• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
I hope that Petey is playable.. because if he is only for Boss reasons that means Sakurai and his team put the time in to create him (and he looks pretty good) and give him the ability to fight but not make him playable. So this would mean that Sakurai could do this for other wanted characters like Ridley =(

they did that for master hand in melee

Fawriel

Smash Master
Not to mention the crazy goat, gladiator ghosts, Hammer Bros..........................

But saying that about Ridley is kinda unsettling. =/

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Not even just Toad! Bowser Jr., the Koopalings, Wart, Birdo, Waluigi, et al ALL deserve the spot more than Petey. One would certain have to be more than a little inebriated to assert that Petey is more deserving than other Mario characters--or any characters in general. :dizzy:
Waluigi?

Um... I hate to argue with you but I have to disagree. Petey is more important then Waluigi. :ohwell: Waluigi hasn't appeared in a single non party game, while Petey has.

T-major

Smash Champion
Not even just Toad! Bowser Jr., the Koopalings, Wart, Birdo, Waluigi, et al ALL deserve the spot more than Petey. One would certain have to be more than a little inebriated to assert that Petey is more deserving than other Mario characters--or any characters in general. :dizzy:
this is a fact... how? I happen to think Petey is way more deserving then Wart, Birdo, and Waluigi combined. (but not more then Toad, or Bowser jr.). your entitled to your opinions, and if you hate Petey (for whatever reason) thats fine. but don't say stuff like "you have to be inebriated to want this character in Brawl", because whether or not you want a character in brawl is all based on opinion. I happen to think Petey is awesome! I find him to be original and interesting. I would LOVE for him to be playable, and would probably make him one of my mains. does this make me inebriated? no! does this mean I have a different opinion then you? yes!

Judging by the bomb exploding in the last screenshot, Kirby doesn't take down Petey. Were Petey his usual size (Bowser-ish), Kirby could have easily defeated him. Since Kirby loses, my guess is that he remains gigantic, and my hope is that he remains an NPC.
Petey and Kirby could have left the Stadium to escape the bomb, before they got a chance to finish there fight. Kirby might not even fight Petey yet, he might fly away with the princesses, then you fight those robot things (forgot what there called). then after a certant amount are defeated, you escape from the bomb.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
I can think of a couple ways that'll work:
1) You dont fight Petey, and instead leave right then. DOUBTING IT!
2) You fight Petey but noone wins. DOUBTING IT!
3) You take down Petey and save/dont save the princess. You escape and the bomb goes off.
4) The bomb just goes off when you run out of time. I'm guessing at a time battle between Petey and Kirby.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
If Sakurai going through the trouble to put the demented plant into Brawl, it is possible he is also at work on many other characters as well. Petty is in the beginning of the adventure mode, he's probably the first boss-like thing one encounters in this mode. Usually, the bosses get better and better right up to the final one. So Petty is likely in his rightful place, among the the lowest tier of villainy. Petty is in, and there is going to be more to come.

(obvious statement of the day :\ )

Shuma

Smash Hero
I bet Ganondorf or Bowser would be the end game bosses, Ridley should be one of the last bosses just like in the metroid games.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Man, petey was, I have to admit, one of the last guys I ever expected to see in Brawl. Still, I don't see anything wrong about it. He, of course, looks HUGE in the video, and he'll probably be that same size regularly. Obviously they're going along with their plan to make all the "big" characters even bigger in Brawl.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping that Petey is playable now, if only for the inevitable nerd rage that would come as a result. That would be a blast to watch.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they'd waste so much time coding Petey (assuming he's a boss) and not make him playable in some form. I doubt he'll be like master hand where he just floats there and cycles through different set attacks, so if they're going to code a complete character why not make him playable?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Not to mention the crazy goat, gladiator ghosts, Hammer Bros..........................

But saying that about Ridley is kinda unsettling. =/
Ridley: Integral to the series, main villain (arguably), heavily requested, wide fanbase
Petey: Relatively new to the series, occasional boss, not heavily requested, niche fanbase

Apples and oranges, my friend. Ridley has nothing to worry about--or at least not because of Petey. :)

Waluigi?

Um... I hate to argue with you but I have to disagree. Petey is more important then Waluigi. :ohwell: Waluigi hasn't appeared in a single non party game, while Petey has.
Meh, I just like Waluigi better. :chuckle: Really, though, he's a lot funnier than an overgrown flytrap. How can you say no to crotch chops?

(Note to rAt [if he's reading]: I really meant "crotch" there! ;) )

this is a fact... how? I happen to think Petey is way more deserving then Wart, Birdo, and Waluigi combined. (but not more then Toad, or Bowser jr.). your entitled to your opinions, and if you hate Petey (for whatever reason) thats fine. but don't say stuff like "you have to be inebriated to want this character in Brawl", because whether or not you want a character in brawl is all based on opinion. I happen to think Petey is awesome! I find him to be original and interesting. I would LOVE for him to be playable, and would probably make him one of my mains. does this make me inebriated? no! does this mean I have a different opinion then you? yes!

Petey and Kirby could have left the Stadium to escape the bomb, before they got a chance to finish there fight. Kirby might not even fight Petey yet, he might fly away with the princesses, then you fight those robot things (forgot what there called). then after a certant amount are defeated, you escape from the bomb.
lol I feel bad because I know it comes off as though I hate Petey fans, but I don't. I just REALLY hate Petey Piranha. :chuckle: Agree to disagree?

Your theory is plausible. The following picture corroborates your idea about fighting the Primid:

On the other hand, Petey's roar seems less like a preparation to fly off and more like an act of pre-fight intimidation. Of course, Sakurai's update always leaves us with more questions than answers. :dizzy:

Darkurai

Smash Master
Compare the two different movies from the site. Note that they don't seem to directly link together. It looks like a battle with the Primid might fit in between them.
The end of this movie may be initiating a fight against Petey.

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
Petey's awesome. I think hes a character with a lot of potential. I know it's hard to base someones personality off of one game (especially Strikers Charged), but COME ON. He was the Jamaican bad *** in that game! Complete with sick island music, a cool guy walk (which only petey could pull off because of his leaves), and he limboes!! Who doesnt like a Jamaican, limboing, puking, flower?!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Who doesnt like a Jamaican, limboing, puking, flower?!
Me.

He's such a waste of space and time, he better not be playable... Still, since I hate him so much I'll get some amusement out of defeating him with Kirby, I'm sure. ^_^

JPTight

Smash Cadet
Maybe petey was transformed and when u play his story mode it takes place at an earlier time? Some matches in melee u fought against giant characters. maybe thats all it is. Like "Kirby Vs. Giant Petey" or something. Buty yeah I'd rather be Toad.

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
I never knew so many people hated Jamiacan flowers. :p

I just think it be kinda cool to see Sakurai mold a cool personality for him like Strikers.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Petey haters, look at it this way: If we have one minor boss in the game, than we WILL have Ridley in.

Ridley haters, look at it this way: Nobody likes you.

T-major

Smash Champion
Me.

He's such a waste of space and time,
how so? I seriously don't understand what people have againced such an awesome character. he's original, would have interesting moves, looks totally awesome, goofy personality (in the Mario games)... I really just don't get why people think he's a waste of space and time, when he would one the the most interesting characters to play as.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Petey's awesome. I think hes a character with a lot of potential. I know it's hard to base someones personality off of one game (especially Strikers Charged), but COME ON. He was the Jamaican bad *** in that game! Complete with sick island music, a cool guy walk (which only petey could pull off because of his leaves), and he limboes!! Who doesnt like a Jamaican, limboing, puking, flower?!
Me neither, Diddy should've been the Jamaican guy... >_<

Anyways, why can't Petey just only be a boss character? Assist Thropies also are a lot of coding -atleast I think- so why can't there be non-playable bosses? Don't forget that Master Hand also had an almost complete moveset, and the Ancient Minister'll probarly have one too. Yes, this will perhaps also mean that I won't get my beloved K.Rool, but hell I'd sacrefice him for the sake of not having Petey Piranha in the playable character's roster...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
how so? I seriously don't understand what people have againced such an awesome character. he's original, would have interesting moves, looks totally awesome, goofy personality (in the Mario games)... I really just don't get why people think he's a waste of space and time, when he would one the the most interesting characters to play as.
I just think that if Toad can't be playable then neither should he.

It would be total injustice to have Petey playable over Toad, if he's just a boss character I'm fine with it.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
peteys alright he looks way better in that new vid, but i see him being a boss and not a playable character but u never know

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Dude.... Toad is... Probly not gonna be in Brawl. Peach already uses him as an attack, so I can't see him as anything more than an AT. Sorry.
Dude... I've faced the facts.

Which is why I'm so against Petey being in the game. It's not fair that Toad will not be playable, but Petey is. I just hope he stays as a boss and nothing more.

Darkurai

Smash Master

Anyways, why can't Petey just only be a boss character? Assist Thropies also are a lot of coding -atleast I think- so why can't there be non-playable bosses? Don't forget that Master Hand also had an almost complete moveset, and the Ancient Minister'll probarly have one too. Yes, this will perhaps also mean that I won't get my beloved K.Rool, but hell I'd sacrefice him for the sake of not having Petey Piranha in the playable character's roster...
You people forget, if they're programmed in, Hax can make them playable.

T-major

Smash Champion

Anyways, why can't Petey just only be a boss character? because it's a stupid idea to make full animations and moves for a character, then not make him playable. this isn't Street Fighter! Assist Thropies also are a lot of coding -atleast I think- so why can't there be non-playable bosses? see above Don't forget that Master Hand also had an almost complete moveset, no he didn't. he had no walking animation, no A type attacks, moves were to big what with the flying in from the background... not playable character material and the Ancient Minister'll probarly have one too. yeah, but probably not a full one. Yes, this will perhaps also mean that I won't get my beloved K.Rool, but hell I'd sacrefice him for the sake of not having Petey Piranha in the playable character's roster... thats a pretty stupid way of looking at things, they could both easily be playable. if you don't like petey you can, you know... not use him...
Ten characters

jambre

Smash Apprentice
guys stop arguing, we all know petey has some unknown unquestionable reason to be in EVERY single mario related game since sunshine

Top Bottom