speak for all the sru smashers when I say we had a **** load of FUN and are DEF coming back soon - no question about it!:chuckle:

pdk

Smash Lord
it was the cube on the far right tv i think, isn't that one owned by duq?

just keith

Smash Rookie
"props to the dk player" was prolly my friend brad. he was part of the slippery rock crew that showed up.

i was actually playing you while he said that i believe. heh. it was a good time.

scratch that. friday night at duquesne was an amazing time.

i came away learning many a things, and having a big old blasty blast.
i hope
-my marth will one day defeat wes' mewtwo
-that i will learn how to not get grabbed a thousand times by the dashdancing marth of swift
-that i will exact revenge on a-laon for his shl-madness.
-that i will come to duquesne more often.

and everyone else whose name escapes me, you guys rock.

on behalf of the few people that arent on the boards but came out to the duq:
friday smashing at duquesne is a tremendously great time. thank you

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I brought a Cube, but I had my own copy of smash in it, so it wasn't me. I am going to have to guess it was someone's cube after me, Rob, Ev, and Core left because seeing as we took our 2 cubes (which both had our own games) you guys were short on cubes. So check with the two people who set up the two cubes after we left...

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
It's good to be back in Pittsburgh.

Corey, Evan, and I went out to a tourny in Ohio the other day and did fairly well. Evan and I tied for 5th, and Corey was knocked out one round before us. We all went at least 4-2 in the tourny and took names in all the friendlies. Corey and I both lost one of our matches to vidjogamer... so those really don't even count as losses. For the record, we didn't compete in crews or teams, but I won my $5 money match.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Go darkrob! Show those people how PA plays smash.

Doug, hopfuly next time i wont have to leave early so i can play ya.
Kenith, Hopfuly i will get to play you sometime. heard good things about your marth from Doug
Everyone else. Good times till i had to leave. :/

Top Bottom