• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Zeus guy would kick both their *****. But I would rather have Goomba over Petey too.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
xianfeng I agree completely with your rant

However your sig I don't agree with.

Ill retract slightly from my last post, and say that if forced, between Daisy and Petey Pirahna, I'd rather see Petey in Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
commonyoshi said:
Hah. I just cant imagine a good moveset for an ugly plant. No Petey. If someone can show me one, I'll gladly change my mind.
Altough I dont like Petey I can imagine a good moveset for him. I'll just post some B move possibilities since Petey isn't worthy enough for making a totall moveset.

Petey would have very much strenght, he's very big and would be a tad heavier then DK but still below Bowser. He cant jump very high but he has a Peach like recovery. Petey would also have alot of afterward lag on his moves.

Here it is:

B: Sludge Spew. Petey spits out the slime from Mario Sunshine. Works a bit like Bowser's flame, except its more powerful, and will hit only once. Has shorter reach then Bowsers full flame however.

>B: Headbut. Not like DK's headbut but something more like Yoshi's Fsmash. He used this move in Mario Sunshine when Mario tried to come close to him. It's very powerfull, it has long reach but its slow and has a lot of afterward lag.

^B: Plant Flight. Petey swaps his leafs and flies. Works like Peach's parasol.

vB: Tornado. Petey creates two whirlwinds around himself. They protect both his sides and slowely move away from Petey. While the tornados are still there Petey can't move, however if he's being attacked he can. When you are caught up in a tornado you'll get send upward.

Still however I like his moveset Petey is just waaay too gay for Smash. Besides we already have Bowser as the Mario enemy.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
McFox pretty much emphised why Petey should be avoid as a playable character and the only thing I can add about him other than, he wears a diaper and craps out of his mouth at you, is he also makes noises that sound like someone's trying to strangle a walrus. Do you really want THAT for a playable character? :laugh:

Heck, he's even out of place in New Super Mario. What in the world makes you think that you should be fighting a giant pirahna plant in an ICE WORLD?

Even E. Gadd is a better choice than this thing.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Then again, what in the world makes the Mario Kart DS Donkey Kong course all filled with snow?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That's his weak spot. You can hit it for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

But seriously, that's why he's called NAVAL Piranha. Because "naval" is another word for "bellybutton."

Oh yeah, and Naval Piranha kicks ***.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
commonyoshi said:
The second ne looks like it has an outie belly button... I hate Petey and all his relatives forever now.
that's what petey was based off you know how when you fill him up with water that outey belly button comes out to play and shows just how much of a naval plant knock off he is

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You're right. Naval Piranha on fire = yes.

Come to think of it, Petey Piranha on fire = yes too, but for different reasons.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
McFox said:
You're right. Naval Piranha on fire = yes.

Come to think of it, Petey Piranha on fire = yes too, but for different reasons.
hahaha that's a good idea, and a good reason to put him in SSBB fire flowers! But there are just too many reasons against him for him to actually be in there.

off topic: McFox JoshCube from Smash Brothers Online is selling/giving away his site and forum if your intrested in it just go onto his forums or contact him and ask he'll proberly just give it to someone

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I really hope Petey's in it, considering he's one of my favorite Mario characters. He actually may not be that slow because it seems to me that in Mario Superstar Baseball, he runs bases faster than anyone else. Plus he can run after the ball pretty good. Plus, he could possibly flutter in the air for awhile.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Meta-Knight said:
I really hope Petey's in it, considering he's one of my favorite Mario characters. He actually may not be that slow because it seems to me that in Mario Superstar Baseball, he runs bases faster than anyone else. Plus he can run after the ball pretty good. Plus, he could possibly flutter in the air for awhile.
It only SEEMS like that. But he's really very slow with those sticks he calls legs. And besides, I don't mind if people hate Petey. I'm only irritated by people hating him as if he was a mass murderer.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
In Double Dash, I hardly used Petey Piranha even though he got to use all the Specials because he is a horrible character. I don't see why some people like him so much.. and he doesn't fit Brawl unless he's just part of the stage and just a normal old piranha plant.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
GreenKirby said:
I'm only irritated by people hating him as if he was a mass murderer.
We hate him because Nintendo seems to push him even if he is a lame character. He cant talk, doesn't have personality. He doesn't even have a real face and he's been in so many games, including DD, the sports games, and maybe mario party. He just isn't a very likable character and having him in so many games is annoying.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
DokturSea said:
Finally someone not acting like Petey killed and ***** their entire family. Like really guys, it's a freakin' video game character. I find it a little immature for you to "****ing hate his ****ing guts" when he doesn't exsist.
Wow, you really didn't read my first post in this topic, did you? I don't hate him, I don't like him, but I don't hate him. I gave a constructive respective opinion as to why he should not be in this game. Apparently if someone slightly insults him to your eyes, you consider it a hateful post. Grow up, man.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't like Petey, but he has a somewhat good chance appearing in other games as playable characters. However, I'd rather see Petey over Waluigi or Daisy (and I like using waluigi)

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
We hate him because Nintendo seems to push him even if he is a lame character. He cant talk, doesn't have personality. He doesn't even have a real face and he's been in so many games, including DD, the sports games, and maybe mario party. He just isn't a very likable character and having him in so many games is annoying.
QFT

-SMB

BlindSideChaos

Smash Rookie
I hate Petey Pirahna so much.

So so much.

He vomits on people and wears a polka-dotted diaper!

Lame.
LMFAO its so true. but he is pretty original, and would change things up a bit. sorry for bein so late on that quote also. i was floatin around the boards nd checked this one out, and what you said was hilarious

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Petey Piranha should make more appearances in more games! HE SHALL RULE THE EARTH WITH HIS PIRANHACITY!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
zomg EXACTLY! I am vehemently pro-Toad, so for Toad to occasionally get the sidelines in place of this weed (i.e. Toadstool Tour, MARIO EFFING POWER TENNIS...Smash had better not be next) is beyond annoying. And it really has a lot to do with Nintendo. They keep forcing him upon us, even though we say no. So in a way, Nintendo has ***** us with Petey Piranha. :lick:

Black/Light

Smash Master
zomg EXACTLY! I am vehemently pro-Toad, so for Toad to occasionally get the sidelines in place of this weed (i.e. Toadstool Tour, MARIO EFFING POWER TENNIS...Smash had better not be next) is beyond annoying. And it really has a lot to do with Nintendo. They keep forcing him upon us, even though we say no. So in a way, Nintendo has ***** us with Petey Piranha. :lick:

LMAO, I agree with everything on this post. . . but not the Toad part.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Whilst most people over 10 may hate Petey because they are smart enough to see he is lame, most 10 year olds and under seem to love him because he is goofy and funny so that is why I think he has been shoved in our faces but Brawl isn't aimed for 10 year olds so hopefully he won't be there.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
he's not lame, or at least give reasons why he is lame...

my reason why he's not lame is that he'd be really fun to play as. All Bowser/DK heavy hitter fans would have a floaty, yet heavy char to play with a unigue moveset

It's not like Brawl is for hardcore bloody characters, most nintendo characters are goofy.

No, I don't think he's getting in. I just think he'd be fun if he did.

EDIT: I made the front page prettier. yes, i'm bored.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
he's not lame, or at least give reasons why he is lame...

my reason why he's not lame is that he'd be really fun to play as. All Bowser/DK heavy hitter fans would have a floaty, yet heavy char to play with a unigue moveset

It's not like Brawl is for hardcore bloody characters, most nintendo characters are goofy.

No, I don't think he's getting in. I just think he'd be fun if he did.

EDIT: I made the front page prettier. yes, i'm bored.
Oh he's lame alright. I mean c'mon, the creator of Petey must have been on some serious crack to have come up with something like that. Nah man, I just don't want him on Brawl. Period.

Top Bottom