• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Funny...Metroid characters are outnumbered 3 to 1 by their stages. No other franchise can say that. In fact...Kirby is the exact opposite way around.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
stop licking sakurai's boots. this game isn't perfect and these updates are worse than nothing.
Hm... so it's not perfect? Simply because someone takes it for what it is doesn't make someone licking their boots or being fanboyish in any way.

As far as this goes, I kinda saw it coming in some ways. It's nice to see them back anyway, even if I was rather surprised by the choices.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Hmm, I thought this update was great. 5 more stages to play on!

If you don't like the stages, no one's forcing you to play them and the people who love the stage are made very happy.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think I read somewhere from JumpFesta that the music on Norfair is a ripping guitar version of the metroid song as well. A new version, at that.

I think that came from Gonintendo...
So? What will they use for the Brinstar music...(also, I'm becoming hopeful that the Ridley music is his theme as well :))
RIDLEY FTB!!!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, I love the Secret Music for Yoshi's Island, the L&R thing. Hope they keep that for Temple too.
You mean the Super Mario Bros. 3 song? I liked the Super Mario Banjo song better. And since Fire Emblem has a stage now, the song might pop up there instead of Temple.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
i can see it now: sorry no ridley, but here 4 awsome metroid stages including brinstar depths and the n64 brinstar!

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
The next metroid stage will obviously be Ridley. He's to big to be a character, but he has excellent stage potential.

actually in the melee opening vid, ridleys size actually looks reasonible and shrinking isnt a problem
Every time i hear this, I laugh, because Kirby's too small to be a character.
so is captain olimar, he is rediculously tiny in actual size

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Every time i hear this, I laugh, because Kirby's too small to be a character.
Not really true, Kirby isnt a small puff ball, he is kinda big and size matches perfectly to mario.

but Ill do ya a favor and fix it for ya.

Every time i hear this, I laugh, because Pikachu's too small to be a character.
That makes more sense.

They changed Pika's size to fit, not Kirby's

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not really true, Kirby isnt a small puff ball, he is kinda big and size matches perfectly to mario.

but Ill do ya a favor and fix it for ya.

That makes more sense.

They changed Pika's size to fit, not Kirby's
1' 4" > 0' 8"
Kirby shouldn't even reach Pika's chin xD

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
moreover, isn't mewtwo rather tall himself? Ash only went up like halfway on that beast in the movie, I believe.

Also there's the issue of Samus's laughable smallness in melee and the fact that in all the mario games, bowser is way bigger than in melee.

No, Ridley's size wouldn't impede his chances in brawl, but i think he has much more potential as an AT or a Boss. But that's not to say I don't think it's a terrific idea.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
moreover, isn't mewtwo rather tall himself? Ash only went up like halfway on that beast in the movie, I believe.

Also there's the issue of Samus's laughable smallness in melee and the fact that in all the mario games, bowser is way bigger than in melee.

No, Ridley's size wouldn't impede his chances in brawl, but i think he has much more potential as an AT or a Boss. But that's not to say I don't think it's a terrific idea.
I know, he's 6' 7"...but Pika is up to his waist in Melee?
And I still say Rildey's better as PC, there's plenty of other Metroid bosses.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
There is a new notice posted on the ***. site.
LOL J A P got blocked out. Why?
Because that is a racist term supposedly. The correct way to shorten it would probably be JPN.

And lame update. The least they could have done would have been to give us a double update for the week long absence. Would it have really been so hard?

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
lol...

That's the silliest thing I've heard tonight. How would he possibly have more potential as an AT than as a playable character? You've obviously never seen any of his possible movesets...but then again, that's largely due to the recent bannings around here...

He has plenty of potential as a PC, more than just about any possible new character out there (other than maybe Olimar).

Lirok

Smash Journeyman

no mewtwo is basically human height, but bowser i giant in the games, especially galaxy

and blayde_axel for some reason, the last 12 digest of your wii number register as a veitnam phone number through my skype (if you dint know, skype picks up any number on the internet that contains digets and will put a special highlight thing on it if its a phone number)

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
I know, he's 6' 7"...but Pika is up to his waist in Melee?
And I still say Rildey's better as PC, there's plenty of other Metroid bosses.
Yeah, I think Kraid would be way more fun to fight as a boss than Ridley, AND Kraid has less potential as a playable character.

It'd be nice, but I just don't see it happening somehow. Then again, I never would have thought Mewtwo would be in Melee, either.

smashbot226

Smash Master
lol...

That's the silliest thing I've heard tonight. How would he possibly have more potential as an AT than as a playable character? You've obviously never seen any of his possible movesets...but then again, that's largely due to the recent bannings around here...

He has plenty of potential as a PC, more than just about any possible new character out there (other than maybe Olimar).
WHat about the confirmed new characters?

Top Bottom