• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Who else is thinking that this music wasn't worth staying up for?

Its not that its music, moreso that its subpar music.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Crap. Music, but not Mario. I lose.

I don't mind the tunes. But this sure doesn't sound like "Underworld" music to me. Though, I never played Kid Icarus. So who am I, right?

But on that note. . . why would this song be called "The Underworld"? LET THE SPECULATION OF A NEW STAGE BEGIN.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I quite like the music. It really fits Pit's stage. (Assuming it's used for it :ohwell:)

What makes it better is that I played Kid Icarus earlier today... so I guess that music was fresh in my mind.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Happy Bday Pyro!
Thanks. 08/08 =] .

I guess Music and was right, just I had no clue it'd be KI music.
This sample isn't even all the great... I mean, the OoT Medley was great, the Yoshi Music was great, the Star Fox Music was great...the MENU music was great...but this just doesn't do it for me.
As much as I love Pit, I was not impressed Sakurai. Not impressed at all.

--Also, thank you SWF for sending me an email wishing me a Happy Birthday <3.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman

I don't mind the tunes. But this sure doesn't sound like "Underworld" music to me. Though, I never played Kid Icarus. So who am I, right?

But on that note. . . why would this song be called "The Underworld"? LET THE SPECULATION OF A NEW STAGE BEGIN.
Nah. It's Kid Icarus's first part original music note by note until the transition. And yes, the place the game starts is the underworld, as Pit's escaping Medusa's prison and heading for the heavens. So it's only logical the tune is named "Underworld".

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer

It's called "The Underworld" because that's the area of Kid Icarus it's from. You start in the Underworld of Angel Land and have to work your way up to where Medusa is holding Palutena. I agree that it doesn't sound very Underworld-ish, but that's just how KI's music is... way more happy than its setting would imply.

I'm a huge fan of the music in KI, so I was thrilled by this update. The inclusion of the Grim Reaper's theme was pretty funny :laugh:

Teben

Smash Apprentice
I'm voting for Peach. I'm still kind of shocked it hasn't come already.

Also, I'm REALLY hoping the next music update is a completely rockin' version of Mute City for the Captain.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing a character that's NOT Peach, just because Sakurai likes tricking us that way. My bet is Captain Falcon, Ness, or the Ice Climbers.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: we'll get a character tomorrow (probably Peach, but Sakurai could Mind Game us again), and then the day after that we'll get a new stage that we haven't seen yet to end the week on a high note, like Sakurai normally does.

M.K

Level 55
Character Update: Apple...No wait, Grape? Apricot?

Pineapple!...wait, no. Uhm....uh...ooh...Plum? Close, ugh...uh...Watermelon! YEA!

Character Update: Watermelon!

No...wait...Peach? Is it Peach? ALRIGHT! CHARACTE UPDATE: PEACH!

Kentalish

Smash Lord
its not going to be watermelon.... i mean peach cuz remember yoshi it took so long for him to say him even with the stages and music.... but then again when they did the DK slip they announced him. so its a 60/40 chance of peach being announced 40 for peach 60 for somone els

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
dude, don't even joke about that. that would be the worst thing to ever happen. pichu is gay and should never come back. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH I HATE YOU PICHU! DIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE.

ok lol on topic: i really think we'll get an AT or a character BESIDES peach.

I agree you 1,0000000000000000000000000% on the Pichu thing. Anyway,I'm guessing eiher character update(could be either Captain Falcon or Peach),an AT(probably someone that alot of people thought would make in it) or a pokeball(possibly to do the same as the AT). I also have a feeling that Friday will be a How to play(Maybe crawling,or alt. costumes)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Tomorrow or Friday will be Peach. I knew today would be music. It will be Peach as the next character because he won't reveal more than he has to, just like DK came out after he showed up in the trailer.

I really think that all of the starters for Melee will be confirmed by the end of August, though.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Tomorrow or Friday will be Peach. I knew today would be music. It will be Peach as the next character because he won't reveal more than he has to, just like DK came out after he showed up in the trailer.

I really think that all of the starters for Melee will be confirmed by the end of August, though.
Oh really? How many veterans and newcomer do you think that will consist of?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
considering that the veteran count could be 26, and right now we only have 10 of them now, even with characters getting axed we probably won't have them all until the end of september, maybe the beginning of october

Star105

Smash Journeyman
i think that tomorrows update will be....................... an AT, or pokemon, possibly a stage but it could be an item

i doubt it will be a character but ive been wrong before

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
considering that the veteran count could be 26, and right now we only have 10 of them now, even with characters getting axed we probably won't have them all until the end of september, maybe the beginning of october
That seems more likely to me. Also I'm hoping that if we get an AT, someone that some people wanted in(preferably Waluigi, Dixie,or king K.Rool),can't because we had one of those in a while.

Top Bottom