• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

TheLake

Smash Master
Holy flip cakes that was fun!

Ok saturday was my first tournament ever for smash (same goes with my buddys) so with that said...

Xyt: You are a mindgame in itself! Your shiek is my new rival and i will have my revenge. MM? ;)

D20: You were my favorite opponet there and those were some CLOSE friendlies (shame the tourney matches couldnt have been the same lol i promise to be a more worthy advesary next time). Shame you have to drop those videos i liked showing pepole the weirdest/coolest young link ive ever played.

Taki: Thanks for some of those tips for marth. Great job as always.

Zig-Zag: .......WOW. Thank you for taking the time to **** me with everyone (Its a shame you cant use fox ^_^) especially that freakin rat of yours. Outstanding work you've certainly shown me where skill can take you in this game

Naka: I heart you as always...lets smash again somtime dude (at least before tekko)

Swiftbass: Sadly i didnt get to play you yet you probably had the biggest impact on my neo competitive smash (or any videogame for that matter) "game". You truly put into perspective for me what being GOOD at smash really is. "You cant let that stuff get to you" I will take this quote to my grave lol. I hope to play you someday (hopfully at tekko eh? eh? *nudge nudge*)

Rose and Crew: THANK YOU SIRS FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN...wish you got me on film rose sheesh you got my buds stinkin luigi but not the 6th best zelda in PA? Whats the matter with you? But yeah we should definatly have a crew battle somtime. That'd be so epic! (Oh and are you gonna post those videos online that you filmed? My buddy jacob was curious)

But yes thank you all of you. This meant alot to me (:

Oh and if anyone is curious (because i just knoooow you are) Im still gonna main zelda. So poo on any of you haters...long live the kick!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

Swiftbass: Sadly i didnt get to play you yet you probably had the biggest impact on my neo competitive smash (or any videogame for that matter) "game". You truly put into perspective for me what being GOOD at smash really is. "You cant let that stuff get to you" I will take this quote to my grave lol. I hope to play you someday (hopfully at tekko eh? eh? *nudge nudge*)
my bad I'm sry bout not getting friendlies or anything with ya. I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I took brakes from playing @ times and watched ppl play guitar hero and/or watched powerstone(cuz that game is sweet).

Since we are burdened by our location, we have to make our mental approach to this game the best. Like we dont have anyone whos pro thats close and the scene isnt much out here. I try to be the smartest and most efficient. Like there are certain edgeguards that should never be messed up, there are situations where X is the absolute best option. Yea ppl know this stuff but its the application and execution thats important. edgeguarding is what makes ppl "good". Either that or u can tack on crazy amounts of damage and get instant kills/mad easy edge guards.(like the DaShizWiz)

yeah we should hang out @ tekko(i should be there, im trying to get in for free again)

if u wants tips IM me anytime im always on (swiftbass)

next time i go to center, im bringing marvel if anyone wants to get *****.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Oh god, I did horrible

Good stuff to xyt for taking me out so early. You played the matches of your life.

That was a lot of fun guys. Im glad I got to hang out and have some good times. We'll do it again when brawl comes and my character is actually good, huh? ;)

Oh, and thanks to naka for hanging out with me afterwards

edit: oh, and by the way...I was very impressed by d20. Of everyone I played friendlies with, he was the one I had the hardest time against, honestly. That was fun.

pockyD

Smash Legend
so yeah
$2 mm with all of you at pound?

probably late day 1 or day 2 - i haven't played smash since mid december O_o so i need to get back in the swing of things

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm sure i'll love it

2/3 standard rules, floats and rainbow cruise banned, no wobbling (by me)

those are my rules everyone, and you don't get a chance to decline

Rose

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: this was missed cause boards were acting up.. but um... props to everyone who showed up to Rose's tournament : d
good stuff guys!!

1.Swiftbass
2.Taki
3.D20
4.XYT
that's all i remember.. little help?
someone threw away the brackets and the top 4 is all I remember. I only got a few vids, way less than I wanted. I will upload them when I get the chance (sometime in Feb.).

GG @ everyone who came, I saw great **** from everyone. good luck at pound guys.

btw, xyt, do you play ITG? my friend jjsz thought he recognized you.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
someone threw away the brackets and the top 4 is all I remember. I only got a few vids, way less than I wanted. I will upload them when I get the chance (sometime in Feb.).

GG @ everyone who came, I saw great **** from everyone. good luck at pound guys.

btw, xyt, do you play ITG? my friend jjsz thought he recognized you.

yea sheik plays.....hes kinda beast form what I know about that DDR stuffz :p(yes because all of them steppin games is DDR)

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Zig-Zag we need more GnW vs Pikachu matches. They were alot more fun than the Fox-pika matches we did.

@Swift
--you really have to explain moonwalking to me better. I kind of get it, but i still dont get the same result as yours. You dash forward and then half circle strait back right?

xyt

Smash Lord
@Rose: yea.. i'm retired now but i used to be a competitive ITG Player. lol

OMGOSH POOLS ARE UP!!!!!!!!

EDIT: ................................. Wes... Hugs.... Scar...
T_T)...................................

pockyD

Smash Legend
tim's in my pool O_o (zelgadis, pc chris too)

i'm going to see if i can get that switched

also wes you're with cactuar, i'd see about getting that switched too (unless you don't care)

takieddine

Smash Master
If anyone is interested in seeing the complete brawl roster you can see it in this image, and just in case you think I'm kidding don't click the link if your trying to play the game and see the characters for the first time unspoiled.

Complete Brawl Roster *Spoiler Alert*

Enjoys.
This was leaked like 2 days ago.

I like how all the noobs are crying over wolf being another Fox.

Marth's hitboxes are super nerfed, but he seems to be just as fast, if not faster in some of his other moves. His up/b is lamer now it seems.

Pink Falcon is back, and so is moonwalking. enough said.

WTF at R.O.B, he doesnt make sense as a character...

Sheik is much slower now it seems.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
People are cosplaying for pound 3? Now I want to go...

Everyones final smash is the Landmaster.

Ganon's U-tilt is as fast as a falcon punch now.

Dedede can chainthrow.

xyt

Smash Lord
As far as Pound 3 goes:
Wes' car: Wes, Maria, Me, Phil, Eugene
Rob's car: Rob, Taki, Swift

Me, Phil, Eugene, Rob, Taki, and Swift are splitting a hotel that Rob reserved already..
Eugene and Taki are not registered so that's kinda lame = /

I have HugS, Wes, Scar, Lain, and Skratch...
I have no clue who Lain and Skratch is so if anyone knows...
throw something at me @_@)....

I'll be teaming with Swift for doubles
and competing on the International Team for Regional Crews lol
yup.. I am that awesome ^_')

hmm.. ok.. those were some random things that crossed my head in regards to pound..
did i miss anything preparation wise? it feels like we're all pretty much good to go!
I guess Wes, can you post later on as to when and from where we're leaving cmu?

This Friday!!!!!!!!!! Duquesne Weeklies!!!!!!
I humbly request that TSK and Dead-Aim be there.....
I REALLY SINCERELY WILL APPRECIATE THE SAMUS PRACTICE..
HUGS/WES L:ijahklugdhioa:j$rhu#yw*^$r%&6ITYDGyrt5R^y*iw#uyioy&@o

and i hope a lot of people come too so we can get a last tournament goin for practice..
plus!! swift and i will be looking for teams practice!~!
hope to see y'all there!
take care : D!

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I hope you guys did well, I wanna know everything that happened!

I woulda been there friday, but I had the flu

Top Bottom