• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Blackadder

Smash Master
Best. Update. Ever.

You see the pic with Snake eating the food and saying "Hmmm... Tasty!"?
I quote that line from MGS3 every second day.

You have no idea how much I squeed when I saw that! :bee::laugh::bee::chuckle:

Huh? Oh yeah, the rest of the update was okay too.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
We finally get a generic "battle techs" update, but STILL nothing official on crawling. Did Sakurai put it in while he was drunk or something?

Also, I would assume "Ukemi" is a Japanese word. Does anyone know an approximate translation?
I'm assuming "Crawling" is actually in the manual.

And Ukemi's a Japanese term for a defensive roll.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Teching is "Ukemi," short-hopping is "small jumping," you can swim (how in the world did that not make it into the manual?), and you can eat food while lying down (I'm sure that's the new wavedashing).

gg, Sakurai.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Teching is "Ukemi," short-hopping is "small jumping," you can swim (how in the world did that not make it into the manual?), and you can eat food while lying down (I'm sure that's the new wavedashing).

gg, Sakurai.
I like how you skipped the other techs, the ones that actually MATTER.

And so it should. Let’s face it, it takes more skill to use a character’s full move set than to rely on the same attack over and over.

Eat it, Brawl haters.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
I like how you skipped the other techs, the ones that actually MATTER.

And so it should. Let’s face it, it takes more skill to use a character’s full move set than to rely on the same attack over and over.

Eat it, Brawl haters.
I don't get it. Are you agreeing with me, insulting me, or stating that spamming SHFFL'd Falcon Knees takes no skill, or something in between?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The "Reflectors breaking" thing was also in Melee, and something like this would not make the Black Hole Glitch impossible. But the Black Hole Glitch is likely not going to return, since glitches that drastic are not likely to reincarnate in a sequel.
And with "official" names for these techniques, do you think we (as in the regulars of SmashBoards) will use these terms? Probably not...as the "Shine" is clear proof of that (and we even knew about the name "Reflector" before it was ever called the Shine). I can see GameFAQs members doing so, though... LOL

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
The "Reflectors breaking" thing was also in Melee, is something like this would not make the Black Hole Glitch impossible. But the Black Hole Glitch is likely not going to return, since glitches that drastic are not likely to reincarnate in a sequel.
that glitch was never useful at any time in the game that mattered... it takes 4 co-operative people to do it...

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I kind of found odd was the fact that Sakurai acknowledged all of these techniques. The whole stale-combo thing we discovered earlier, right?

I just found it neat that I already knew about it. :)

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I like how a handful of these techniques were already in Melee.
I definitely noticed Stale-Move Negation and Reflector Breaking
Specifically when doing grapple attacks.
"3%, 2%, 1%??"
And that's when I started only doing one grapple attack before throwing.

But where's the reflecting things with your shield??

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Which makes me wonder why it's called Teching.
Ukemi is used in several fighting games to describe similar actions. Why tech?
Why wasn't it just Ukemi from the beginning?

courte

Smash Lord
did smash call it tech or did we call it tech?? they mean the same thing don't they

also i guess they've change the perfect shield slightly allowing for a chance to strike and so that i could say this...

OMFG THEY GOT 3rd STRIKE IN MY SMASH!! Parries

everyone prepare to get diago'd when you thought that zero laser would win you the game... lol j/k

did smash call it tech or did we call it tech?? they mean the same thing don't they

also i guess they've change the perfect shield slightly allowing for a chance to strike and so that i could say this...

OMFG THEY GOT 3rd STRIKE IN MY SMASH!! Parries

everyone prepare to get diago'd when you thought that zero laser would win you the game... lol j/k

Lol XD

So what would be the Brawl equivilant to a jump in HK >c.MK >S.Shoryu >Shippu?

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
I think Sakurai is gonna reveal all of the 'unlockable veterans' like Falco, Jiggly and Falcon before he shows any unlockable newcomers like Lucario and Wolf.

I want Luigi!

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
in todays updatye i was totally waiting for sakurai to say..." advanced gamers made techniques called l-cacelling and wavedashing.... these can no longer be implemented" or something like that... but he didn't

these are the types of updates he should have gave before brawl was released.... with that said can't wait for tonights

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I like that wavedashing's out, could never use it in heated battles... but l-cancelling? I liked that :(

Also, can't help but notice that Peach's no.1 fan there has 1337 posts.

EDIT: Awww, you ruined it.

My predictions... either items (pokemon), or a character update...
so what's wrong with that i love peachy

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
The only Mario stage we don't have is the Mario Bros. stage (right?)... and I think it'll be a while before that gets revealed. Probably going to be a Pokeball update.
Wow. Look how wrong I turned out to be. Sad thing is, this isn't the first time it's happened to me, either.

so what's wrong with that i love peachy
Nothing wrong with it. I was just too lazy to check to see what your name was.

Top Bottom