• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
1.) Yet Giga Bowser wasn't playable (without AR)

2.) You can't make any assumptions just because we've heard Boss music for Ridley. We also can't assume anything about Petey yet.

We're just hoping that he never steps foot onto the character select screen.
But still, a steroid Bowser was a huge boss in Aventure Mode and they were srink him for multiplayer

And you should tell others that don't want him playable to make crappy assumptions either. :p

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Personal opinions don't count people.

Make a reason for why he won't be playable!

I think he will be a secret character, probably one of the last to be unlocked!
so you tell people to make reasons....and not just state opinions.....

an then, what do you do the very next sentence >_> *sigh*

he should not be playable, because in comparison to loads of other characters, he is nowhere near as important, or popular....>_> simple

Dilophosaurus Rex

Smash Cadet
I am totally for Petey being a playable character.

I've read this topic, and most people want Toad over Petey because he's "been with us longer". That's bull****. It doesn't matter how long Toad exists, he's not going to be playable in SSBB because he can't do a **** thing.

Petey Piranha on the other side, has lots of moves to his command. He can fly (Toad can't), he can vomit (Toad can't, only if he's eaten some bad food), he can create small tornado's (Toad can't), and he wears a red white-spotted speedo! (Toad doesn't)

I'd say, if any new Mario character will be put in Brawl as a playable one, it will be either Petey Piranha, Bowser Jr, or Waluigi. Waluigi is being ruled out pretty much, since he hasn't been in any story-related Mario game so far. If you think the Mario sports & party games have a story, they don't.

Now, i know Bowser Jr. played a bigger role in the Mario Sunshine story, but Petey's pretty much the only recent boss character who can make it into Brawl. I don't think that bosses like King Boo, Gooper Blooper, Mecha Bowser, Wiggler, and the Manta Shadow can make it into Brawl.

So, i'm totally for expansion of the Mario characters in Brawl with Petey Piranha, Bowser Jr, and Waluigi.

And DainBramaged, i think Petey is pretty popular, not only with the fans of Mario, but with Nintendo as well. Why else would he appear in lots of sports games as a playable character? In Mario Strikers Charged, he was made captain, not Toad.

Also, i can see Petey becoming a playable character in Mario Party 9. It's about time Petey made his entree there.

T-major

Smash Champion
PP is a boss,not a PC. Just wanted to clear that up.
why is that? if he has a full move set, animations and model, it's just a complete waste to not make him playable. this isn't Street Fighter you know... if he's just a boss character, maybe Ridley should just be a boss...

Edit: also, Bowser jr. should be in too. with his Paintbrush from Sunshine.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
so you tell people to make reasons....and not just state opinions.....

an then, what do you do the very next sentence >_> *sigh*

he should not be playable, because in comparison to loads of other characters, he is nowhere near as important, or popular....>_> simple
Go to previous pages, you'll see things like

"PP is not a PC people, he's a boss. Just clearing that up."

Where does it say PP is not playable?

And notice how I said

"I think PP will be playable, possible one of the last to be unlocked"

Notice how I said I think? And not "He will.."?

EDIT:

DainBramaged? The guy who argued so much about how PT was such and crap and rubbish idea? And how he'll never make it into Brawl? And that Pichu has a better chance of being in than him?

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I am totally for Petey being a playable character.

I've read this topic, and most people want Toad over Petey because he's "been with us longer". That's bull****. It doesn't matter how long Toad exists, he's not going to be playable in SSBB because he can't do a **** thing.

Petey Piranha on the other side, has lots of moves to his command. He can fly (Toad can't), he can vomit (Toad can't, only if he's eaten some bad food), he can create small tornado's (Toad can't), and he wears a red white-spotted speedo! (Toad doesn't)

I'd say, if any new Mario character will be put in Brawl as a playable one, it will be either Petey Piranha, Bowser Jr, or Waluigi. Waluigi is being ruled out pretty much, since he hasn't been in any story-related Mario game so far. If you think the Mario sports & party games have a story, they don't.

Now, i know Bowser Jr. played a bigger role in the Mario Sunshine story, but Petey's pretty much the only recent boss character who can make it into Brawl. I don't think that bosses like King Boo, Gooper Blooper, Mecha Bowser, Wiggler, and the Manta Shadow can make it into Brawl.

So, i'm totally for expansion of the Mario characters in Brawl with Petey Piranha, Bowser Jr, and Waluigi.

I'm with ya man!

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Go to previous pages, you'll see things like

"PP is not a PC people, he's a boss. Just clearing that up."

Where does it say PP is not playable?

And notice how I said

"I think PP will be playable, possible one of the last to be unlocked"

Notice how I said I think? And not "He will.."?

EDIT:

DainBramaged? The guy who argued so much about how PT was such and crap and rubbish idea? And how he'll never make it into Brawl? And that Pichu has a better chance of being in than him?
yeah, I know you said "I think".....and that's a "personal opinion"......which you clearly said right before that "don't count"...you totally contradicted yourself

and as for the PT thing, yes, I did argue about it, (before he was revealed) and I stand by everything I've ever said. I was arguing Red, a crazy idea, which people where posting movesets for etc, and my main argument was that he won't be a PC because why have him fight, when there are plenty of better pokemon who do that?

Then Sakurai reveals Red, so I was wrong about him being playable. But, I'm fine with this version of him. NOBODY EVER suggested Red be included like THAT, ( where he dosn't even fight, and just switches out pokemon) a way I'm perfectly fine with. NOBODY ever thought there could be a PC that can't even be touched, and technically, I was still half right. He may be a PC, but he still isn't "playable" the pokemon fight, not him >_>

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
yeah, I know you said "I think".....and that's a "personal opinion"......which you clearly said right before that "don't count"...you totally contradicted yourself

and as for the PT thing, yes, I did argue about it, (before he was revealed) and I stand by everything I've ever said. I was arguing Red, a crazy idea, which people where posting movesets for etc, and my main argument was that he won't be a PC because why have him fight, when there are plenty of better pokemon who do that?

Then Sakurai reveals Red, so I was wrong about him being playable. But, I'm fine with this version of him. NOBODY EVER suggested Red be included like THAT, ( where he dosn't even fight, and just switches out pokemon) a way I'm perfectly fine with. NOBODY ever thought there could be a PC that can't even be touched, and technically, I was still half right. He may be a PC, but he still isn't "playable" the pokemon fight, not him >_>
Read my whole post, people are stating their personal opinions as facts

I stated mine as a personal opinion.

That's why I said personal opinions don't count, as they are not facts.

Vali

Smash Ace

This is the internet, most people don't bother with "It's my opinion that.." or "I think that..." or "I think <this> means <that>". That doesn't mean that everyone who doesn't bother thinks that whatever they say is true, so infact most people aren't attempting to preach "facts" but instead are just stating their opinions like you.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace

I read your whole post, all 3 sentences of it. It says

Personal opinions don't count people.

Make a reason for why he won't be playable!

I think he will be a secret character, probably one of the last to be unlocked!
You say that personal opinions don't count....and that people should make reasons...

and then, right after that, you, yourself make a personal opinion without stating any reasons .......you bash others for doing something, and then do it yourself in the same post....it's contradicting

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I read your whole post, all 3 sentences of it. It says

You say that personal opinions don't count....and that people should make reasons...

and then, right after that, you, yourself make a personal opinion without stating any reasons .......you bash others for doing something, and then do it yourself in the same post....it's contradicting
What do you not understand about personal opions not being facts?

If someone says

"I think he will not be playable" fair enough.

But If they say:

"He will not be playable, just a boss."

Wrong! That is not fact!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Yeah? well i think Petey is ugly, and he';s tobig tobe in brawllol.
Lol, this is what I mean DainBramaged!

He stated it as his opinion. Not fact like other people did on previous posts.

It's not a good enough reason to why Petey wont be a PC though, seeing as though I think Fox looks like a Bulldog and Bowser was resized in Melee.

Those just countered his argument. No one has any good reasons to why Petey wont be playable, that can't be countered.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I think i might have a reasong of why he perhaps whon't be playable, the cages, if he fights Kirby with the Cages, is he also going to fight on VS mode with Peach and Zelda on the cages? I think not, but who knows?

I dislike Petey, but well he's better than Waluigi :p.

T-major

Smash Champion
Lol, this is what I mean DainBramaged!

He stated it as his opinion. Not fact like other people did on previous posts.

It's not a good enough reason to why Petey wont be a PC though, seeing as though I think Fox looks like a Bulldog and Bowser was resized in Melee.

Those just countered his argument. No one has any good reasons to why Petey wont be playable, that can't be countered.
if he doesn't have a full move-set he won't be playable. say, if he's like master hand, and just stays in one part of the screen and spits goop and what-not, and you have to dodge his attacks and attack him (with a stamina bar), then he's not a full character. then he won't be playable. if he has a full set of moves (like A attacks, air attacks, B moves, grabs, ect.), then theres no reason to not make him playable.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
In the second screens we got of the subspace emissary, we saw Fox fighting a Hammer Bros, which is an Assist Trophy. Doesn't seem too hard, take the assist torphies, give them some AI, 2 or 3 moves, and bam, you have a boss/enemy. Hell, maybe even an ally.

I say, Petey now has a chance to be an Assist Trophy.

Shuma

Smash Hero
What T-Major sayd.

But i still think it would look silly if he fought with the cages.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
No one has any good reasons to why Petey wont be playable, that can't be countered.
And no one has any good reasons to why Petey will be playable, that can't be countered. This argument goes nowhere.

Shuma

Smash Hero
The Petey for AT! Not a Boss Not a PC but something in between.... an Assit throphy dududuuuun!.

Somebody probably said this before me but... Even if he is a boss characters you guys will probably be able to play as him with Action Replay.... So yeah...

T-major

Smash Champion
What T-Major sayd.

But i still think it would look silly if he fought with the cages.
it would be silly, which is a problem. thats why I think Petey flies away with the cages, then you fight him without the cages later on. I think you either fight someone else at the stadium (probably the Primids), or no one at all and just escape from the bomb.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
What do you not understand about personal opions not being facts?

If someone says

But If they say:

Wrong! That is not fact!
What does THAT have to do with anything I just said :dizzy:

If someone says
and that's a personal opinion......which you said "don't count"

But If they say:

Wrong! That is not fact!
your right, It is not fact. Anybody speculating on how PP may be a boss,playable or AT does not have any facts about it yet......being as nobody knows what he will be.....all we can post is our personal opinions (and reasons why we think so)....hmmm

I want someone to explain to me why making Petey "just a boss" makes any sense, if he has a complete move set and animations.
Mabey he won't have a complete "controller compatible" moveset...like master/crazy hand....he might just have a handful of random moves.....if he DOES have an entire moveset , like other characters though....then I fear he will most likely be playable O_o

Edit~
And no one has any good reasons to why Petey will be playable, that can't be countered. This argument goes nowhere.
and that's kinda what I'm talking about, you didn't state your reasons (only a "non counting" personal opinion) why he should be a PC, right after telling others to prove why he can't be

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
What does THAT have to do with anything I just said :dizzy:

and that's a personal opinion......which you said "don't count"

your right, It is not fact. Anybody speculating on how PP may be a boss,playable or AT does not have any facts about it yet......being as nobody knows what he will be.....all we can post is our personal opinions (and reasons why we think so)....hmmm

Mabey he won't have a complete "controller compatible" moveset...like master/crazy hand....he might just have a handful of random moves.....if he DOES have an entire moveset , like other characters though....then I fear he will most likely be playable O_o
And your reasons for him not being playable are..?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
-Seems likely to be a boss
-Other characters have appeared in the Subspace screenshots, but don't seem to be playable (like Pelutina, or whatever her name is)
-He's honestly too big if he stays that size. Bowser has been confirmed to be the biggest fighter.
-Petey could be resized, but if so, why ISN'T he small to start with? Why would Sakurai make him huge in the movie clip only to have him shrink down to nearly Kirby's size for the fight.

AND. If characters were going to be their "actual" size outside of fights, then why isn't Kirby only 8 inches high?

Vali

Smash Ace
He's not important as say, Bowser Jr.? Who is a better candidate for a playable character in my opinion (what with paintbrush and things) and has starred in 2 main villain roles in the 2 latest proper Mario games. Bowser Jr. could easily tag team up with Bowser for the story final fights of Mario/Luigi/Peach in a sort of turtle-esque Master Hand + Crazy Hand tag team. I very very much doubt Petey will be the final boss for anyone in the storymode because he's not that important to anyone, he's just a regular recurring boss fight and that's probably all he'll ever be in the main games.

Edit: @Circus - Where has Bowser been confirmed as the biggest? Plus the size argument holds no weight since bosses can be scaled up, like Bowser was bigger at the end of adventure mode for Melee I'm pretty sure.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
I don't think he'll be a boss only...If he has a full moveset I'm almost sure Nintendo wouldn't just waste their time making him if you couldn't even play him. if he just has a few moves then I think the idea about him being an AT is really a feasible idea. But not a boss only.

I mean think about it. The bosses we've had before; master and crazy hands...they don't have full movesets and are just bosses. Honestly I don't even think they'd be that fun to play as. Giant DK and Metal Mario from SSB were just variations of the characters they were based on (different size, strength, weight). Giga Bowser was just a really big, strong and heavy Bowser with a few added affects to some of his attacks (ice to d-smash).

Personally with what we've seen before you can be sure that Petey is going to probably be either a playable character or an AT. I honestly think he'll be a playable character and just be bigger in adventure mode...kinda like Giant DK or Giga Bowser.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I think i might have a reasong of why he perhaps whon't be playable, the cages, if he fights Kirby with the Cages, is he also going to fight on VS mode with Peach and Zelda on the cages? I think not, but who knows?
um, petey isn't really... attached to the cages. He could just... set them down

Petey looks to have a fully fleshed out character design. It has way more detail than just a Hammer Bros. or Samuri Goroh, just look at him for a second!

Petey will probably be given a moveset of some sort. If it's a full moveset, there is no reason for him not to be playable at this point.

if he doesn't have a full move-set he won't be playable. say, if he's like master hand, and just stays in one part of the screen and spits goop and what-not, and you have to dodge his attacks and attack him (with a stamina bar), then he's not a full character. then he won't be playable. if he has a full set of moves (like A attacks, air attacks, B moves, grabs, ect.), then theres no reason to not make him playable.
Ok, become a game developer for a second. Would it be easier to just make Petey with the standard character coding, or create AI that follows a track. Consider the fact that Petey is not the same kind of character as Master Hand. When Petey gets hit, don't you think he would get pushed back? Making him like that makes little sense compared to just standerizing his AI with most other characters and enemies, consider the wire frames as well, at very least, he'll be like the wire frames

POST 400!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
He's not important as say, Bowser Jr.? Who is a better candidate for a playable character in my opinion (what with paintbrush and things) and has starred in 2 main villain roles in the 2 latest proper Mario games. Bowser Jr. could easily tag team up with Bowser for the story final fights of Mario/Luigi/Peach in a sort of turtle-esque Master Hand + Crazy Hand tag team. I very very much doubt Petey will be the final boss for anyone in the storymode because he's not that important to anyone, he's just a regular recurring boss fight and that's probably all he'll ever be in the main games.

Edit: @Circus - Where has Bowser been confirmed as the biggest? Plus the size argument holds no weight since bosses can be scaled up, like Bowser was bigger at the end of adventure mode for Melee I'm pretty sure.
About PT:

^^^^^^

............I don't get what your saying......that link is just his character Bio......it says ABSOLUTLY nothing on WHY he is important enough for brawl...or anything else I posted.....
"Not Important" isn't a good enough excuse, as we have already seen.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
-Seems likely to be a boss
-Other characters have appeared in the Subspace screenshots, but don't seem to be playable (like Pelutina, or whatever her name is)
-He's honestly too big if he stays that size. Bowser has been confirmed to be the biggest fighter.
-Petey could be resized, but if so, why ISN'T he small to start with? Why would Sakurai make him huge in the movie clip only to have him shrink down to nearly Kirby's size for the fight.

AND. If characters were going to be their "actual" size outside of fights, then why isn't Kirby only 8 inches high?

-Peach anyone?
-He'll probably be resized, like Bowser was
-Huge for Adventure mode (Like Bowser), Smaller on VS mode (Like Bowser)

-Didn't they resize Charizard too?

Revven

FrankerZ
And...there's the fact that the part he appears the camera is at an angle. Angles can make things seem bigger than they normally appear to be. We can't take that one picture as clear evidence of his size and weight, it's at an angle. And as I said before, angles for perspective purposes make things smaller/bigger than they appear to be.

So, there's that argument for how he could still be a PC and retain a good size.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Direct quote from Bowser character profile on the Dojo:

"The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!"

And yes, he did get bigger at the end of Melee, but he wasn't playable then (unless you Gameshark'd him or something). He got bigger and became a different character which wasn't even playable. I think that this is a rare case where the "He's too big!" argument actually holds some water.

Shuma

Smash Hero
oxyborb said:
um, petey isn't really... attached to the cages. He could just... set them down
Yeah i guess you're right.

oxyborb said:
Petey looks to have a fully fleshed out character design. It has way more detail than just a Hammer Bros. or Samuri Goroh, just look at him for a second!
Palautena.

oxyborb said:
Petey will probably be given a moveset of some sort. If it's a full moveset, there is no reason for him not to be playable at this point.
True.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
He has been a playable character in many recent games
He appears in Adventure mode as a unique character (Unlike the Primid), and it appears as though you can fight him.

There's two.
now, if only you posted that back when you were telling people to post reasons, and then didn't yourself, we would have never argued

as for why "posting my ideas" on why he shouldn't be playable.

he should not be playable, because in comparison to loads of other characters, he is nowhere near as important, or popular....>_>
I already did....my main argument was never concerning Petey though...just how you contradicted yourself

the only "facts" I can say is that after seeing Petey in the video clip is

A- they seem to have traded his extremely annoying whining noises for a real kicka$$ roar

B- He will be in Brawl one way or another, like it or not,.....and any way/shape/form may be possible
>_<

Top Bottom