• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
i dont know, maybe jus decoration or something like that? what i was talking with my frend the other day is about, this guy is gonna be broken, three characters in one, i wish none of those three pokemons to be broken at this game, i just wish Xp

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
The stage is pretty neat, though dull looking. And if Sakurai is regarding Metroid Prime now, then for sure he's kept in mind Metroid Prime's size for Ridley. As in, too big for words. As in, not playable. Yessssss~
And if Sakurai is regarding Sunshine now, then for sure he's kept in mind Sunshine's size for Bowser. As in, too big for words. As in... Wait.

courte

Smash Lord
and to think i was gonna suggest the space station from super metroid as a stage what was i thinking?!

PBalfredo

Smash Rookie
Er... Okay then...

The song we were treated to today did nothing short of confuse me... It sounded like it was trying to be march-like, but I'm lost as to what it's inner-meaning is. It might be because I'm not a huge Earthbound fan. But whatever.
Massive Mother 3 spoilers

The music is the anthem of the pigmask army and the deal with them is they appeared out of nowhere in the sleepy village of Tatsumairi with the purpose of making everything "better". They started "enhancing" the local wildlife with robot parts, and introduce TV-like Happiness Boxes to the peaceful low-tech village. Eventually the village looses it's way and grows into New Pork City, a place of glitz and glamor but no substance. Behind the scenes the land is polluted and people live in grimy little apartments, but it continues to be the crown jewel of the pigmask army and Porky's personal amusement park.

The Pigmask's Anthem is a brassy and bombastic theme that the Pigmask army blares out of their speakers everywhere they go. It conveys their arrogance as they march across Nowhere Island, making "better", in which better is what they say it is.

Also, it's the theme that plays whenever Claus, Lucas' lost twin brother, appears as the Masked Man. Claus dies early in the game, but is remade with robot parts by the Pigmask Army as their soulless general. Not only is the theme song meant to be threatening when you see the Masked Man appear, ready for battle, but it also implies that Claus is property of the Pigmask army, stamped and numbered.

JPW

Smash Ace
i kind of like the stage. I like how it flips over.

I don't think we've had one like this. Plus the darkness kind of makes it look cool and different.... this could be a favourite of mine.

I didn't really like the song, but this stage looks cool and I can't wait to set up some duels here.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
haha,finally we've got a metroid prime stage! now i an expecting dark aether from MP2 =)

and i think the music was great.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Nice lighting. Hooray for not lava!

Uhh...I'm sticking with a How to Play Update tomorrow.

Or a nice Game Mode entry called "Unlocking Characters".

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I do hope tommorow is Captain Falcon. Showing that Samurai Goroh is in the game as an AT like 4 months ago but never showing Captain Falcon is getting me worried.
NO! I will continue to believe. SHOW ME YOUR MOVES SAKURAI!

Well either Captain Falcon or pratcially any other character would rule.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I do hope tommorow is Captain Falcon. Showing that Samurai Goroh is in the game as an AT like 4 months ago but never showing Captain Falcon is getting me worried.
NO! I will continue to believe. SHOW ME YOUR MOVES SAKURAI!

Well either Captain Falcon or pratcially any other character would rule.
Didn't you hear? Capt. Falcon will be replaced with Black Shadow. :laugh: Lmao.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I say Falcon will NOT be posted until after the JP release. Same with anyone else who's ever been a secret character/will be a non-3rdparty secret character.

Two stages within four days? Is that some kind of record? I say that whatever we get tonight, it will be good (crosses fingers for a character)

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hoping they confirm the ability to play songs on stages from your SD card this week. I have a feeling we won't get that until january though...

Another prediction I'd say is either swimming or crawling will be explained in detail sometime this week.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping they confirm the ability to play songs on stages from your SD card this week. I have a feeling we won't get that until january though...
I kind of hope they don't give us that option just because the idea of kids playing Smash to f-bomb spamming rap music makes me want to kill a small puppy.

Last night's update was pretty great, so I'm not counting on tonight being too good. Either a red or blue update?

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I kind of hope they don't give us that option just because the idea of kids playing Smash to f-bomb spamming rap music makes me want to kill a small puppy.

Last night's update was pretty great, so I'm not counting on tonight being too good. Either a red or blue update?
I agree with you on the music thing. But, the last several updates have been good, so here's hoping for more of that tonight.

Repryx

Smash Champion

what about F-Bomb spamming Rock?

(Id put all my FF7 and megaman and VIOLENCE INSTRUMENTALS in it)

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice

Well I wouldn't mind the rappers, as long as they don't find a way to hook up their wii to their car, then proceed to blast the game through their ridiculously large speakers, with 50 cent rapping about lollipops while you hear princess peach going "ha-cha!" every verse...

other than that, this option would be nice, so that I could play a few classic nintendo songs on stages that don't have those songs.

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.

True but think of listening to bananaphone while diddy throws banana peels... lol

KingKraken

Smash Journeyman
Ok, this isn't tonight's prediction, but one to come, with a bit of info to support it. AGAIN, IT'S JUST AN OPINION.

If you look in today's music update (Mother: Porky’s Theme) you will see that Sakurai states "It’s one of the songs representative of Mother 3." He says it represents Mother 3, not the Mother series as a whole. This COULD both confirm and "deconfirm" a lot of things.

First of all, if it only represents Mother 3, sorry, Ness is out. Hell, even without this quote, he's out. Sorry.

Secondly, this quote could also bring further representation of other Mother 3 Characters, Items, and Stages. Personally, I would like to see Kumatora, Flint, or Claus as playable characters. Any agrees or disagrees? Tell me if I should post this in another thread, or make an entirely new thread.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Ok, this isn't tonight's prediction, but one to come, with a bit of info to support it. AGAIN, IT'S JUST AN OPINION.

If you look in today's music update (Mother: Porky’s Theme) you will see that Sakurai states "It’s one of the songs representative of Mother 3." He says it represents Mother 3, not the Mother series as a whole. This COULD both confirm and "deconfirm" a lot of things.

First of all, if it only represents Mother 3, sorry, Ness is out. Hell, even without this quote, he's out. Sorry.

Secondly, this quote could also bring further representation of other Mother 3 Characters, Items, and Stages. Personally, I would like to see Kumatora, Flint, or Claus as playable characters. Any agrees or disagrees? Tell me if I should post this in another thread, or make an entirely new thread.
There's already a Claus thead, and yeah, we realize Ness is out. I don't know though, you guys are looking too much into what Sakurai said. He said it's one of the songs representative of Mother 3 because that's the only game it appears in. He can't well say that the Delfino Plaza theme is representative of New Super Mario Bros., right?

KingKraken

Smash Journeyman
There's already a Claus thead, and yeah, we realize Ness is out. I don't know though, you guys are looking too much into what Sakurai said. He said it's one of the songs representative of Mother 3 because that's the only game it appears in. He can't well say that the Delfino Plaza theme is representative of New Super Mario Bros., right?
That is true, but I always have Wishful Thinking...:dizzy:

<------ mother fanboy

Sage of Pwnage

Smash Apprentice
hm well i think we wont see another stage for a while so i say we will see some kind of character update like move sets or a final smash. There could be a how to play thing with swimming (which i could care less about) never count out an item or a pokemon.

Top Bottom