• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Despite me not having checked this thread in however long, it seemed to be destiny that I randomly be roaming the boards to see this while I wait for the next round of my 8 man constructed standard tourney (Magic Online son) to start (curse playing Dragonstorm for the long wait times between rounds, although it is not as bad as when I played Heartbeat while everyone and their mothers were playing control "draw go" decks, but I digress). Anyway I would like to do this and I think I could convince Rob to, too. I haven't drafted Lorwyn at all yet and my skills in Limited are rather weak, but nonetheless I'd like to do it, so count me in.

Also while I decided that we on are the topic of Magic, is anyone planning on going to the Morningtide Prerelease? I think me and Rob are if anyone would like to accompany us. Also, I am considering starting to play Magic in real life more, meaning I am thinking of purchasing all the cards I need for a competitive standard deck (like Dragonstorm) and I was wondering if there are any Friday Night Magics around here and also where would be a good place to get the cards I need for said deck?
Best place to buy cards is always online, find a good vendor for the most expensive rares in your deck and then just use them for all the stuff you need for the deck to save on shipping. I use findmagiccards.com to find the best vendor for stuff, though I don't really play constructed much anymore. I will be at the mourningtide prerelease, so I will see you guys there. There are FNM's around, but it really depends on what your tastes are for where to go. Talk to me more about it in person and I'll help you get into the irl game.

If people really want to get serious about drafting, there are drafts every tuesday at CMU, but I wouldn't recomend just jumping in until you're familiar with the sets and how to draft them because the people there are a bit intense and are very serious about the game (several are technically pros).

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Aww, crap.

The January date I had planned failed, so I moved it up to Dec. 28th (yesterday). Being that Wesley was the only person who sounded interested, I decided not to post the date change in here because Wes would be on break and couldn't make it regardless. Sorry guys.

We talked about looking for some kind of pre-release event to go to. I'll let you guys know if we find anything, and I hope you will do the same. I think I'm around the same level as you Matt, where I don't know a whole lot, but I'm starting to get serious about it.

www.starcitygames.com is an amazing online vendor. I got the Lorwyn box from there, and you can also buy singles there, too. Easy ordering, and 2 day standard shipping to PA. Wuld buy from again, A++++++++ (/joke)

I has pokeman team finally. I don't know exact strengths/weeknesses/pkmn types, but I'd like to play yous guys.

PS: Real men draft Fairy decks ^_^'

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Aww, crap.

The January date I had planned failed, so I moved it up to Dec. 28th (yesterday). Being that Wesley was the only person who sounded interested, I decided not to post the date change in here because Wes would be on break and couldn't make it regardless. Sorry guys.

We talked about looking for some kind of pre-release event to go to. I'll let you guys know if we find anything, and I hope you will do the same. I think I'm around the same level as you Matt, where I don't know a whole lot, but I'm starting to get serious about it.

www.starcitygames.com is an amazing online vendor. I got the Lorwyn box from there, and you can also buy singles there, too. Easy ordering, and 2 day standard shipping to PA. Wuld buy from again, A++++++++ (/joke)

I has pokeman team finally. I don't know exact strengths/weeknesses/pkmn types, but I'd like to play yous guys.

PS: Real men draft Fairy decks ^_^'
Mourningtide prerelease is Jan 19-20th at:

The Pittsburgh ExpoMart
105 Mall Boulevard, Monroeville

according to wizards site: http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/events/prereleases-na

Also, yes, Faeries are unreal good.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
wasn't really flaming but it's interesting to see you immediately go defensive >_<
And lol, check out the CT thread and then say we spam :D
Also, User CP --> edit options --> default thread subscription mode --> no email notification

TheLake

Smash Master
Ratz I missed wings...ah we went to taco bell and got 2 grande meals so i suppose that will sufice. Heh yeah that was loads of fun though. We're definatly down for saturday smash so keep us posted (Thats to YOU rose)

OH! Im pretty sure I left my copy of the game there. If you guys could keep track of that for next saturday (If it happens that is) I would most definatly appreciate it.

Atacusbebop123

Smash Journeyman
wasn't really flaming but it's interesting to see you immediately go defensive >_<
And lol, check out the CT thread and then say we spam :D
Also, User CP --> edit options --> default thread subscription mode --> no email notification
thanks haha

but are you doing this overnight thing again next time i couldn't make it this past weekend

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i would like to know if this is happening at some point soonly, because I might go to Ohayocon otherwise

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Well....crap. I made hotel reservations for Ohayocon. I have to go win a DDR, Halo 3, and 2 SSBM tourneys. Sorry guys.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
The schedule for the youth center is open so I can host another fest this Saturday, January 5th.

So, guys who might/can attend: what would be better, earlier in the day, ending later in the day- or starting mid-day or later in the day and going overnight into Sunday?

btw Lake, I do have your copy of Smash. btw 9Volt, enjoy beating toddlers at smash in your animu convention tourney. savor that non-cash prize. =O

TheLake

Smash Master
Yay my copys ok! I wouldnt mind just doing what we did last time *shrugs* maybe even start earlier and go on later (unless you guys happend to have spent the night last time and in which that case just shot for that again) but bagh as long as we smash im good. Hopfully we wont get lost this time lol

(Oh rose do you main bowser?)

mooml

Smash Rookie
I'll go if you have one this saturday at the Center Youth Center. It would be nice to rent the place out for the night. I, personally probably wouldn't stay there but for the people who have to drive awhile to get there it would be nice to have a warm place to stay.

TheLake

Smash Master
Hey we should have a small tourny tommorow. Any one who can participate puts in like 1-5 bucks or somthing. We set up a tourny in the game and winner gets all the loot. Doesnt have to be anything fancy. We can alter the rules i guess (best out of three sets?) but i wouldnt mind kickin a little butt for some cash (;

Or we can just do money matches of course...

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Yo, guys, we should start holding tourneys regularly wherever. I would just like to emphasize that we don't have a strong base of players because we don't have that many ppl. the more the merrier. Additionally brawl will be coming out soon and we want to be known as the tourney holding guys b4 cybercon does so.

With all of these new guys (thelake etc) we can actually build a decent base of players.

if brawl does what we hope and becomes competitve we want to draw ALL of the deticated players after all of the 1-2 month release hype(u know that period where everyone plays it nonstop t6hen suddenly stops). We dont know if brawl will do that, but it wont hurt.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
dabaru post

its important; as many of you know that my daughters name will be Linda.....however I was so compelled by the oddness of this name that it trumped Linda..

my daughters name will be Lain

/make not spam

Top Bottom