• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Rose

Smash Journeyman
I'll be more dedicated once Brawl comes out and I know whether or not it will replace Melee. Brawl might have a degenerate metagame: even worse, Peach could be top tier. If brawl sucks, I'll dedicate myself to Melee.

so...who is interested in smash tomorrow at the CCYC? We can run a low cost tourney if ppl want. same conditions apply...we'll likely order in food again. Keer will be there the whole time, along with my other decent friend. I dunno about an exact time, doesn't really matter to me.

This may be the last time I have the hall for a while, so you *****es should come.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I'll be more dedicated once Brawl comes out and I know whether or not it will replace Melee. Brawl might have a degenerate metagame: even worse, Peach could be top tier. If brawl sucks, I'll dedicate myself to Melee.

so...who is interested in smash tomorrow at the CCYC? We can run a low cost tourney if ppl want. same conditions apply...we'll likely order in food again. Keer will be there the whole time, along with my other decent friend. I dunno about an exact time, doesn't really matter to me.

This may be the last time I have the hall for a while, so you *****es should come.
so theres no way we can have anything next weekend? :urg: :urg:

TheLake

Smash Master
YES! Small tourney tommorow maybe! Whoot! We're down...might be brining some other folks. Is this starting the same time as last time I take it?

Oh congrats on the kid swiftbass andim all for building PA base for brawl (IF it has any sort of competitive metagame what so ever)

Rose

Smash Journeyman
so theres no way we can have anything next weekend? :urg: :urg:
actually, I'm there right now and I just checked the calendar. Nothing is scheduled for saturday the 12th, so I might be able to snag it for smash.

Guys: tomorrow (saturday, the 5th) is solid...I guess come around the same time. Some other people will be there playing games and watching movies on a large projector in the main hall. If I'm not there yet, someone else will let you in. Set up in the side room. There should be snack foods and soda lying around.

Don't feel bad if you can't make it =]

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
Taki and myself will be unable to attend today due to measures beyond our control. Sorry for ditching out last min, as he and myself were planning this all week long.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
@Swift, is it pronounced "Lay-in", or like "Rain". Just curious.

I'm furry for Liru.

I'll try to host a "Last tourney before Brawl" at SRU

dead-aim

Smash Cadet
possible smash fest at my place today from 12 to 5. I live in carnegie, my house is like 8 min from duquesne (if there is no traffic)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
*just gets back and settled in pitts*

so i go home and the first thing I find is my camera YAY

the first thing I see when I come into my dorm (today) is my screwdriver and new batteries for my camera.

the only thing i would need to top this weekend off would be some smash, but i missed evans thingy. :urg:

xyt

Smash Lord
Warning: This post is meaningful do not regard as spam!

Hello guys, i just wanted to check what the ride situation is gonna for Pound 3

so.. it seems that Wes is driving and that should cover for me, swift, and Phil (anonable) at least.

i have a friend named Eugene who goes to cmu and wants in on pound 3...

it's up to wes in the end though...

so on another note.. who else is going? and how many cars do we have?

Rob? Evan? Matt? Taki? you guys seem the most likely to go besides the ones i mentioned.. so...

i don't know i dont wanna tell my friend to sign up unless there will be enough space..

so... hopefully we can figure this out kinda soon...

thanks!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Pound is aprox. 3 hours away, meaning that I can easily fit 5 in my car without the person who has to ride middle in the back getting completely boned. I agree though, we need to figure out what's happening with cars in case more people want to go.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
hey 9volt, did I ever play with you at SRU? were you the shorter dark-haired guy with Dac?

do you know if garret (sage) still plays?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Rob posted about rides to pound a while ago and what ive got from it was:

me, taki, evan, matt, himself

leaving in wes's car:

wes, shiek, phil, eugene?, dickchang?, heynivek?

volt/switchblades/spoony/rose/ whoever step up and say something because there are potential spots still open in cars. We need definetes so we can get prices straightened out etc.(wes i owe u moneyz i beleive). lets keep updating this list:

rob's car:
himself
swift
taki
evan
matt

Wesley's car:
himself
sheik
phil
___
___

these are the defenites right?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
also, volt were u plannign on holding that tourney like in the next few weeks? that'd be awesome and im sure pitt would come up for it. good practice in a tourney setting b4 the big one.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Rob posted about rides to pound a while ago and what ive got from it was:

me, taki, evan, matt, himself

leaving in wes's car:

wes, shiek, phil, eugene?, dickchang?, heynivek?

volt/switchblades/spoony/rose/ whoever step up and say something because there are potential spots still open in cars. We need definetes so we can get prices straightened out etc.(wes i owe u moneyz i beleive). lets keep updating this list:

rob's car:
himself
swift
taki
evan
matt

Wesley's car:
himself
sheik
phil
___
___

these are the defenites right?
Yea, you still owe me $20 from VLS I believe.

Also, it looks like housing will be scarce at best there, so I'm thinking Pittsburgh should get 2/3 rooms at the hotel. Not sure how everyone else feels about this, but I would like to get it all sorted out and make any reservations we may need ASAP, so everyone post your preferences. Not sure if Swift will be staying with the Tunes, or if I will be staying with TSA PA, but everyone should get everything figured out soon because this is the sort of **** you don't want to be worrying about the week before or after the hotel is already booked. I don't mind if we wait for CMU to get back in town to determine this (one week from today), but if we do, I want it done and figured out no later than that friday (the 18th).

D20

Smash Lord
I don't care what we do for the hotel rooms. Also, I've been having issues with my internet lately, so I won't be on much this week.

In my car I have...

Myself
Tim
Taki
Evan
Matt

xyt

Smash Lord
alrighty then! i am most definitely up for a getting a hotel room so count me in for that : D
and wes. would it be alright if we had eugene tag along in your car?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I would LOVE to go to Pound 3, really, I would. $60 is too much for me though. Also, I'm optimistic that I would have a good time. However, I am also a realist I'm good, but I'm not great, and I know that I will be sitting through all of Sunday's events. I also blew a good portion of my money at Ohayocon. Also, that would mean me missing two hockey games. So that's a 90% no from me.

Rock Smash: Final Mix will be Feb. 9th, methinks.

Garret plays. I used to see him at game night, but then I stopped going because a lot of people stopped going, and it began to suck. I haven't seen him in a long time. One reason for this, is that he hates Dac. I don't have a problem with him, but I hang out more with Dac, and I don't get to see Garret that much.

@Rose: I think you were the G&W/Bowser player, yes? I ate your yogurt covered raisins.

takieddine

Smash Master
I'm considering going, but not entering...$60-70 just to participate is ridiculous...I mean $60 was too much to begin with.

Also, considering that Swift & I aren't teaming. & singles is probably gonna suck death pools etc...

It's easy to think that riding 4+ hours to not enter is stupid, but you could still have fun watching finals/playing friendlies here and there.

dead-aim

Smash Cadet
so what time is everyone going to come this friday? We should have a first day of the new years smash tourny, but that probally wont work because pittsburgh is so uncompetitive. Would anyone want to do it? i say $5 entry fee.

TheLake

Smash Master
@9volt: So YOUR the one who ate the raisins! CURSE YOU! CURSE YOU I SAY!!!...wait...did you smash with us? I dont even remember there being raisins (just pizza...mmhhmm) Oh and i still owe you a MM i believe...and did you say butle kids went to some Rocksmash tourny? Were they any good? 0_o

That was fun saturday...shame some of you guys couldnt make it. You guys seem to be planning somthing big right now so i'll hold off any questions about casual smashing for later. Good luck to any of you guys going to pound 3.

Represent PA well (;

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
so what time is everyone going to come this friday? We should have a first day of the new years smash tourny, but that probally wont work because pittsburgh is so uncompetitive. Would anyone want to do it? i say $5 entry fee.
im down, even if its like a few of us, i'd wanna do something where the distribution of money isnt just winner take all, like

ex:

7 of us pay $5 which is 35

do a round robin:

1st; 15
2nd; 9
3rd; 6
4th; 5

like wtf thats mad fair. we SHUOLD DO THAT its fun and like in this format half the ppl get their moneys back.

even with 5 ppl we can work out nice payment so that ppl dont have to feel they're wasting money. like in a 5 man RR i dont mind paying out everyone.

ex:

5 ppl 4 bucks each

1st; 8
2nd; 5
3rd; 3
4th/5th; 2

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I'll go if I can.

@TheLake-The raisins incident was when Rose and Keer came up to SRU for game nite. Indeed, we still have a $1 MM to settle at some point. Also, the Butler people at rocksmash were not very good.

TheLake

Smash Master
@Swiftbass- Thats what im talkin about! I'm definatly down for a casual tourney. Just name a time and place.

@9volt - Haha if they sucked then it definatly wasnt the legendary butler trio, aka the "Three Wisemen";). And nvm to the whole raisin thing...i thought you showed up on saturday and we didnt get to properly introduce ourselves, let alone get our MM in. Hopfully we get it in before brawl comes out...(even though im more than likely still gonna play melee)

Atacusbebop123

Smash Journeyman
@Swiftbass- Thats what im talkin about! I'm definatly down for a casual tourney. Just name a time and place.

@9volt - Haha if they sucked then it definatly wasnt the legendary butler trio, aka the "Three Wisemen";). And nvm to the whole raisin thing...i thought you showed up on saturday and we didnt get to properly introduce ourselves, let alone get our MM in. Hopfully we get it in before brawl comes out...(even though im more than likely still gonna play melee)
That is until you beat Mow

but hey if I can go I will

TheLake

Smash Master
**** you...why must thyn bebop bring down thyn spirits?!

Only tekko will tell...*gives the shifty eye*

Top Bottom