• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Rose

Smash Journeyman
hey pittsburgh guys. I haven't played good people for a long time, looking to get back into the game. I think the only people I've ever played from pitt are takie and kwalk, and that was summer of '06. I bet you duders are **** machines by now, eh?

when is your next weekly? I can bring a tv, cube, etc. I can bring johns too if anyone wants 'em. MY HANDS ARE COLD, I CANT PLAY RIGHT.

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
We were looking to create a weekly over break or at least a small gathering if we have a place to hold it. Otherwise the usual prolly won't be till after the break since Duquense is on lockdown.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I would again like to stress how important it is that someone bring

a. a video camera that i can use all day @ pound
b. if not a video camera a regualr camera that I can use all day
c. yes in fact all day means ALL DAY

I dont record things alot so im not going to get one for xmas or anything just want it for this one occassion.......plox

TheLake

Smash Master
If you guys ending up finding a place to smash give us a heads up. My buddys and I are all free next week and we all are just as anxious to play some good PA folks as much as the next man (or woman...O_O)

Heck I'll even try to find a place (might just use my buddys house) could be quite a drive for some of you though so....>_<

D20

Smash Lord
We might have a mini-smashfest at someone's house next week. I'll see if Matt or Evan would be willing to host.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
If you guys need a place to smash and are willing to drive to the center/aliquippa/monaca area (20 minutes from pittsburgh, there's an exit on 60 north), I'm on the operating committee of my youth center, so I could always host stuff there if I wanted.

There's a ****load of room, it would remove the hassle of having it at someone's house. Tell me if you guys are interested in that maybe the weekend after christmas or the weekend after new years. If so, I will immediately go speak with my supervisor to get it approved.

I could get all the other decent peeps in my area to come too (keer, axle, mech).

A-Laon

Smash Master
The nominations don't prove that Gimpy, Hylian, and Poultry have the best sigs. They prove that nobody has a clue what a good sig is.

Ignore the ignorants, Rob. Any respectably-minded individual knows you're the best.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
every other samus player that has a sig has a better one than him >_< but whatever post 100 yay

R0H + COL

Smash Rookie
Rose, how many people could this place hold . . . you guys wouldn't mind if 2 or 3 below par smashers showed up???

"Everybody loves a decent jiggs to practice uair's with fox"

Rose

Smash Journeyman
Rose, how many people could this place hold . . . you guys wouldn't mind if 2 or 3 below par smashers showed up???

here's the thing...it can hold a LOT. But if the number of people I host exceeds like, 12, I will have to pay a rental fee (I won't have to, but I would just feel guilty taking advantage of the place for free lol). I have no problems paying the small rental fee, though.

But if you aren't that great, you could do a HUGE favor by bringing set-ups so people don't have to wait for games (I currently only have one tv and cube, my copy of smash is in NY). You are welcome regardless, I doubt you could be any worse than me though.

As far as I know, there's no one using the building next weekend and the weekend after. Most weekdays are good too.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I'll go depending on the date. I can bring a TV and a cube. Also, this used to be Na!l, I met you guys at a tourney in cranberry.

TheLake

Smash Master
Like I said earlier Im free all break so just set a date. Ill chip in for a rental fee if nessicary (Id never mind paying for some quality matches...just gotta save some dough for them MM's (: ) And rose you'd be very suprised how lame us butler smashers can be (Of course we make up in uhh...fighting spirit?).

When do they have tournys in cranberry?! Do they have them all the time?

Im Aaron by the way (: just figured id throw my name out there... Oh and I can bring a cube but im not sure about a tv...

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
What anime con is that? i'd like to go.

Also, I dunno if anyone is interested in Magic, but im having a Lorwyn Draft at my house in early January. Everyone is welcome

TheLake

Smash Master
To the youth center!

Merry christmas naka! (Or swanny, kakashi, xemnas, whatever the hell your name is (;)

rotinegg

Smash Cadet
Hi my name is Chris and I am a Freshman at Carnegie Mellon University. I played smash semi competitively in high school but have been out of practice for a while. My email is cjo1@andrew.cmu.edu and I would like to be updated if there are any singles tourneys going on around pittsburgh. Thanks!

Top Bottom