• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
what are you talking about?
i just said that for a lot of people, going to such an event wouldn't even be considered
general statement is general.

"alot of people" means nothing so.... i'll ask you, what are u talkin bout willis

u should define "alot of people"

ps yay im gay that means im good @ this game
pss your not gay poopyface :p

pockyD

Smash Legend
tim why are you letting sheik post under your account

and by "a lot of people" i mean already over 50% of smashers, not to mention probably way more than 95% of the rest of the population

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
there was some confusion about who made it where in the gamestop thingy sooo...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4304198#post4304198

ike is the lamest character in the world. vidjo shouldve gone to win that stupid gamestop thingy. Now we'll hear from all the brawlf@gs for about 2 weeks about this

tim why are you letting sheik post under your account

and by "a lot of people" i mean already over 50% of smashers, not to mention probably way more than 95% of the rest of the population
thx for the definition, i'd question the smasher demographic, u'd be surprised(maybe) but whatever whatever i do what I want.

gay = good, but what kinda good "like do you mean cactuar good?"

pockyD

Smash Legend
fine, just in pittsburgh alone, how many of you guys (smashers) ended up going to the cartoon costume party (yes i'm trivializing it just to be a jerk)?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
you cant do that...

there are lost of ppl who define themselves as smashers. This aspect of your point can easily be turned bias. LIke whats the definition of a smasher? and who are we to make such a definition. you should stop while ur ahead son.

pockyD

Smash Legend
a smasher in this situation is someone who would consider traveling over an hour for a tournament

i don't see why this is hard to understand, i'm talking about this EXACT situation; smash tournament 1.5 hrs away, or cartoon club 15 mins away; i don't know why i have to lay this all out

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
a smasher in this situation is someone who would consider traveling over an hour for a tournament

i don't see why this is hard to understand, i'm talking about this EXACT situation; smash tournament 1.5 hrs away, or cartoon club 15 mins away; i don't know why i have to lay this all out
it doesnt mean anything statistically. surveying us means nothing and doesnt backup ur general statement so useless survey is useless.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Forgot to mention it was nice meeting you butler guys at Tekko. I woulda danced with you more, Lake, but I turned my head and you got kidnapped by the conga line (literally). Also, I owe u a MM because they never put melee back up in the VG room.

Also, has anyone seen Magus' series of vids? Basically its a small youtube poop at the begining, then Magus' ganon vs. M2K's something. Funny stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxCGCuZm78E&feature=related

pockyD

Smash Legend
it doesnt mean anything statistically. surveying us means nothing and doesnt backup ur general statement so useless survey is useless.
please quote this "general statement" that you're referring to because i have NO idea what you're talking about

and this is just in pgh, where a lot of you just happen to be cartoon lovers; of all the smashers i met in NJ/east PA, i'd probably say even less than 10% would even consider going to an anime convention at all, not even choosing it over a smash tournament

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
and this is just in pgh, where a lot of you just happen to be cartoon lovers
im pretty sure alot of us are cartoon lovers. who didnt like "hey arnold" ,"rugrats", or one of them nickelodeon classics?.

anime =/= cartoons.

Im having a hard time finding the trail to the pot of gold your statements/argument is leading to, i dont know where ur goin with this in short. canu rephrase?

edit: have fun being bored @ work im off to class

D20

Smash Lord
I can't seem to follow these arguments. We're all nerds/geeks to some extent. It makes sense that we'd travel for Super Smash Brothers, read fantasy novels, watch anime, and/or play Dungeons and Dragons. If a Magic tournament is on the same day as a Star Wars convention, some of us are obviously going to choose one over the other. It all depends on a personal power ranking of hobbies.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I can't seem to follow these arguments. We're all nerds/geeks to some extent. It makes sense that we'd travel for Super Smash Brothers, read fantasy novels, watch anime, and/or play Dungeons and Dragons. If a Magic tournament is on the same day as a Star Wars convention, some of us are obviously going to choose one over the other. It all depends on a personal power ranking of hobbies.
YUUUP!!!

edit: off to class for real

Nakamaru

Smash Master
this is what i was responding to

now just please refer me to the "general statement" that you have trouble understanding; everything i've said seems clear to me
Its clear to you because you dont like it, and they are your own words. I'd be worried if you didnt understand your own words. From what i've read your entire point is that you just dont understand the point of anime conventions. Which is fine. Just let us have our fun and leave it at you dont get it and will never do it. Oh wells.

pockyD

Smash Legend
people fail at reading comprehension

i just would like to know what you THINK i'm saying, because i don't understand how i'm being misinterpreted

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Dont get all defensive. : / You're saying that it is a waste of time and going to a smash tournament is way better. I'm saying that i'd rather go to a great event that happens once a year than go to a tournament that will happen again, aka smashtastrophe coming up soon.

We all have opinions on it. No point in arguing over them. what does it matter anyway?

pockyD

Smash Legend
oh my god, please quote me where i said or even implied that going to an anime convention is a waste of time FOR ANYONE BUT MYSELF (and others who don't like anime)

everything i've said about disliking anime conventions has been as a joke and as a side note in all of my posts

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
wow, this is the most ******** discussion ever. SERIOUSLY people, before ripping on Pocky, please read his posts and understand what he's saying, it's not that difficult. Here's the orrigional exchange that subsequently pissed Swift off because he didn't bother to actually read.

Nah, Tekko > Ohio

Tekko happens once a year, but there will be other smash tournaments.
Here, Naka is saying that Tekko is better than Ohio because Tekko happens once a year and he can always find a smash tournament to go to.

well a lot of people don't find dressing up as cartoon characters appealing =\
Here PockyD is saying that while that may be true, Tekko is not necessarily > Ohio because not everyone enjoys the whole Tekko scene.

Get it yet? He's not being a d!ck, he's saying that comparing an Anime Convention and a Smash tournament isn't fair for everyone. To Naka, it makes sense and is fine, but to someone like say, PockyD or XYT or myself, who only likes smash not Anime Conventions, the fact that Tekko happens once a year is irrelevant because he'd always rather play smash.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
oh my god, please quote me where i said or even implied that going to an anime convention is a waste of time FOR ANYONE BUT MYSELF (and others who don't like anime)

everything i've said about disliking anime conventions has been as a joke and as a side note in all of my posts
That is what i meant by my post. You dont like it, and we do.

wasnt trying to attack you. Sorry

and i didnt sense the jokes in the posts mostly because you can't put tone into them unless you spell it out. So sarcasm goes unnoticed.

@Wes
--Im pretty sure we are all trying to say the same thing. Just doing a bad job of it.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
why even argue over such a opinionated statement as nakas. I mean its obvious a bias everyone doesnt need to know why its not true for others. It wouldnt come off as opinionated if it already werent apparent that it is diff for others.

Its obviously from a diff perspective so arguing it is like telling Hillary she should vote for Obama. I mean your not convincing naka of anything, ur just stating the obvious

im not coming @ you naka or anything because everyone makes opinionated statements...

apples > oranges
pokemon > digimon
lemon > limes
gibson eb-0 > rickenbacher
FF X-2 > FFVII (yea whatsup)

edit: thesis....im arguing that kevins argument is dumb because it only states the obvious.

TheLake

Smash Master
wow, this is the most ******** discussion ever. SERIOUSLY people, before ripping on Pocky, please read his posts and understand what he's saying, it's not that difficult. Here's the orrigional exchange that subsequently pissed Swift off because he didn't bother to actually read.

Here, Naka is saying that Tekko is better than Ohio because Tekko happens once a year and he can always find a smash tournament to go to.

Here PockyD is saying that while that may be true, Tekko is not necessarily > Ohio because not everyone enjoys the whole Tekko scene.

Get it yet? He's not being a d!ck, he's saying that comparing an Anime Convention and a Smash tournament isn't fair for everyone. To Naka, it makes sense and is fine, but to someone like say, PockyD or XYT or myself, who only likes smash not Anime Conventions, the fact that Tekko happens once a year is irrelevant because he'd always rather play smash.
Well no the misinterperatation lies in the fact he said "pepole". Not "pepole" in ohio or "smashers" in ohio or heck smashers in general. So no sense in blowing up like that. And actually it can be really hard to understand when someon generalizes like that. You probably met PockyD in person before and understand where hes coming from but for the rest of us it isnt that simple. lol sorry I suck at quoting...i was aiming for the second one wesley posted.

Any hoot 9volt! THAT RAVE WAS THE BEEZNEEZ! And we gotta make up that money match somtime! Freakin brawl takin up all of melees time lol not cool.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Well no the misinterperatation lies in the fact he said "pepole". Not "pepole" in ohio or "smashers" in ohio or heck smashers in general. So no sense in blowing up like that. And actually it can be really hard to understand when someon generalizes like that.

1) it's spelled "people"
2) does it make any less sense if i was referring to the general public? i myself conceded that the proportion of the smash community that is into anime is greater than the proportion of the general population

and yes i KNOW it was a ragingly obvious point, that's why it bothered me so much that you failed to comprehend it

i don't usually try to start arguments, i just make stupid, innocuous (in my mind) statements that people misinterpret and jump all over just because it's me saying them, even though it's usually made in jest and not in malice

for future reference, any post that i make that is one sentence or shorter is NOT meant to taken seriously

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
1) it's spelled "people"
2) does it make any less sense if i was referring to the general public? i myself conceded that the proportion of the smash community that is into anime is greater than the proportion of the general population

and yes i KNOW it was a ragingly obvious point, that's why it bothered me so much that you failed to comprehend it

i don't usually try to start arguments, i just make stupid, innocuous (in my mind) statements that people misinterpret and jump all over just because it's me saying them, even though it's usually made in jest and not in malice

for future reference, any post that i make that is one sentence or shorter is NOT meant to taken seriously
Paragraphs have indents and you are not supposed to start sentences with "and". Also, you forgot periods at the end of the paragraphs.

so taki you ever get teh shiny mew2?

TheLake

Smash Master
1) it's spelled "people"

Crud I always spell people wrong >< Blegh

Well glad we cleared up that argument thing. I honestly thought you just loved debating and i was like "Cool lets argue roar" but whateeevah. Whats done is done and it was fun no?

@taki - I saw two chicks making out in the middle of the dance floor O_O I love techno <3

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Crud I always spell people wrong >< Blegh

Well glad we cleared up that argument thing. I honestly thought you just loved debating and i was like "Cool lets argue roar" but whateeevah. Whats done is done and it was fun no?

@taki - I saw two chicks making out in the middle of the dance floor O_O I love techno <3
you should come down to pitts there are mad ravers @ my school. They're beast @ the spinning of the teh glow stick thingies. perhaps you can help me get in on the rave scene. I love the music but am scared to rave. I would like to get into mixing and stuff tho. Im all about the DJ'ing part of it, holy **** I THINK its awesome.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah I knew this by like, week 2 of Smash. It seems like everyone else in the world doesn't understand that.

Also Tim do me a favor and tell me how to indent my paragraphs on SWF. Also rules of grammar are context-dependent, on a forum like this the main goal is to communicate, not to do so within the arbitrary rules and conventions of any language. So I mean starting sentences with anything is fair game IMO.

Meanwhile, "pepole" is something that hurts my eyes and I would love to correct at any point in time regardless of context.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
As fast as lightning scar comes out of nowhere to post his unneeded opinion. Now we may observe the scar in his natural habitat as he will needlessly enters an argument. Crikey 'e's a big one!

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Yes this is my natural habitat, I feel very at home in the fray of debate. I mean whose opinion is needed here, I entered a garbage misunderstanding. Everyone knows it's just a misunderstanding and people are arguing for the sake of arguing, nothing in these past 3 or 4 pages has been worth anything.

I really don't know where some people get off.

Top Bottom