• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Rob: The Cleveland tourney you mentioned, would that be at the Escape venue?

Also, should I host a Brawl tourney at SRU? I won't do melee, just because the turnout will be just as bad. (Not that pgh are bad people, but because pgh+zig WAS the tourney) I think if I advertise it right, enough locals will come because it's really popular up here.

D20

Smash Lord
Yes, it will be at Escape.

I think a Brawl tournament at SRU would be awesome. Could you get it up and running in just a couple of weeks? I know Pitt and Duquesne finish up around April 27th or 28th.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
19th is the escape tourney isnt it?

I hope that tekko, escape, sru dont collide. Moreso, i hope none of them collide with tekko because tekko is a once a year thingy.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
No worries, if it's the same day as Escape, i'll just drive to Escape instead.

SRU is like...an hour north of pgh

TheLake

Smash Master
Tekko starts on the 11th, which is 11 days from today.

Just throwin that out there ^_^

@Mogwai - BUUUUUUUWWWWWAAAAAAAGGHHH!?!! :mad: Thats it you! No items...fox only....FINAL DESTINATION!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Tekko starts on the 11th, which is 11 days from today.

Just throwin that out there ^_^

@Mogwai - BUUUUUUUWWWWWAAAAAAAGGHHH!?!! :mad: Thats it you! No items...fox only....FINAL DESTINATION!
uh, ok... why are you challenging me to a chaingrab fest?

19th is Shadowmoor pre-release for those who are interested in mtg, 26th will be smashtastrophe 2, if you can get a brawl tourney on any other days, I'll be there.

Nakamaru

Smash Master

19th is Shadowmoor pre-release for those who are interested in mtg, 26th will be smashtastrophe 2, if you can get a brawl tourney on any other days, I'll be there.
Has MTG picked itself back up from (planeshift?). I thought that block was terrible, and i haven't been paying any attention since.

Also can i get a link to The Escape tourney thread? Surfing smashboards is like surfing molasses. -.-

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I've decided to quit smash. I'm just not good at it and I'm tired of playing it. It's been fun and all but it's gotten boring, so I'm gonna play some new stuff etc..

This means I probably won't be around weeklies much anymore either so here is one last vid of my samus before I leave: TSK Combo!

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I figured out Brawl. While 1v1s are campy and gay, 2v2s are the greatest thing ever. This is because Brawl, while being relatively talentless, keeps teams from stacking up on talent. (Eg M2K+PC) While the more experienced team tends to win, 2v2 fills up the stage more, which makes CGs and camping almost obsolete. It redeems Brawl's fail imo.

EDIT: missed tsk's post. I thought that was banned? All of my links to that were banned as of this morning.

EDIT2: Links gets changed to Courages?

EDIT3: L(i)nks = Courages? WTF is wrong with the online smashing boards?

EDIT4: (A)pril F00ls Day. (S)mash(i)ng gets changed to Haloing, etc etc...F*** ****it!

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace

I will be at the Shadowmoor pre-release, probably with Rob again. Is it at the same place again?

thedarkhand

Smash Cadet
I'll be late tommorrow, because Rattail is getting his Rattail cut off at 3 and I'm running the event as a fundraiser. Also, I'm playing football with some guys @ 4:30 to practice for a game. buyt after that, I'll be there.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
so, Pittsburgh, I would like to know if there is anyone out there capable of housing people the Friday night before SMASHTASTROPHE 2 (April 25). I will be housing Scar, GOTM, and Pakman again, but within the first hour or so of the thread being active, it looks like there's some serious OOS/long distance interest in this tourney. As of right now, I'm not sure if we'll need any help with housing, or if we'll need a ton, but I'd just like to get an idea of how accommodating we can be. Saturday night is not really an issue since we have the venue all night and people can just crash there (which will be totally ballin' I might add, all night smashing ftw), but I'm just concerned for the people who want to drive from more than 3 hours away trying to make the drive Saturday morning.

D20

Smash Lord
It will be very difficult for me to house anyone because I don't have a car on campus. However, I'll make it work.

If MD/VA shows up, we should make them get a hotel room. Just kidding... kind of.

Top Bottom