• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

goodkid

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai is trying to even out the updates.

We haven't had a stage update in so long because there were already nine stages revealed. There was only 4 game modes and 7 how to plays 5 music, and now there are 7 game modes 8 how to play, and 7 music.

Plus Sakurai has showcased Pokemon Stadium and the one from Franklin Badge.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
We don't want it as an update because we KNOW it's in the game. Why waste a day with that update?
well, we don't know how it will play out. i mean they could of gotten rid of the stage changes.

i really want to see the stages from previous trailers, though. i mean we have so little info on them. it would be nice to know a little more about them

but considering metroid prime 3, i'll have to say a metroid stage tomorrow, or something metroid related

Revven

FrankerZ
Ridley/Metroid update this week, Item, Special Moves on a veteran/newcomer, a How to Play update (I hope shielding is next! GOD they gotta stop hiding it!), and finally a Final Smash or an Assist Trophy.

I was pretty good last week with my predictions! I hope I'm just as right this time.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
This is my week for a guess.

Monday- Meta Knight
Tuesday- Zebes
Wedsday- Pikachus Special Moves
Thursday- Healing Items
Friday- Story Mode Boss: Dark Matter
Good predictions...wouldn't be surprised if you were right on all accounts. Though I'm sure it won't be Meta Knight. He's too special, or something, he'll be a late update I think.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
How about a retraction update? It's just wishful thinking, but how about this: "We were just kidding about Zero Suit Samus- she's a completely separate character from Samus. No need to do Samus' final smash to play as her. It was a pretty bad idea. My bad. - Sakurai."

Yeah. That was the most disappointing update thus far, imo. I just don't understand why they would do that...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
zamus' final smash. Also I'm sure he'll make Zamus an unlockable character also. or make it so if you hold down A you start as her.(like Shiek/Zelda)

worldjem7

Smash Ace
How about a retraction update? It's just wishful thinking, but how about this: "We were just kidding about Zero Suit Samus- she's a completely separate character from Samus. No need to do Samus' final smash to play as her. It was a pretty bad idea. My bad. - Sakurai."

Yeah. That was the most disappointing update thus far, imo. I just don't understand why they would do that...
they want to integrate similar characters into each other like they did with Zelda/Sheik in Melee
Note: Samus to ZSS (or Zamus)
Note: PKMN Trainer Switch between Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard
Spec: Zelda might change into Sheik again

instead of having a huge list of 1237481692 characters they put in more "fun" ways to use different characters. It must do something for something, I'm sure they wouldn't just randomly do that for no reason.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Curry = perma-fireflower = perma-stun = mega combos = DEFINITALY NOT allowed in competitive play

lol

Edit: ... wow no one is on to discuss this... is this update really that lame?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The curry hasn't got me crapping my pants in excitement but it would be fun to play with. As pointed out before the detail in Diddy's dilated pupils in the second screenshot is a nice touch. Let's hope that this update means the rest of this week's updates are of more importance.

Tomorrow I'm guessing a Metroid stage, not only to coincide with Prime but because we got an Item and Music recently but haven't had a stage since Castle Siege.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
for Tonight....

- Dark Samus Update profile

- Ridley profile ***praying for this***

or...

- a new Metriod stage update

Since tomorrow is the release of Metriod Prime 3(MP3) I am predicting that Sakurai will in fact give us a Metroid update, but out of my 3 predictions I would really like to see Ridley alraedy, it is going to PWN if indeed he does get confirmed, if not I will be totally shocked along with a few of you if Sakurai doesn't give us anything Metroid related afterall, Sakurai is so **** unpredictable, so I don't know what to think of him

goodkid

Smash Lord
Sakurai is up to something. He hasn't given us a stage because he's trying to even out how many updates we get. Tomorrow he will do the unpredictable once again, and I don't think a stage could come tomorrow. Even though MP3 releases this week, Sakurai doesn't have to give us a stage or metroid character.

Tuesday, something unpredictable like another game mode, or item.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Agree with koopa:

Dark samus confirmation: it would be great, I mean theres only a handful possible playable metroid characters they can add, and hes one of them, besides he wont steal ridleys spot, u know what they say the best for last, and ridley is gonna be one of THE last confirmed IMO

or

Ridley: Id LOVE to see it happen, but i kinda doubt it, hes just too much of a shocker to be shown so early, maybe in the final weeks before brawls release?? idk anyway I want ridley in, and since zelda was revealed when PH for DS was released in japan, maybe they cna reveal ridley on MP3s release, so it could happen...

or

metroid stage: if I get zebes AGAIN I will be VERY pissed, chozo ruins from mp1 FTW!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Dark Samus has no chance. She is the same as Samus. Actually, I wouldn't even call her a "She". I say this, because Dark Samus is actually Metroid Prime transformed by the phazon. But, she will either be a costume or nothing. Ridley and/or Maybe some hunters are the only metroid characters we will see.

SniperRy

Smash Apprentice
I say a stage coming soon it's been a while.
Also i haven't seen any Mario stages here's to another rendition of Mushroom kingdom!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Dark Samus has no chance. She is the same as Samus. Actually, I wouldn't even call her a "She". I say this, because Dark Samus is actually Metroid Prime transformed by the phazon. But, she will either be a costume or nothing. Ridley and/or Maybe some hunters are the only metroid characters we will see.
Obviously you have never played Metroid Prime 2. If you had, then such misinformed crap about Dark Samus being "the same" as Samus would not have been uttered.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Tomorrow we will get..... Goku for brawl. Super Saiyan = broken FTW!!!

Maybe we'll get Bob-omb. I'm sure it'll be in the game. Wonder what it looks like now...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I really doubt Dark Samus will not make any type of appearance. The only appearance I can think of now is as a sticker since stickers are just the official art of almost every Nintendo game around. For tonight's update I'm hoping for a stage or something Metroid related or Mother related.

Top Bottom