• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

thedarkhand

Smash Cadet
You should go at some point, it is fun and it really improves your game. I first went and first played this game august 2006, and now I can hold my own against d20, swift and taki. It's great fun

Scar

#HarveyDent
GO. Learn the ways of the Melee, for it is a beautiful and fulfilling path to walk. SEE YOU GUYS AT WHATEVER TOURNEY YOU ARE HOSTING <33333.

TheLake

Smash Master
Gaaanon! It is YOU that has matilda and therefor i belive the only way to settle ownership is through a ganon ditto (Or i guess i could ask nicely and request you take good care of the ol girl and return her to me when the time comes (: )

Scar i cant wait to meet ya whenever this tourney goes down. I saw your combo video and as a fan of both knees and disney i must say that was my favorite falcon combo video eva!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
swiper no swipping- I mean swift no moonwalking.

I got teh perfect controller...if I moonwalk friday scold me.

Yo matilda was my guilty pleasure(the movie with the little girl and the powers) back in the day, BECAUSE it was all girly and girl power-ish.

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
Hey did any of the Pitt smashers get a hold of a copy of Brawl yet? I clocked in around 20 hours on the game this President's Day weekend at my friend's place and wanted to hear what anyone else might have thought of it. I'm sure you've all read up on how other Smashers feel about it, but my personal take on the game is that it's been robbed of its competitive nature. Still fun though, but be warned that just about every advanced technical skill you may have acquired in Melee to give yourself a sizeable advantage over your opponent has just been reset to ZERO.

Above all else, the fact that the satisfaction has been taken out of landing Captain Falcon's knee (weak) and that he's been reduced to mortal says it all.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
good **** K_walk

none of us have it, I was considering moding my Wii but i'll wait. Ive heard/seen enough to be convinced that waiting 2 more weeks is worth it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I like lightning kicking more...O_o Mr. Mogwai sir were you by chance the red falcon i played that left with Xyt?

This is the lake on vudus account by the way...:laugh:
Yes, that was me. I'm awesome.

I am the gannon who has the controller that was left
You sure are. If I manage to get a Pittsburgh tourney together pre-brawl, you should team with me cause Scar and Pakman will be teaming and so will Swift and XYT, so I'll be needing a teammate and I <3 you.

I know right, it's like... the best. Ever.
yes, yes it is. I think my general quality of life is way higher now that I knee people when I play this game. Lasers are gay unless they are blue.

EDIT:
Hey did any of the Pitt smashers get a hold of a copy of Brawl yet? I clocked in around 20 hours on the game this President's Day weekend at my friend's place and wanted to hear what anyone else might have thought of it. I'm sure you've all read up on how other Smashers feel about it, but my personal take on the game is that it's been robbed of its competitive nature. Still fun though, but be warned that just about every advanced technical skill you may have acquired in Melee to give yourself a sizeable advantage over your opponent has just been reset to ZERO.

Above all else, the fact that the satisfaction has been taken out of landing Captain Falcon's knee (weak) and that he's been reduced to mortal says it all.
I got a couple hours of playing it in at Scars and I completely share your opinion. There is not enough game depth and as such, people will be peaking at this game very early and everyone will get tired of it as a competitive game within 6 month and go back to melee. [crosses fingers] Not only is the knee not as powerful but it's nearly impossible to combo into, this game sucks hard.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I got a couple hours of playing it in at Scars and I completely share your opinion. There is not enough game depth and as such, people will be peaking at this game very early and everyone will get tired of it as a competitive game within 6 month and go back to melee. [crosses fingers] Not only is the knee not as powerful but it's nearly impossible to combo into, this game sucks hard.
Makes 3 of us with the exact same opinion. Fun game (debatably), not competitive, people will peak early.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the scrub mentality, people who go to tournaments because they win every once in a while... Brawl will allow for that IMO. People who are bad will probably place fairly high in a Brawl tourney every once in a while.

Also, fingers crossed. Back to Melee in about 6 months. I know I'm never leaving, SPOC is your haven for Melee!

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
Nice to know my opinion wasn't alone. Hopefully, we could all be proven otherwise, if gamers can unearth some advanced techniques in the future. Regardless if they do though, the game is without a doubt much SLOWer than Melee which is =(. It's like playing every match with the floatiness of Jiggs and Samus. And we all know how long those matches can go on for. I've found that 3-stock in Brawl for now is comparable to the length of a 4-stock match in Melee.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I find it funny that ppl quit melee and waited for such a not good game. Perhaps if they were playing melee and not worrying about the next game to overtake melee......it'll be funny when the vast majority goes back to melee and the short ride down brawl lane is over.

People need to understand that this community is young and that melee will be around for the long run. Especially since a jiggs won the last major tourney. F**k mango but he has made this metagame more interesting. I do not think melee has peaked yet. The only exception would be M2K when playing friendlies and not being nervous.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think people "waiting for brawl" was just really people being "tired of melee", and they just said they were waiting for brawl to leave the door open to returning to the community, rather than "retiring" (which as we all know is a meaningless statement ;) )

xyt

Smash Lord
i got to play brawl for the first time last night......
i hate it.........
13 minute free for all ...........
OMGOSH SHEIK SUCKS T_T).........

TheLake

Smash Master
BUT I HEARD ZELDA IS DA SHIZ!?? HOW CAN BRAWL SUCK IF ZELDA IS DA SHIZ?!!

*rereads 13 minute free for all* ...........how bout those yankees

Rose

Smash Journeyman
mogwai, here are the dates the CCYO building is available as a venue:

+ every sunday this month and next month. NOTE that there *might* be restrictions on what sundays this could happen on, since saturday events would need to dismantle.
+ this saturday, the 23rd. No other saturday until late march.

Atacusbebop123

Smash Journeyman
mogwai, here are the dates the CCYO building is available as a venue:

+ every sunday this month and next month. NOTE that there *might* be restrictions on what sundays this could happen on, since saturday events would need to dismantle.
+ this saturday, the 23rd. No other saturday until late march.
Is this the oncoming of a smash day?

Atacusbebop123

Smash Journeyman
the game is just slow.. it woulda been longer too if smash balls werent on.. -_-)
oh okay that kinda sucks i was hoping if brawl ever became competetive, they would make a mode where smash balls were incorporated some how.

oh well haha

I know this might be in thw rond thread but I'll ask in both places

Is the pre-brawl tourny deff this saturday or sunday?

And also will there be smasharoni at Duquense friday?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
oh okay that kinda sucks i was hoping if brawl ever became competetive, they would make a mode where smash balls were incorporated some how.

oh well haha

I know this might be in thw rond thread but I'll ask in both places

Is the pre-brawl tourny deff this saturday or sunday?

And also will there be smasharoni at Duquense friday?
go click at the top of this page for the thread about the pre-brawl tourney. I think next sunday (3/2) is looking like the most likely day for it. This weekend is just too short notice for people coming from further away, I think.

Top Bottom