• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't get your hopes up people...Sakurai has given us almost 2 weeks worth of crappy, worthless updates now. It's been almost 4 weeks now since we've recieved a Newcomer, a couple months since we've seen a Veteran update, and 2-3 weeks since we've seen a stage. Sakurai has now found his inner dark side and is unleashing it upon all of us. Oh, and if he reveals an Assist Trophy tomorrow, I'll be pissed. Nobody really cares about them...I mean, why get all excited about a character you can't even play as? Meh.

Anyhoo...I'm hoping to God he actually surprises us tomorrow by giving us Ridley or something.

volbound1700

Smash Master
November, the month of nothing...

That has a ring to it when it comes to updates. This last month has been almost worthless. The hype for smash has died out. I find myself sometimes forgetting to check the updates now and not checking them until the afternoon or so.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I like the FS, I just don't understand when Sakurai says it doesn't help to boast any special strengths and he plays exactly the same.

Like... so is the only real improvement is that he can fly, multipunch, and shouldercheck? And you can't use his bike pretty much at all, depending on stage size.

Personally, I don't see this FS really blowing anyone away, but I hope Sakurai can prove me wrong by the time Brawl comes out.

EDIT:
It's still really cool though. I give it a :bigthumbu

Roy4theBrawl

Smash Cadet
Garlic

What's so bad about Wario's Final Smash. When the clocks counting down you have a motorbike kamikaze move!!

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
I like the FS, I just don't understand when Sakurai says it doesn't help to boast any special strengths and he plays exactly the same.

Like... so is the only real improvement is that he can fly, multipunch, and shouldercheck? And you can't use his bike pretty much at all, depending on stage size.

Personally, I don't see this FS really blowing anyone away, but I hope Sakurai can prove me wrong by the time Brawl comes out.

EDIT:
It's still really cool though. I give it a :bigthumbu
He's probably more powerful in general. I think this FS corresponds to Bowser's.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
He's probably more powerful in general. I think this FS corresponds to Bowser's.
Ok, so he'd have to be invincible, faster, stronger (in general), and have some of his attacks altered.
... All of which seem to be the case.

Know what would be great? Infinite Super Wafts for the duration!

... and so what if Wario looks gay? I don't get that one.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ok, so he'd have to be invincible, faster, stronger (in general), and have some of his attacks altered.

... and so what if Wario looks gay? I don't get that one. Let's just leave it "flamboyant".

volbound1700

Smash Master

... and so what if Wario looks gay? I don't get that one. Let's just leave it "flamboyant".
It is just that no one will take it very seriously and it will cut at brawl as a result. People will be like wtf is that thing... lol

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Wario looks dumb and homosexual on top of that. The guy looks like a child molester in that costume.
Dude, I love you. Hahaha.

Ummm... Falco400, that was pretty awesome, I have to say.

When it comes to Most Anticipated New Comer Characters, Sonic takes the cake.
This is how I bet the "Most Anticipated New Comer" race will fold out.

1st Place Sonic the Hedgehog!
2nd Place Krystal!
3rd Mega Man!
4th Geno! (But if not Geno, Ridley if at all Ridley)

Thats my take. It may just be my opinion but my speculations are taken from Nintendo and other company discussions/hints.

SiegK

Smash Champion
This game has to be the most Anticipated/Talked about/Bloged about/ Argued over Game of all time. For How Long have we been B**ching about this game on this and other sites, making spekulations, predictions, giving hype, criticizing updates, criticizing other players ideas; characters, stages, gameplay.

Omg. This game is gunna be huge. With the massive amounts of Wiis sold and How many people are gunna buy this **** game no matter when it comes out. Nintendo doesnt need a big Christmas deal or item. Meanwhile, Sony is pi$$ing themselves, staggering about trying to sell anything for the holiday of otherwize.

Man, Brawl Owns.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I say we're going to get a Sakurai kind of update.

The kind of update that you're definitely not expecting and no one will ever think of it in a million years.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
PEOPLE! LISTEN HERE!

Sakurai never said it didn't make his attacks stronger. He just said "And he doesn’t unleash any overwhelmingly powerful attacks." Which means it's not like Link's or Samus's, where it's a one-time super attack. It's a transformation. He also said "His special moves are also powered up," remember?

SiegK

Smash Champion
PEOPLE! LISTEN HERE!

Sakurai never said it didn't make his attacks stronger. He just said "And he doesn’t unleash any overwhelmingly powerful attacks." Which means it's not like Link's or Samus's, where it's a one-time super attack. It's a transformation. He also said "His special moves are also powered up," remember?
It just means his attacks are powered up and they will just make you fly a bit farther. Just think of it as him getting like a 10% Power Boost and a gay outfit for a bit.

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
I predict something ~7/10 on the awesomeness scale.

Like this: [Insert any stage here]

If I'm dead wrong, it'll be one of "those" updates.

Like this: "Team Versus Play"

SiegK

Smash Champion
I wonder what the new Multi-Man Brawl? Guys will look like.
They were Polygon people in 64 and Wire people (of Zelda and C. Falcon) in Melee.
I wonder what the new figures will look like.

Has anyone heard of anythng REAL that Dec. 3rd will be a big update?
Or is it just expected because it was the original release date?
If so, I hope we're not setting out heads too high for something normal.

I'm sensing a poke'ball...Latios/Latias?
Falco400 already called that.

Top Bottom