• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Toad does not fit as a fighter at all, even though he was playable at SML2 =.=, he didnt have anything special. Just the same things as Peach and others.

Petey Piranha would have so much better fighting moves then Toad.

I swear! Toad is a AT type.. he helps MOST of the games.
Yeah... but Peach? Was she a fighter? No.

Toad should be in before Petey... Toads been around forever!

Tanea

Smash Ace
i hope that he is in it cause his abilities can be streched out because there has never been a move set for him just like toad so i would expect them to be altered to fit the game but who knows hopefully.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Eh. I'd have to say that King Boo even has more importance to the series than Petey. I think I would be vaguely surprised if Petey made it into brawl as a playable character, as... I don't know. Petey the piranha seems to represent everything that I hated about Mario Sunshine. The Mario series has always been weird, but it never came off as a low budget children's TV show, and then having things like the piantas and Petey and the talking squirt gun... eh.
I bet Petey the Piranha goes home to his loving wife Polly the Piranha, and then they go off to have tea with Barney the Blooper.
Anyone understand what I mean about Petey seeming juvenile?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
King boo is more important!? Um... no!

I mean out of all the Mario characters he isn't the 1st choice but he does have a higher chance than the rest of them (I mean com-on Waluigi isn't even a proper character).

Is he getting into Brawl? No
Is this thread good? Yes id say so (That last "Poster" was LMAO!)

Fawriel

Smash Master
For lack of anything better to do, I'll throw out there that even Waluigi is a more interesting "character" than this thing.
He's nothing but a recurring boss. And not even an interesting one. Heck, Ultros or Gilgamesh would seem like more interesting additions to Brawl.

And to base my bashing on something, I'll copy the summary of his personality from the Super Mario Wiki:

"Petey is a stereotypical big and strong character with a tiny brain. Even though Petey isn't very smart, he's still very skillful at playing golf. He also seems to like taking naps, and gets frustrated when someone suddenly wakes him up. He is also known for being very hungry, and he seems to be omnivorous. Despite his low intelligence, he seems to want to destroy Mario, but not as bad as Bowser. However, this may be due to the fact that he is simply hungry, and he sees Mario as a nice snack. But, in Mario Power Tennis, in Petey's victory ending, instead of attacking Mario and the others, he simply took the Trophy and flew away. His exact motives towards Mario and his friends, is unknown. Petey Piranha appears to have some sort of a relationship with King Boo. "

So in essence, he's a big piranta plant with a juvenile design.
Did I mention that I like interesting characters?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yes,I was referring to Junior. No,Toad will not make it in over Bowser Jr.
Ha, this debate is for another topic, but whatever.

What has Bowser Jr. brought to the Mario series? Super Mario Sunshine? Which not too many people even liked? (I did, but I found Bowser Jr. incredibly annoying still.)

Toad has been around for forever.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No Pety will make it in first... then King boo... then goomba... them Koopa troopa... Then Waluigi* XD

* Smash boards: Thats taking it to far Legolastom!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Oh, I do agree that Petey would get in before King Boo (it'd be weird seeing boo obeying the law of gravity). If a normal goomba got in, that'd be... beyond bizarre. Generic enemies clearly cannot compete against the other brawlers in combat... anything that pops out of a crate and gets killed a moment later can't really hold their own unless as a joke character.

I would have to say that King Boo really does hold more importance than Petey still, though. King Boo's been a minor boss enemy since Super Mario World and has been in more games... and, more importantly, he was Luigi's big baddy in Luigi's Mansion. I don't know who has appeared in more side games, but in the main games King Boo has his place above Petey.

But, Smash-wise, Petey before King Boo just by virtue of him having a more obvious moveset and, well, legs.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Um... that thing was a joke.

XD But the only other Mario characters getting in would be Toad or Bowser jr. (Maybe someone else but i cant think of anyone ATM).

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I will argue that Petey is way more important than both Waluigi and King Boo. First, Waluigi. While I know Waluigi was a huge(sarcasm) boss in Mario Dance Revolution… (rolls eyes) Petey has been a boss in 6 games, 3 of which would be considered one of Mario’s main adventures. Waluigi has only been a big boss in a dance game… Get over it.

King Boo is a boss in three less games. This is because all he is, is a Big Boo with a crown. King Boo has also been in 3 less filler games. This is probably because most sports games are better with legs. Or else it’s because he’s just a Big Boo with a crown and green eye makeup. My point is that he isn’t half as interesting as Petey, who can fly, vomit slime or make people slower, toss tornadoes, dig into the ground, summon more piranhas, heck, he can even bite. King Boo can turn invisible and float. Woo hoo.

mostly taken from wiki, I added some too
Petey Piranha
Super Mario Sunshine(boss), Super Princess Peach(boss), Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time(boss), New Super Mario Bros.(boss), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour(filler), Mario Kart: Double Dash!!(filler), Mario Power Tennis(filler), Mario Superstar Baseball(filler), Mario Basketball (cameo), Mario Strikers Charged(filler), Mario Pinball Land(boss), and Super Mario Galaxy(boss)
Boss 6, 5 Filler

Waluigi
Mario Tennis(filler), Mario Tennis: Power Tour(filler), Mario Party 3-up(filler), Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix(boss), Mario Striker's Charged(filler)
1 Boss, 4 Filler

King Boo
Luigi's Mansion(boss), Super Mario Sunshine(boss), Super Princess Peach(boss), Mario Kart: Double Dash!!(filler), Mario Party 8(cameo), Super Mario Baseball(filler)
3 Boss, 2 Filler

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Pety > King boo > Waluigi

It go's like that but Petey still has a lot more characters to fight through to get into Brawl...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Oh, good post oxyborb. I didn't actually realize Petey had made that many boss appearances in main Mario games. Well, I think it's obvious Nintendo is shoving forward Petey as a character these days, which that alone could increase his chances. Anyway, you've convinced me... though I think it would've been more fair to mention that King Boo wasn't just a boss in Luigi's Mansion, he was the leading antagonist.
However, still, I do feel like the SSB roster is becoming overladen with so many Mario characters compared to the other series. If Petey got in, I'd start to think that Sakurai simply had a huge preference for the Mario series (assuming that other series didn't get their characters of lesser importance as well).
So, whatever- He's got a decent enough chance, not the worst suggestion I've ever heard by a long shot... I still just don't like him that much though.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
No, I agree, there are waaaay more important characters than Petey. I just enjoy heavy chars and Petey's has some awesome moves that would be fun to use. Sakurai does like weird.

I'd be pissed as heck if Petey got in before the likes of Dedede, Ridley, Diddy, or if Ice Climbers didn't return

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
For you Petey supporters, is Petey your number one new character you'd like to see in Brawl? Or are you guys bigger supporters of Bowser Jr.? Or that Fawful guy, or the baby characters... what's your hierarchy of wanted Mario characters?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
For you Petey supporters, is Petey your number one new character you'd like to see in Brawl? Or are you guys bigger supporters of Bowser Jr.? Or that Fawful guy, or the baby characters... what's your hierarchy of wanted Mario characters?
>>

<<

Petey would be my number one most wanted Mario character. But when it comes to who I think we'll actually be getting, that would be Geno. Which I would still be happy about because Geno is awesome. I'd be happy even if Petey Piranha made it as an Assist Trophy. :)

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
If there were any other Mario character to pop up in Brawl. I would have to say it would be Petey Piranha. Its like a strange tradition for Petey to appear in every Mario game at this point. So why not have him pop up in Brawl?

I mean, look at Wario now. Look at how much personality he has! I think we need more characters with a big boost of personality. And Petey definitely fills in for the "wacky" quota that has been so limited all these years. Melee seemed much too serious and lifeless, let Brawl have more personality!

Geno only appeard in one game, and he isn't 100% Nintendo.
Toad is lacking in the "skill" department.
Bowser Jr is just another ripoff of a former character.
Waluigi hasn't even had his own game, in fact he never even appeared in a Wario game.
Daisy is a costume color.

So yeah, looking at the options I can see Petey being an interesting character. I wouldn't be too crushed if he didn't appear, but I would be very excited to see him in the game!

Tanea

Smash Ace

actually he is my second i rather see birdo first then petey

Dokuro

Smash Ace
meh...Petey Piranha is a terrible character, a character that did not deserve to be in more than one game, though since he's in more than one game now for whatever reason, he has a valid enough reason to be in brawl [ugh]...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
For some reason, the starting post seemed a little too immature for me.

I don't agree with Petey being in the game, but its possible, not saying its impossible.

I'll be surprised/disappointed if hes put in besides an AT or something.

-Onyx

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
If Petey's in, Geno and DKJR and Bowser JR should be in with him. He'd add a nice bit of uniqueness, but he's no more deserving than the ones I listed.

Shuma

Smash Hero
*googles petey piranha*

*discovers petey is a plant*

Waluigi has more chances of being in Brawl than a plant.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
*googles petey piranha*

*discovers petey is a plant*

You obviously havn't played Super Mario Sunshine. Waluigi could never have anymore chance than Petey. You seen him on the poll?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Walugi definitely has more chance than Petey. he's a ****ing piranha plant.
So? His character and moveset could add pretty good diversity. He's been in canon mario game sof the series, such as Sunshine, the Superstar Saga. Sakurai likes to pick forgotten characters, remember Pit?

Fawriel

Smash Master
...forgotten?
I think Petey's one of those characters most people are desperately trying to forget.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Personally,
1. Geno
2. Petey
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Waluigi

(if Diddy counts he'd be number 1)

Geno is the essence of awesome. He’d make for an outstanding unlockable, hopefully in a really cool manner. I could see him flying down from Star Road and helping you in Adventure mode, then fighting you after for his unlocking.

Petey is a plant, which is why he’s unique. I enjoy heavy weights and his flight and other diverse moves (tornados, slime) could make for a moveset that could actually defeat faster characters once and a while. He’s been in so many games as an actual boss that he does seem to at least pose as a contender.

Bowser Jr. is kind of meh to me. I’ll accept him if he’s in, as he could have a good moveset with that paint brush.

Waluigi is on top 4 Mario chars only because it would be awesome to do 2 vs 2 Mario and Luigi vs Wario and Waluigi. Other than that Waluigi is a crappy filler who has never even been a boss (unless you count that dance game)

All other Mario characters are irrelevant. Toad isn’t exactly interesting. Daisy has been reduced to a filler for the last million years. Birdo would be fun to play as, but not important enough to be made a character. Wart got hurt so bad in Mario 2, that he took residence in a Zelda game, my guess is he will stay there forever. The Baby Characters are not the Brawl type. I don't want to beat babies. burn babies, swallow babies, shoot babies, throw babies, ice babies, rocket launcher babies, egg babies... I could go on

If he did make it he would be a Secret character.
most definitely, he'd be unlockable after you fight him in Adventure mode I'll bet.

For some reason, the starting post seemed a little too immature for me.
So sorry, but really, at least I'm more creative than the usual post...

Here's a character! No opinion at all!
Discuss!
see ivysaur

Oh and Petey has been in more games than Waluigi.
I'll even repeat myself
Petey Piranha
Super Mario Sunshine(boss), Super Princess Peach(boss), Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time(boss), New Super Mario Bros.(boss), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour(filler), Mario Kart: Double Dash!!(filler), Mario Power Tennis(filler), Mario Superstar Baseball(filler), Mario Basketball (cameo), Mario Strikers Charged(filler), Mario Pinball Land(boss), and Super Mario Galaxy(boss)
Boss 6, 5 Filler

Waluigi
Mario Tennis(filler), Mario Tennis: Power Tour(filler), Mario Party 3-up(filler), Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix(boss), Mario Striker's Charged(filler)
1 Boss, 4 Filler
A dance game. Waluigi has only been a boss in a dance game.

jambre

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps he could be a luigified yoshi/bowser type?

up b could be gunk spit instead of yoshi's egg though controlled similarly

down b could be similar to the ground pound but maybe more like bowsers than yoshi's

neutral b could be like flames but his puking gunk instead

forward b could be some sort of tornado attack which acts like a boomerang? (using tornadoes like n64 would be unbalanced i think)

the way he flys with his wings is similar to when yoshi uses his feet i think

i know this isnt really anything new but it means it wouldnt be such a hard character to make

Top Bottom