• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
...forgotten?
I think Petey's one of those characters most people are desperately trying to forget.
XD

Well I liked fighting him in SMS, I was one of the few people that actually enjoyed that game. -_- I just don't see him as a playable character, an AT maybe. However seeing a more important character, Toad, still being Peach's shield makes me wonder if Sakurai's going to add ANY Mario characters? I'd say Bowser Jr. would be in before Petey, though.

Vali

Smash Ace
Isn't Petey an unlockable character in Mario Strikers Charged?
I doubt the majority of people playing Strikers will ever play Petey offline. I've unlocked him and not only is it hard, it's frustrating and unforgiving. The reward really doesn't justify the effort, considering he's just another power character (of which there is lots) and his special sucks when compared to DK's.

But he's there, and you can play as him online without unlocking.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I doubt the majority of people playing Strikers will ever play Petey offline. I've unlocked him and not only is it hard, it's frustrating and unforgiving. The reward really doesn't justify the effort, considering he's just another power character (of which there is lots) and his special sucks when compared to DK's.

Ahh... I see. Thanks for the info. I thought he was in Strikers, but I wasn't sure.

Oh, and err...
Petey for Brawl!!

(However unlikely)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Hmmm... well it seems the plant has a chance at least a slim chance, well, i'm not going to say he's not in, if he's in well, if not then i don't care either, so whatever.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204

you're kidding me, I pwned the Striker's cup no problem whatsoever. Maybe I'm just awesome but maybe...

Yeah, and Petey is fun to play as. His special means instant megastrike. His headbutt flies halfway across the screen, and when you defeat someone, he does the limbo while the best music in the game plays. It's total humiliation for the loser.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Say what you want about me people but really..I just don't like Petey. I just don't really want him in Brawl..Petey just seems kind of..unimportant. Like a generic villain. Petey not for Brawl.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
since my thread go closed imma gunna repost here.

heres a pic from the vid

now bowser alone

bowser compaired to pikachu.. a lil bigger then kirby

Donkey Kong Alone

Donkey Kong Holding zelda

i think petey if playable will be a bit smaller then in the trailer

ALSO the size of petey is from kirbys point of view.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Personally I don't care for Petey and I think he has as much personality as my elbow.

However, looking at him in the video I have to admit he somehow works and looks impressive and I'm glad he's part of the game. As for the PC debate...no one knows you cant say he's in / he's out. Yes he's bigger then my block of flats but who knows...maybe after you beat the bosses in the Subspace Emissary you may be able to play as them...

Donkey Kong Holding zelda
PS. How frign' huge is DK's hand. It's about as big as Link :laugh:

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Somehow I think Link paid a certian Ape an undisclosed amount of bananas just so he can see up Zelda's dress.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Say what you want about me people but really..I just don't like Petey. I just don't really want him in Brawl..Petey just seems kind of..unimportant. Like a generic villain. Petey not for Brawl.
Well too bad. He's in Brawl whether you like it or not. We don't know if he's playable or not, but Sakurai has him in the game and you can't do nothing about it. So just get over it.

I for one can't wait to fight this Boss, and take him Down lol.

I bet you'd probably feel better when you fight Petey and whoop his *** lol.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OH TYEAG I FEEL GOOD, dadadadadada da, I KNEW THAT I WOULD YEAH!

HAHAAHAHAHA

man, I didn't even think he'd make it as a trophie, now you at least get the chance to fight him. SWEET

yeah, and it’s a cut scene, it’s more for dramatic effect than actual gameplay

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still, there's no update on Petey even though he was shown. DK got even less screentime in the Nintendo E3 mini trailer, and yet got an update right away. Petey is not playable people. :)

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
hey, I'm not saying he's playable, I'm just glad he's in as something! it makes me feel less ******** for making this post in the first place

BUT THINK GUYS
Was Boswer not enlarged at the final boss of a certain mode in melee???

You mean he can shrink characters?!?

Let's think about this too... How did Sakurai reveal peach?

nah...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Bowser wasn't THAT big, but yes, Petey's size could in theory just be bloated for the story. (It's not a matter of perspective though, he's holding those two princesses in the air, and those two are kinda tall.)

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
Lol. Sorry, I just thought of the movie and laughed my *** off. I know I've never posted here . . .but I do find this topic amusing. I'll all for the Audrey II type.

Anyway, congrats on your choice getting in Smash--at least, as an enemy. Who knows? Maybe more? I'm sure that we could hack him out as playable, if push comes to shove. (GameShark FTW?)

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Also, they enjoy making the trailers more dramatic. I want Petey playable in Brawl, but I'm just glad he's making an awesome-looking boss. But seriously, He was in my top three list for Brawlers.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Yes! Petey's in the game!
It doesn't matter if he's playable! He's programmed in! Sooner or later a hack will come along, and we'll get to play as him!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Kentalicious
So Kirby's point of view makes his head look bigger then Zelda, Peach, and the cages holding them.

Diddy Kong
Still, there's no update on Petey even though he was shown. DK got even less screentime in the Nintendo E3 mini trailer, and yet got an update right away. Petey is not playable people.
There haven't been any updates since he was shown.

Darkurai
Yes! Petey's in the game!
It doesn't matter if he's playable! He's programmed in! Sooner or later a hack will come along, and we'll get to play as him!
Not against me, you won't. I don't play people who use hacks.

The best part about him being a boss is he's not a playable character, but you still get to beat the crap out of him.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
The best part about him being a boss is he's not a playable character, but you still get to beat the crap out of him.
You don't know that for sure. So, um, shut up. It seems like some people are just in denial.

I is love 4 artz

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
XD hes in brawl, i thought it was pretty funny when he came out of nowhere and kidnapped them. Im pretty sure he'll be a boss, not too sure if he will be playable =/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There haven't been any updates since he was shown.
Indeed, but the E3 mini trailer and Donkey Kong both got updated the same day. They could've easly done that with Petey too, seeing as he got far more screentime than DK in the E3 mini trailer.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
To those who say he can't be playable because he's a boss, look at two things:

1) Bowser was the final boss in Melee's adventure mode and he was beef way up back then

2) If bosses can't be playable then say goodbye to a playable Ridley because we heard his boss music already

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
To those who say he can't be playable because he's a boss, look at two things:

1) Bowser was the final boss in Melee's adventure mode and he was beef way up back then

2) If bosses can't be playable then say goodbye to a playable Ridley because we heard his boss music already
1.) Yet Giga Bowser wasn't playable (without AR)

2.) You can't make any assumptions just because we've heard Boss music for Ridley. We also can't assume anything about Petey yet.

We're just hoping that he never steps foot onto the character select screen.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Wow!

At first I thought he's just a boss!

But now, he could be playable people! They'll just make him HUGE in Adventure mode, and resise him like they do in every game he's playable in!

It's so going to own to play as Petey if you can!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
playable petey FTW!!!!!
and if sakurai is foolish enough to make him a mere boss character, at least we can play with him using action replay! yaaaaay action replay!!! :D

T-major

Smash Champion
dudes! let me tell ya, I really didn't care much for Petey; but after seeing him in the video (which was toitaly unexpected) I think he looks awesome and hope he's playable! I mean, there giving him a move-set and model and what-not, so it would just be a waste to not make him playable, am I right? every character with a full move-set and animations should be playable. end of story. thats just how smash should be!

Top Bottom