• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

D20

Smash Lord
Here's basically what happened...

Taki, Tim, Wes, Sheik, and I all made it out of the first round of pools, and Tim also made it out of the second round of pools. Tim beat Zelgadis twice (once in each round of pools), along with Wobbles, Watty, and some other big name players... high fives for Tim. In other news, Scar took HugS to 3 games in one of the most epic sets I've ever seen, and basically all of Pittsburgh beat Silent Wolf in friendlies.

Jash's Young Link is way better than mine... he 2-0'd me in our money match. However, my signature is still way hotter than his... and I beat Chaddd's Ganon. Go me!

I'm going to sleep.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i learned from this naka

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wDiQ0qJd1p4

btw naka u moonwalking like me is not sometihng u can pick up it'll take some practice and some experimenting with diff speeds etc. perserverence my friend
I know that, but it doesnt hurt to get a few pointers. I can get it 50/50 now from just screwing around with it, but only to the left. But it is progress.

Sounds like pound was pretty epic in terms of PA gaining some respect from the community by kicking some serious ***. Are there any vids of Scar's set with HugS?

Renth

Smash Hero
Jash's Young Link is way better than mine... he 2-0'd me in our money match. However, my signature is still way hotter than his... and I beat Chaddd's Ganon. Go me!

I'm going to sleep.
good **** on beating Chaddd must've been from that Renth practice.. hmmm ;)

Good **** everybody!

takieddine

Smash Master
Kage is an insane ganon main from Canada.

I got ***** in a deathpool second round.

This tourney was fun, but I wish it would have ended earlier. 4AM is too late...

Renth

Smash Hero
Kage is an insane ganon main from Canada.

I got ***** in a deathpool second round.

This tourney was fun, but I wish it would have ended earlier. 4AM is too late...
I'm really surprised Kage did as well as he did, however as time has been progressing i'm finding Ganon can counter fox. Chaddd showed me a few tricks along with Chillin never beats Chadddo anymore. Also, that Marth is really simple to beat so long you stay in the center of the stage.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I'm really surprised Kage did as well as he did, however as time has been progressing i'm finding Ganon can counter fox. Chaddd showed me a few tricks along with Chillin never beats Chadddo anymore. Also, that Marth is really simple to beat so long you stay in the center of the stage.
Yeah basically the moral of the story is that Renth should come back to PA for good, and he should live in Pittsburgh.

As for all the pounders, good **** I'm glad you all had an awesome time and did fairly well. Way to get some recognition for yourselves after all you've been working for.

Basically:

Pittsburgh Pounders>Silent Wolf

Renth

Smash Hero
No, i'm pretty sure renth should stay where he is.
lol hater .

again, good **** everybody and i'll see you all eventually. Probably when i visit PA in march dunno if i'm going to swing by pittsburgh or not but i'll definately be in colver if anyone wants to drive 2 hours.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
btw I just posted in the CT thread thanking ppl for support so..

thx guys for the support. After playing some of the toughest sets in my life turning around and seeing ppl I knew behind me felt good. I didnt go to class today. I've just been sitting here, posting spam on the main thread and letting it all soak in. It was a great experience.

Sry kevin there was no formal goodbye or anything, but good luck with Cali, dont get a baysain haircut and remember to be mean like the EC because we're the meanest mutha fcukers on the planet. :cool:

Rose

Smash Journeyman
guys...that's **** impressive! Pitt has stepped up its game immensely the past two years.

btw, Brawl sucks, and I claim olimar. Wolf and lucas look sexy too. C.Falcon looks lame, ***** aint got no combos.

TheLake

Smash Master
Gooo pittsburgh whoot! Thats what im talking about :D

PA for brawl

Rose how are those videos coming along? (Jacob is very anxious)

Oh and i sooo call krystal <---Is not in a depressing state of denial

TheLake

Smash Master
i didnt beat a single person worth mentioning = /.... in friendlies or even in single games... sigh..
You beat me many lots, silly ;)

But you at least went to pound and representd pittsburgh, that alone is an accomplishment. Props dude, props.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
Gooo pittsburgh whoot! Thats what im talking about :D

PA for brawl

Rose how are those videos coming along? (Jacob is very anxious)

Oh and i sooo call krystal <---Is not in a depressing state of denial

Krystal would've been my main =[

Tell Jacob not to get too excited. I thought I got some of his matches with keer (like the epic pokefloats one) but apparently the only one I have is (most of) Luigi vs naka's marth.

TheLake

Smash Master
Any videos are better then nothing!

Hurry up big guy!

Oh we still gotta do our crew battle...butler vs uhh cmu?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Does anyone have a black controller? I really want a black faceplate to go with my emerald. Blue/emrlad looks hot but black/emerald is my overall 3rd best choice.

1st; white/orange
2nd; white/emerald

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
I have one too. my old black controller. it still has the signature "Di k" stickers on it. yeah, the C got peeled off over time.

4% APR

Smash Champion
It really late notice, but there is an escape tournament this weekend if anyone is interested. :)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
happy birthday robs mom and thx again for having me.( i wonder if ur mom reads boards lol, and who would she main?)

OMG I AM FINALLY GETTING A NEW COMPUTER.......I CAN'T F**KIN WAIT. its been 4 years since i had this laptop and its showing it age, like everything is going on it(all @ once).

pockyD

Smash Legend
imo black/emerald is mediocre (and i actually don't like the way pearl/emerald looks, though i'd obv take it just for amazing factor, as with any controller involving pearl)

of the standard colors, orange is clearly awesomest to pair with emerald, and then we can be true controller-buddies too

black/indigo are just too close to emerald for it to look awesome =\ and i can't actually imagine a half-platinum, so i dunno how that'd look

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i thought about half platinum, that'd be my next idea if i didnt like black/emerald. Im actually not a fan of emerald/orange(in either combonation). I love orange but not with black or emerald. either with indigo or just orange/orange because its that 1337.

pearl/orange is the most 1337 without a doubt. pearl/black would look awesome too. I dunno why someone hasnt done any of those yet.

hey that sig is from 30 rock right? Tracy jordan......dayum i know stuff and I feel good.

Top Bottom