• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
yeah I think thats all the characters will be getting with maybe the exception of one new comer to feel in the emty spot and my geuss is they will wait intill Jan. to realease that.
Indeed. If they ever WILL show any more characters I'm betting it will be in January. Which is fine, because once Christmas break comes, I won't be as dependent on these updates. xD

I liked todays update though, making pretty much every mode co-op is pretty awesome (I won't doubt it if Classic will be co-op too). And thank God they got Coin Battle out of the way. *shiver*

KingKraken

Smash Journeyman
I think the only time Sakurai listens to peopel is if it has to do with characters. Otherwise coin mode wouldn't be in Brawl. I'll guess a "How To Play" update and a Music update for tomorrow.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
So much for everyone's confidence in their character updates the past two updates...I tried to tell you, but...no one listens.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
There will be no more character updates (and by that I'm including special moves and final smashes).
now thats not right, they maybe not revealing much characters till the release but no more red updates? i disagre with you sir.

my prediction for tomorrow? hummm......maybe a final smash or another game mode.
(sakurai ins't too hard to predict anymore)

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I just talked to the good Lord Satan and he told me that tonights update would be a lightning bolt, though, I honestly have no idea what that means.

I hope we get a character. namely Geno

but, then again, Satan has never lied to me...

worldjem7

Smash Ace
now thats not right, they maybe not revealing much characters till the release but no more red updates? i disagre with you sir.

my prediction for tomorrow? hummm......maybe a final smash or another game mode.
(sakurai ins't too hard to predict anymore)
Ok sorry, let me rephrase that:

There will be no more Character updates until the game is released in Japan.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
has there been a decent update on a tuesday?

I know that there were no characters ever revealed on tuesday.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Captain Falcon for tomorrow. This goes for every day of the week until he is revealed. Except weekends of course.

Sooner or later Captain Falcon will be revealed. Only a matter of time.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Hmmm...it's been a -really- long time since a Subspace video, but we just got a game mode, and we got 3 Item updates last week, so I want to say a FS or Special Moves update.

Leastwise, any stage we get will be totally new, same with any Subspace or Game Modes update, and we still don't know Zelda or Snake's FS..

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I don't subspace videos, only because it'll ruin the fun the first fun first time through

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
I'm starving for a Zelda update
if there is any character i want to be reveald, it would have
to be Captian Falcon besides the characters i want should be
unlockables and won't be revealed til around Jan. 24th

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
As long as its not a "how to turn on your options" update, i'm good. I've been liking the ones we've had for a bit now, stages, modes and such. Stages are the lowest form i'll take and smile about really...followed by modes, then CHARACTERS!!! Omg, we need character updates, PLEASE...

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Hopefully Geno, Isaac or Megaman tomorrow.
See, when people say this, I think they're being hopelessly optimistic. Sakurai is obviously shying away from new Character updates, so I'd rather be pleasantly surprised at being wrong than disappointed every day when I predict Captain Falcon every night for 5 weeks.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
See, when people say this, I think they're being hopelessly optimistic. Sakurai is obviously shying away from new Character updates, so I'd rather be pleasantly surprised at being wrong than disappointed every day when I predict Captain Falcon every night for 5 weeks.
Exactly so PLEASE stop expecting any more character updates. There won't be any more until it's released.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Exactly so PLEASE stop expecting any more character updates. There won't be any more until it's released.
I highly doubt that. Brawl comes out in just a wee bit over a month in Japan.

I'm willing to bet that Sakurai will be revealing a new character VERY soon. I figure he'll have the entire starting roster (if it isn't already shown by now) and some secret/unlockable characters by the time January 24th rolls around.

I say: Sheik soon. Maybe this week or next.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Red or blue update tonight? We're mildly overdue for either.

We just had a stage and an item update, which they actually pace themselves on. Though nothing can stop a game mode from coming around to ruin our night.

What else... music? Maybe later in the week.

I'd give a 5-day forecast but prediction is about impossible now, aside from the idea of every 1.5 updates being a game mode.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I'm being pessimistic for 3 reasons:

A) Sakurai has broken his pattern of at least 1 character update per week. This leads me to believe that he broke this pattern for a reason and does not plan on putting any more any time soon.

B) This giant stream of "Game Mode" and "Item" updates in combination with reason A) has lead me to believe that he's definitely NOT going for "How to Play" or "Characters" as much because the game is nearing its release in Japan.

C) Simply to save face. Like someone said here earlier, I'd rather hope for nothing and get something than hope for everything and get nothing. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than expecting something big only to find something small.

I think it would help everyone if they all lowered their expectations on the updates because there would be less disappointment.

TheLake

Smash Master
I think it would help everyone if they all lowered their expectations on the updates because there would be less disappointment.[/QUOTE said:
Oh believe me i think we all lowered are expectations a long time ago.

But some still believe that sakuri does still have a heart.

I am on of those few believers..

Character update ftw!! *screams*

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I think it would help everyone if they all lowered their expectations on the updates because there would be less disappointment.
Amen. I lowered my expectations weeks ago. I still make educated guesses, but rarely get excited over something big unless it's easy to predict it coming. Hoping for Ridley, MegaMan and Isaac is just foolish at this point.

I don't think that we're going to be characterless up until the japanese release, but I also don't think the drought will be ending for a few more weeks yet.

800th post!

king_neeso

Smash Apprentice
i would rather not knowing who else is in...just because it actually leaves suspense in the game. Nothing is better than out of the blue unlocking like megaman or to a lesser extent pac man. most people just want to know because they arent patient. if you stop wanting it so bad then thats when it will hit you...personally i would rather a demo of smash than any char conformation. sucks bein in australia....still months and months till the game :'(

Top Bottom