• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I just wanted to let you guys know we have 2 very special guests coming to Smash today at Duquesne, that is all I hope to see you guys there around 2ish.

Anyone interested in Pokeman battling I will be there from 2-6or7, so yeah lets battle.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
black/silver controller someone bring one plz. i'll trade u whatever color u want. and of course i'd only be trading the faceplate the inside will NOT be touched.

Renth

Smash Hero
black/silver controller someone bring one plz. i'll trade u whatever color u want. and of course i'd only be trading the faceplate the inside will NOT be touched.
I think, when i come to PA. You need to show me how to do this.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I'll make an effort to show up. Swift, do you happen to know what controller has the best control stick? I think it may be time for a new one, and I don't want to break in a brand new controller. Also, is it possible to exchange control sticks?

EDIT: Should I just contact you on aim?

D20

Smash Lord
I just wanted to let you guys know we have 2 very special guests coming to Smash today at Duquesne, that is all I hope to see you guys there around 2ish.
OMG! I'm so excited! I hope it is Dory..? and dead-aim or A-Laon and Playafritz. What if it is pdk and his little brother?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I'll make an effort to show up. Swift, do you happen to know what controller has the best control stick? I think it may be time for a new one, and I don't want to break in a brand new controller. Also, is it possible to exchange control sticks?

EDIT: Should I just contact you on aim?
i can move the control stick(rubber piece) to any controller so find one u like from another controller, bring the controller and I can switch for u. I dont have any more extras unless u like them taki style.

EDIT: im on AIM now

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
$1 MMs if I go. Part of the deal is you have to tell me at least one thing that I need to work on.

Renth

Smash Hero
darn, tourn today. I lost to Col Bol and Linguini took them both to 3rd game. 2 stocked col bol on yoshis and my last match with linguini i suicided too much =(

Great time though.

(random renth update) lol

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Hey we smashers down here in WV can't organize a tournament worth anything and were wondering if you guys are having anymore tourneys/smashfests before Brawl. It'd also be nice if GH was present :)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
we arent that good @ organizing things but we try.

9volt might be holding a tourney in slippery rock later this month(because i know he mentioned that he wanted to hold one more b4 brawl)

how far a y'all from cleveland?(just curious)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'd like to talk to Rose about organizing another tourney at his venue sometime in the near future cause I hear his venue is pretty rockin' and Pakman and Scar want an excuse to come out to Pittsburgh. Rose, if you see this, talk to me on AIM (WWRDude) or through PM or something, I'd like to know if/how we should go about setting something like this up.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
DAYUM! Has anyone seen g-reg vs. Chillin from Pound 3. It was a friendly match, but can someone tell me how the hell g-reg pulls off the combo starting at 2:24. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Wow, I actually didn't post on boards all Friday night and Saturday because I got RickRoll'd so bad. I clicked on the url and was like oh I'll let the video load while I catch up on the boards, and then bam the music started and I got RickRoll'd. Anyway now I have to hear this story about how Dak RickRoll'd someone in real life next time we play smash.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
keerarae is actually the best to tlak to if u wanna do soemthing with that venue. he said that he'd run something in early April but im sure someone could convince him otherwise if theres interest from philly and ohio. I'm also going to pitt union(like right after I post this) and try to get details about reservations for one of thier ballrooms. Also taki, i figured out how to fix drifting. Give me ur controller next time u see me(and anyone else who controller drifits.)

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Rob, you teamed with Kiwi? /end jealous. I would love to drive to C3, but I have a game that I can't miss that day. After the 3rd week in march, hockey will be no more and smash will happen...a lot.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Scar and Pakman can even stay overnight if needed, cause the venue is nice like that.

Itd be awesome if we try to get Ohio into this too.
I agree about Ohio. If we can confirm Philly and anyone notable from Ohio, we might be able to get some of MD/VA too.

Pakman and Scar would most likely be crashing at my place if they came.

keerarae is actually the best to tlak to if u wanna do soemthing with that venue. he said that he'd run something in early April but im sure someone could convince him otherwise if theres interest from philly and ohio. I'm also going to pitt union(like right after I post this) and try to get details about reservations for one of thier ballrooms. Also taki, i figured out how to fix drifting. Give me ur controller next time u see me(and anyone else who controller drifits.)
Keer never posts though... If you see him around or can talk to him or whatever, have him contact me. I'm very interested in running a tourney that would draw from Ohio and Eastern Philly, etc. and would be happy to shoulder the majority of the tourney running responsibilities, but we need to figure out a venue and date soon if we want non-hardcore people to still have any interest in Melee, so lets get on this. I propose the last weekend in Febuary or first in March. Discuss.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Wes, you should get the conan room. Like if those are the dates ur aiming for I couldnt imagine it being booked or anything/ having a hard time getting it. I hav emore ideas IM me if u need any kind of assistance.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
we arent that good @ organizing things but we try.

9volt might be holding a tourney in slippery rock later this month(because i know he mentioned that he wanted to hold one more b4 brawl)

how far a y'all from cleveland?(just curious)
To give you guys a perspective:

We're about 4 hours from Cleveland, 3.5 hours from Pittsburgh and 3 hours from Columbus.

pockyD

Smash Legend
you aren't supposed to hold events for money in the CMU rooms (I looked into it about a year ago)

and if you could, I'd recommend some other place, like random room in baker/porter/scaife/etc anyway, as connan is constantly booked

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
you aren't supposed to hold events for money in the CMU rooms (I looked into it about a year ago)

and if you could, I'd recommend some other place, like random room in baker/porter/scaife/etc anyway, as connan is constantly booked
god****it pittsburgh colleges are stupid umbc is awesome. I do not want the reason that this tourney plan fails because of some bull**** gambling policy. hell if it comes to it, i say have ppl pay regardless. payment isnt some big event quick and simple.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be easy to "hide" the fact that there's a pot for the tournament? As long as people don't blatantly throw money around for MMs, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
yea, I appreciate all the determination guys, but seriously, schools carry a lot of bull**** for holding tournies like this and I think Rose's venue or a similar setup is preferable. Like, from my experience, schools will have a very specific hour (general 10) when the security guards kick you out, sometimes noise levels are monitored, mm's are never allowed and you could get in deep **** for them, etc etc etc, so it's honestly more hassle than it's worth. I'll talk to Keer over the course of this week and see if he can look into dates for Rose's venue (sorry don't know what else to call it, I just remember that he held a tourney there) and we'll see where we can go from there.

Scar

#HarveyDent
yea, I appreciate all the determination guys, but seriously, schools carry a lot of bull**** for holding tournies like this
It's very true, but I don't think Penn wants me to do stuff like that either but I just lie to them. The guards do kick us out by 10, but they're more watching the building than the event, so you can get away with people passing around money pretty easily.

Can't wait to go btw.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If there is need for just kind of a quick fix tournament. Like a friday->saturday event, i can most likely get the youth building near my church. Its small, but i can fit everyone.

Top Bottom