• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Wait, so does this mean that we will be getting more than one stage for about half of the series like we did in Melee at the beginning?

That'd make for a lot of starting stages.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I wasn't expecting this :O Guess even Sakurai can't ignore the popularity of the games over here

And hey, no lava!

Mother music is awesome by default.

Blue X

Smash Cadet
Nice. A Metroid Prime stage and Porky's theme. This is shaping up to look like a pretty good week so far. :3

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I would LOVE some MOTHER music, especially something from M3.
Ahh, my prediction skillz have returned to me! And what a joyous feeling it is to be greeted with M3 music. It sounds exactly like the MOTHER 3i CD, but that's not a bad thing. I'm just crossing my fingers that we get plenty more of it! :bigthumbu

Dither

Smash Apprentice
A metroid level without lava? Gasp!

And I find it interesting how this level has the boss as a background, but when Ridley was mentioned as a boss in Norfair, he was nowhere in sight...

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Oh my. A Prime stage? Color me surprised!

I had been expecting Ceres station, but Metroid Prime deserves some love. The Parasite Queen theme isnt shabby either

Music isnt great but its not bad.

Fernie812

Smash Cadet
YES! BEST UPDATE IN A WHILE! WHEEE!
Okay, now that I got that out of my system, this was the best update in a long time for a number of reasons. A) MOTHER MUSIC of which I am a fan.
B) METROID PRIME REPRESENTATION!
and C) I bet my friend that it would be a music update. :D

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Oh man, I can just imagine this new stage being more frantic than it looks in the pictures. The lights will flash on and off, the Parasite Queen will be screaming and squirming, and the stage is gonna flip and flip like crazy! But, what'll happen to Pokemon Trainer? Oh, the mystery.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Oh man, I can just imagine this new stage being more frantic than it looks in the pictures. The lights will flash on and off, the Parasite Queen will be screaming and squirming, and the stage is gonna flip and flip like crazy! But, what'll happen to Pokemon Trainer? Oh, the mystery.
That's always everyone's question. lol. Maybe he'll have A Pidgeotto with him?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ha ha!! It's not a character update but it's kind of pretty cool. And it's from Metroid Prime so that gives us Dark Samus some hope. Do I see me playing as her in the near future? Like **** I do!

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Ha ha!! It's not a character update but it's kind of pretty cool. And it's from Metroid Prime so that gives us Dark Samus some hope. Do I see me playing as her in the near future? Like **** I do!
It proved that he's willing to add stuff from that series. Maybe we'll get some great Metroid Prime music too, and Dark Samus as an AT.

I wait for someone to say 'This helps the chance of Ness'.
How?

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Ohhh.. very cool update. Makes up for the lame couple of weeks we've been having.

I hope this gives Ridely/ Dark Samus/ both more of a chance.

I also think Porky is gonna be a boss.

Captain Falcon..soon..please.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Good cop Bad cop time!

Good: Yay for Prime representation! I wasn't really expecting it to get much of a nod outside of trophies and such.

Bad: Boo for Prime 1 representation. Seriously, is this the best they could come up with? The boss from the first 10 minutes of the first game? Out of three epic games - one containing a parallel universe and one containing a planet MADE OUT OF PHAZON - this is what they come up with?

Good: Yay for Mother music. I haven't been disappointed by a music update in a while, so this of course wins me over.

Bad: Boo for Mother music that was reportedly just imported in from an official Mother 3 soundtrack.

Good: Yay for double update.

Bad: I have no counter to the former. Double updates are win. Double the win for not including a game mode as one part.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm glad we got some mother music, but there are soooo many better options to choose from. Also, Snowman's theme needs to be in brawl. It's been in every mother game (IDk about mother 3 though).

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Er... Okay then...

The song we were treated to today did nothing short of confuse me... It sounded like it was trying to be march-like, but I'm lost as to what it's inner-meaning is. It might be because I'm not a huge Earthbound fan. But whatever.

The stage is pretty neat, though dull looking. And if Sakurai is regarding Metroid Prime now, then for sure he's kept in mind Metroid Prime's size for Ridley. As in, too big for words. As in, not playable. Yessssss~

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
That's always everyone's question. lol. Maybe he'll have A Pidgeotto with him?
What is the Pokemon Trainer going to do? I mean seriously, this is going to be crazy... Seeing a guy in the background trying to issue commands while dodging the Parasite Queen. Funny, but... No, just funny.

Top Bottom