• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
YES! Awesome UpDate!

I Love Corneria and Yoshi’s Island!
Onett I could to without.
Glad they didnt remake another Brinstar, like 64 to Melee, cause the Melee one was pretty good.

Even though I really glad to see Corneria back (it and FD are my Favs!) I wish they would have buffed out its graphics Brawl Style.
QFT!
Though I wanted Sector Z instead of Corneria...still good :)

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Yoshi's Island: Crappy spinning blocks make short-hopping difficult.
Corneria: Back fin situation makes it sole area of play.
Onett: @#$!%!$#@ Cars...
Brinstar: Glitchy acid ftl (try Handicap mode on this level in Melee).
Rainbow Ride: Glitchy platforms ftl (I thought you weren't supposed to be able to fall through the swinging pendulum...).

Other than that, I have no problem with these stages...

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think there's another way to use ZSS without getting the smash-ball. They keep advertising her, but so far there's only 1 way to play as her... It doesn't make sense.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Random question: What game is Rainbow 'Ride' based on?
Super Mario 64. It's the last world you go to. So yeah there's like 6 levels based around it. You would always hop on this lift and have to jump and avoid platforms. It'd eventually take you to that Airship, which would again, take it's own course.

That area was hard, but kool.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Exactly, you would think people would be happy with anything after a week of nothing.

Compare 'nothing' to a piece of turd. I dont know, i'm not a big fan of turd. For example, i would rather get nothing for my birthday than a turd. Thats how much this update sucks.

I dont know whats sadder. The lack of...anything in this update, or the fact that i can turn on my Wii, insert Super Smash Melee, and see today's update.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Compare 'nothing' to a piece of turd. I dont know, i'm not a big fan of turd. For example, i would rather get nothing for my birthday than a turd. Thats how much this update sucks.

I dont know whats sadder. The lack of...anything in this update, or the fact that i can turn on my Wii, insert Super Smash Melee, and see today's update.
I think you are sadder

Luigi player

Smash Master
Meh... the week without updates was better... because we didn't get disappointed all the time >.>

I don't really like any of this levels. They're okay though... I would've liked it if they got some graphical updates. Really, I hate this. At least make it look awesome :/

Oh well.. maybe tomorrow there'll be something better...

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
I guess this update is alright. Better than something like "the gamecube controls".:p

By the way, did you see how far back PT was standing in Brinstar? I guess it makes sense though.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Now all they need is Venom back... LOL that's got to be the most underrated stage ever and I'm going to be flamed for suggesting it ^_^;;

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
No need to force your opinion on everyone.

Thanks to the three people that answered my question about Rainbow Ride.

I really wish Fountain of Dreams and Pokemon Stadium 1 popped up. But everyone would complain and make me sad.
Yeah...I'm sorry :(
And FoD was awesome, I hope it's in :ohwell:

Tony_

Smash Ace
lol @ tournament players who are complaining about the stages brought back. Be grateful your even getting ANY Melee stages than none at all. Apparently, Sakurai hates the tournament community. Saying he doesn't is basically a lie now. Theres only..what, 3 legal stages and almost everyone hates them from that picture.

2cents lol.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Today's update is a very welcome surprise to me. Three of my favorite stages return, namely Yoshi's Island, Onett and my absolute favorite, Brinstar. I am very happy to see Brinstar return, especially since I counted it out because of its similarity to Norfair. Now if only Big Blue, Brinstar Depths and Great Bay return, then I'm set stage-wise (aside from the N64 stages, if they are returning).

Top Bottom