• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I would go to this but I'm already going to a Conn. tourney this weekend with velocity. I hope a lot of pepole show up to it.

Scar you suck ***, I have more posts than you, making me better than you at smash.

you know what my favorite quote ever is?

this is from a long time ago but....

"a smash NOOB telling a smash JOURNEYMAN what TO DO???"

best. quote. evar.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I guess that everyone who loves anime/gaming enough to go to a con, also loves techno/edm. So we have a rave to celebrate this bond. Also, it's great fun to look around and spot people that you randomly talked to and go dance with them.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
lol Yes this is my natural habitat, I feel very at home in the fray of debate. I mean whose opinion is needed here, I entered a garbage misunderstanding. Everyone knows it's just a misunderstanding and people are arguing for the sake of arguing, nothing in these past 3 or 4 pages has been worth anything.

I really don't know where some people get off.
Yes, everyone does know it was a misunderstanding, but it was all just that until pocky opened his fu*king mouth. Which he finds the need to do often to post his opinion that no one cares about.

I was going to stay out of it, but this is just getting way to annoying. Pocky, you're in cali so stay in cali.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i thought it was ok to start sentences with "and" = /
Technically I think it's fine, but "and" is a conjunction and should be linking two thoughts together. If a sentence is started with "and," then it's not linking anything and is therefore unnecessary. It's frowned upon to say the least and would be ***** slapped in an essay in any sort of writing class, not to mention very upsetting if it's in a cover letter for a job application.

TheLake

Smash Master
I like to start sentences with and regardless if its proper or not. And 9volt has the right idea. I say we all stop bickering and rave it up! What say ye pepole?! (heh I spelled it wrong again ^_^ *sigh* will I ever learn?)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
alright my bad guys..

i don't usually try to start arguments, i just make stupid, innocuous (in my mind) statements that people misinterpret and jump all over just because it's me saying them, even though it's usually made in jest and not in malice.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah i haven't played more than 2-3x in a year since like 10th grade

but i've been watching pro SC vods recently and wow, they make it look so fun so i think i'm going to start playing again

although whenever they show it from the player's POV i think i'm going to get a seizure; they must have ridiculous mental clarity to keep track of everything that's going on

D20

Smash Lord
I'll consider playing StarCraft II when it comes out. I was horrible at the first game, but it was still fun. The amount of skill and speed needed to play that game was ridiculous. Technical skill is measured in something called 'actions per minute', and I think the pros usually hit around 350 to 400. I would imagine that I was playing at around 20 to 25.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah its really fun at a high level but can also be pretty frustrating. after playing the game nonstop for like 7 years i just cant get into it again for more than like a month at a time, lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
pro APM is like 250-300 (race dependent of course)

on the other hand, it actually seems quite unfun to have to do that much stuff at the same time -_-

i know that when i did enter 1v1 tournaments back in the day, i had a lot less fun than when i was playing less serious games

2v2 is awesome in any form though

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I used to play, but I was terrible at it. Fun as hell, but I don't think I could get back into it again. I'll play some SCII tho.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i've lost faith in the "i'm korean = godly at starcraft" thing ever since i beat kimmy and his friends 1v3 freshman year using only hydras and queens lol

Sliq

Smash Master
i think One Piece is a pretty cool guy. eh wants to be king of the pirates and doesn't afraid of anything.

Top Bottom