• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Hi my name is Chris and I am a Freshman at Carnegie Mellon University. I played smash semi competitively in high school but have been out of practice for a while. My email is cjo1@andrew.cmu.edu and I would like to be updated if there are any singles tourneys going on around pittsburgh. Thanks!
You should come play me/XYT/heY niveK/DickChang sometime. If you want to come to Pound 3 (huge MD tourney in early Febuary), you should register ASAP and there will be someone who can give you a ride.

What anime con is that? i'd like to go.

Also, I dunno if anyone is interested in Magic, but im having a Lorwyn Draft at my house in early January. Everyone is welcome
I doubt I'll be around when you'd want to draft in Early Jan(First weekend I'm back is 19th/20th which is Mourningtide Prerelease), but keep me informed whenever you want to draft at other times cause I'm pretty big on Magic.

TheLake

Smash Master
True that...hot anime babes FTW (especially that chick in the gantz outfit..*Drools*)

TSK your that samus dude then? Haha i wanted to play you at tekko but keer kept hogging you with his **** peach. I played you at dusquene once with my ness (you four stocked me...go figure). Yeah who did max beat you with? If you claim you sucked back when, then you've gotta be better so you best be going to tekko again. My zelda needs some samus practice (;

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I didn't know you meant Tekko. got screwed out of going to Tekko last year. I hope to go this time around. Also, I'd like to go to Pound 3, but $60 is way too much for me to give to M2K/PC. If Azen got it, i'd be ok tho =P

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I play samus >_>
I'll probably go to tekko again, but if you start coming to our weeklies you'll probably see me lol
and I don't really remember who max used... zelda, peach, other random chars lol

D

Deleted member

by crowd request I used GAW vs you and got *****.

in the FFA thing, I played sheik and shot needles for 5 minutes, it came down to me, 4 stock @ 0% vs a young link, last stock at 137. He hit me with something and I fell over, and he ran over to me and I did sheik's get-up attack by the edge and edgehogged him for the KO. I did nothing but throw needles and a single get-up. I did 554%. LOL.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
ah, yeah you used g&w and pikachu or something as well... *continues to try to block out bad memories of those matches >_<*
and lol at the free for all round
also, stop lurking around here and critique my poke team please lol :D

TheLake

Smash Master
lol i saw the Gw match. I was the moron that walked up to you mow afterwards and was all like "Duude nice GnW" and you were just like "Uhh no it wasnt".

Ahh that was a fun day...*relives memorys of raving and smashing with a hint of DDR on the side* cant wait till this year, I heard Thecape has a 90 percent chance of showing up so that should be interesting.

takieddine

Smash Master
So can we have roll call on who can make it? so we know when to start/how many setups are needed...etc.

So far confirmed:
-Myself
-SpoonyD
-Rose (because we're obviously using the center).

Rose

Smash Journeyman
TSK your that samus dude then? Haha i wanted to play you at tekko but keer kept hogging you with his **** peach. I played you at dusquene once with my ness (you four stocked me...go figure). Yeah who did max beat you with? If you claim you sucked back when, then you've gotta be better so you best be going to tekko again. My zelda needs some samus practice (;

lol. tekko. I am good non-smash friends with Keer: he offered to take me to tekko last year but I got busy. He can be such a ***** when he plays smash though, especially with hogging good people =/

Anyway, I'm calling my supervisor today to see about Friday. The address is 125 CenterGrange Rd. Monaca, PA 15061. I'll get back to you guys if the plan goes through. I'll have a time, rules of conduct (lol), etc. It can go overnight if there is demand for it, we have lots of comfy sofas and blankets, plus wireless cable internet (overnight would entail a $5 housing fee).

We might have a lack of set-ups, especially if all the locals show up. I am horrendously tired of smashing with local people and my friends, due to the infrequency and the way they go about it. Two of my friends who are at my skill level (keer, meech) relentlessly hog good people when I'm with them at fests. That's why I originally wanted to smash away from this area.

So if you come, try to bring set-ups (especially cubes, games, and memcards) if possible =D Bringing a full set-up with a tv entitles you to free cookies and pie.

TheLake

Smash Master
Pie and cookies?!! All i have to do is bring a tv?! Goood deal. Heh bring your local buddys...so me and my buddys have folks to womp on :D

I'll bring a cube though and a memory card. MAYBE a t.v. but thats a strong maybe....but then again i do love me some pie....

Rose

Smash Journeyman
I got it approved.

So here's all the info:

125 CenterGrange Rd. Monaca, PA 15061

Friday, December 28th

3:00PM - whenever (the starting time is subject to slight change, will be certain before friday, bank on it being 1 at the earliest and 4 at the latest)

basic directions to augment mapquest: take 60 north from pitt until Center exit. turn right off ramp, take left onto brodhead road. Follow road past circle K on right and fruit market on left, turn right at Chag's catering and the church sign. Past the apartment complex to your left in front of a gravel lot is the Center Community and Youth Center.

I will be there at 3PM. Their is no rental fee, but I have to take some folding tables down stairs. That's a ***** job for one person, so I'd appreciate some help for two minutes =P

Staying overnight is free. We have sofas, chairs, a fold-out bed, blankets, a pokemon sleeping bag, wireless internet, a SEGA DREAMCAST™, and some leftovers in the fridge.

Current list of set-ups: 2 tvs at the center (one inside an xbox kiosk), my tv + gamecube (no game or memory card).
TVs: 3
GCs: 1
game+memcards: 0

try to bring a game and mem card. Having more tvs would be nice. And once again: free sweets and baked goods if you bring a full set-up.

Next friday is also available for smashing, if that is a better date or if you fellas just wanna smash again.

TheLake

Smash Master
Niice! Rose you rule! Im so in (down for next friday too) and ill definatly provide a game, cube, and memory card.

Hope to see you fellas friday (bring your A-game and of course your wallets :D)

dead-aim

Smash Cadet
whatever this is i am in for sure. Make a new thread so this is legit, this is a tourny right?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I'm not making this. If there is another one before break is over, I will clear my schedule for it.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, minor time change.

The fest will begin at 4:00PM. That is when I'll be able to get the keys. Show up at that time. If there are no cars in the lot, I'm not there yet. I will have everything up for 4:00PM.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
err, for whatever reason, the directions I gave turn up all weird on googlemaps and send people farther down the road than they should go.

off of brodhead, onto center grange road, we're almost directly on the left...you don't go down the road that much.

These directions SHOULD work because I lifted them directly from our last events in my friend's posts (SitC and SitC 2). Maybe googlemaps and mapquest changed or something. You guys aren't here yet so you're probably lost. God be with you, I hope you find your way =O

takieddine

Smash Master
Just got home, fun times. delicious wings.

All of those who didnt make it missed out.

We're trying for next Saturday so all who didnt make it(*******) should try to make it again :)

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
What anime con is that? i'd like to go.

Also, I dunno if anyone is interested in Magic, but im having a Lorwyn Draft at my house in early January. Everyone is welcome

Despite me not having checked this thread in however long, it seemed to be destiny that I randomly be roaming the boards to see this while I wait for the next round of my 8 man constructed standard tourney (Magic Online son) to start (curse playing Dragonstorm for the long wait times between rounds, although it is not as bad as when I played Heartbeat while everyone and their mothers were playing control "draw go" decks, but I digress). Anyway I would like to do this and I think I could convince Rob to, too. I haven't drafted Lorwyn at all yet and my skills in Limited are rather weak, but nonetheless I'd like to do it, so count me in.

Also while I decided that we on are the topic of Magic, is anyone planning on going to the Morningtide Prerelease? I think me and Rob are if anyone would like to accompany us. Also, I am considering starting to play Magic in real life more, meaning I am thinking of purchasing all the cards I need for a competitive standard deck (like Dragonstorm) and I was wondering if there are any Friday Night Magics around here and also where would be a good place to get the cards I need for said deck?

Top Bottom