• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Croco

Smash Lord
Yoshi's final smash is cool.. though were is it from?
The only time I know of that he had wings was Super Mario World.. hmm.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Double update? And for two unrelated ideas?! Heck yes!

Yoshi's FS: Eh, whatever. I mean, it's neat; it just doesn't do much for me.

Totakeke Confirmed!...I mean, "Go K.K. Rider!": Cool tune, and I LOVE hearing K.K.'s voice. I still think that K.K. will be the AC rep, though. First, Sakurai gets all excited because he appears Saturday at 8 PM. Not only that, but Sakurai is reminded of a quote: "Heroes always arrive late." My guess? Totakeke is secret, but he's in there on the playable roster. Yayy for Sakurai's intentional mindgames! =)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Yoshi's final smash is cool.. though were is it from?
The only time I know of that he had wings was Super Mario World.. hmm.
It's a pretty wild combination of stuff. The fireballs are from eating red shells in Mario World. The fire breath is from eating red melons in Yoshi's Island. The wings were used in his super shot in Mario Strikers, I'm not sure if they were seen before that.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Yoshi could grow wings and fly for a brief amount of time in Super Mario World if he snagged a blue shell. And this Final Smash is really cool. A bit weird, bit cool nonetheless. As for the AC music, I'm not quite sure what to think. I liked it in a way, but it certainly isn't my favourite music revealed so far. What was more interesting however was Sakurai's "heroes always arrive late" comment. Was that a hint at a hidden AC character, specifically K.K. Rider/Totakeke, or are we just reading too much into this? Either way, this has been one of the best weeks in terms of updates so far. Here's hoping for another awesome update tomorrow

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
yeah yoshi grew wings and spit fire in super mario world (also in stikers he grew wings in his mega strike)

Blackadder

Smash Master
It's easy if you know how. :laugh: How to quote, that is.

Although I don't recommend it, because it's against the rules.
Well, obviously.
But if ya'll tell me I'll give you a cookie!

...seriously, I need to know.
I have my reasons... :lick:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm glad we got a music update which hopefully means no music update for at least a week or two :)

Please be something epic tomorrow...or a stage will do.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
We did just get Diddy Kong - wouldn't it be best to spread out the epic updates?
Valid point. However if Sakurai chooses to drop the biggest bombshell in update history tomorrow I wouldn't be complaining lol.

Heres hoping for a stage tomorrow haven't had one in a while.

Revven

FrankerZ
I think it'll be a character update of some kind. Something tells me it has to either do with GC or it doesn't and it's just a character update. Why else would he do a double update today? It feels odd that he'd do something like that only to have a stage revealed tomorrow.

I'm expecting a character update of some kind personally, maybe something to do with GC like any info that came from it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Zomg, this weeks updates PWNED!

Links Special Moves - Good
Subspace Army - Best
Diddy Kong - Exellent
Yoshi's Final Smash - Good
Animal Crossing: Go K.K Slider! - Exellent

Can't wait to see what friday will be like. Hopefully its good so it completes this week with nothing but good updates.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i would say a stage, cause the last one was castle seige, and we've gotten 2 newcomers and peach before a stage. however, news came to me that hideo kojima's birthday is tomorrow, so...

Snake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Go k.k. Rider was by far my favorite song in Animal Crossing.

Besides k.k. love song of course.

"Heroes always arrive late"
zomg could this be hinting that we'll be getting a k.k.slider update or Tom Nook near brawls release? Its hinting something. It just seems like it is

omg guyz, how can totakeke be in brawl when he's in the stage.
omg, how do i choose Pit when my opponent already chose him.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
b]omg guyz, how can totakeke be in brawl when he's in the stage.[/b]
omg, how do i choose Pit when my opponent already chose him.
I think a more convincing arguement is simply pointing out that they already do this with Captain Falcon and Fox in their stages.

Though really, I think if anyone gets the slot it'll be Nook. I don't think Resetti is big enough a character (would make an excellent AT, though), and, IIRC, Totakeke is actually a charicature of an actual person (one of Nintendo's lead composers), so it seems unlikely they'd make a brawler out of him.

Also, Nook is a tanuki. Come on. Tanuki > Dog.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Anything could happen tomorrow. I didn't know it was Snake's creator's birthday. Maybe he will show up tomorrow, but who knows? I think stage, but seems too obvious. There's a reason why Sakurai delayed the stage for so long.

Why does it seem like Sakurai is rushing things?

Weekly updates have changed since Ike was revealed.

Maybe because of that Tokyo Presentation. So we won't be surprised when we see screenshots of Brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im hoping for a Falcon confirmation, but seems kinda like a stretch, but BOY would I be happy to see him...

Anyway Gotta love the song, may be my 2nd-3rd favorite so far, and glad we got yoshis final too, 2 for 1?! PWNAGE...

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
Anything could happen tomorrow. I didn't know it was Snake's creator's birthday. Maybe he will show up tomorrow, but who knows? I think stage, but seems too obvious. There's a reason why Sakurai delayed the stage for so long.

Weekly updates have changed since Ike was revealed.

Maybe because of that Tokyo Presentation. So we won't be surprised when we see screenshots of Brawl.
How have they changed?

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow they'll probably confirm someones special moves (hoping for Mario or Pit). Namely a character who hasn't had much updates (Bowser) or none at all (Snake).

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Anything could happen tomorrow. I didn't know it was Snake's creator's birthday. Maybe he will show up tomorrow, but who knows?
I'll say the same thing I said to Ridley being confirmed on Prime 3's release. Since when does Sakurai synch up the updates with anything at all?

I think he's realizing just how little time there is until release, when you break it down into individual updates.

bored

Smash Ace
Capt. Falcon anyone?

I say it's a veteran, or an item (Which I hope not).

Top Bottom