• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Atacusbebop123

Smash Journeyman
Whoops, got the dates mixed up, I can't go to Escape because of Tekko, the pre-release is next week.

Hells yeah RAVE! (I'll be glowstringing with blue and yellow glowsticks, you should approach me when they aren't being swung around me at high velocity)
Bebop's and Lakes (former) school colors + Favortie song by The Used= Blue and Yellow

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Sheik, im gonna warn you ahead of time that the tournament for melee is going to be free, and its $30 to get in to tekko. Friendlies will most likely be FFAs or brawl all day.

So im not sure if it what you are expecting when we say smash tournament.
Yeah, going just for smash isn't worth it really. Tournament winners don't get money or anything.... last year Mow got like a little bobblehead or something for winning >_>. Also, the first round or two may even be FFAs again :\. And aside from us, the competition isn't that great. So basically tekko's only worth it if you see other events you'd want to attend as well on Saturday.

Speaking of tekko events, the schedule is finally up! Though the game room staff hasn't posted tournament times yet. Also, I didn't see a smash panel on the list, is Dac not doing one this year?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Lulz at the "how to beat anyone at any fighting game" panel. XD

Wonder who it is and if they play smash.

@Taki
--Are you able to play early again this friday? Same time as last week 10am-12pm ish.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know Dac was in charge of that, but on the forums, I saw SSBM and SSBB listed as tourney games.

If I pre-register, will my badge come in the mail? Or do I have to bring that confirmation # to the place?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yea sheik i agree with tsk.

goto tekko if u like the anime fan crowd and all of the cosplay stuffz. Ive gone eevry year because of my general interest in the event itself. going for the smash would suck. I didnt even enter the tourney the last time I went.

TheLake

Smash Master
In regards to smash im only really going to ditto mow. (Thanks for the support yesterday tim!)

Other then that go for the ladies...they be mad hott

xyt

Smash Lord
mow is not going to this event.

i'm still contemplating goin to tekko.
as there are no rides to escape.
but yea.. perhaps i'll just try to MM scrubs -_-);;

xyt

Smash Lord
good luck at escape guys = /
if any vacancies in Rob's car appear for whatever reason, let me know ok? = /
never been there and i wanna check it out = /

Sliq

Smash Master
That's right dudes, I'm coming down from Buffalo to fight some people.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yea that is absolutely right, thats why there arent communities and competitive circuits designated to such things right? I mean that culture isnt even popular world wide >_>. I dont see a country like canada holding conventions and dressing up and...oh wait maybe I should do research b4 I make general statements

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Tall Bebop is TAAAAALL

EDIT: Could you possibly tell me what was specifically wrong with my controller TSK? I'm not nit picking, I just want to know what sucks about it so I can fix it/buy a new one.

Thanks.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I played with it, and i thought it was fine. Maybe it is just a difference of what a "good" controller feels like.

You just dont have padding on your stick which kinda threw me off at first.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yea that is absolutely right, thats why there arent communities and competitive circuits designated to such things right? I mean that culture isnt even popular world wide >_>. I dont see a country like canada holding conventions and dressing up and...oh wait maybe I should do research b4 I make general statements
what are you talking about?

did i say it was stupid? no... (even though i DO think so, i do also realize that plenty of people enjoy it); i just said that for a lot of people, going to such an event wouldn't even be considered, so at no point would they have had to make that choice

ps you're gay

Top Bottom