• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
But since they're newbs anyway, wouldn't it be a funner and betterer challenge to take on more than one, and by 'their own rules'? Eh? Eh?
My theory was that casual players who thought they were good would think that it would bee annoying sometimes when people would spam items so they'd try to play with no items and suck, and then I could own them. I mean, give us the option to set a god **** room, is that so much to ask (why can't I say ****, I mean dam, dam, or ****, wtf, I can say GAY or BLOWJOB but not d-a-m-n)?

Sakurai you really phail for this one.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
It's definitely the demo character select screen. Duh...?
That leaves the question why they'd use a demo screen from 2 months ago.

Here's a strange thought! Maybe the demo character select screen IS the starting roster!

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
But since they're newbs anyway, wouldn't it be a funner and betterer challenge to take on more than one, and by 'their own rules'? Eh? Eh?
YOUR LOGIC HAS NO PLACE HERE.

Completely boring update. It's a complete slap in the face that they used the demo for the character and stage selection screen. I would've rathered a full one that was censored out, it would've at least given us something to talk about all weekend.

The most interesting part is the final paragraph. Once again Sakurai states that he's fully aware that the internet will spoil hidden characters, and quote: "So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters."

This tells me that the possibility of some of the known characters being unlockable is entirely there. Not only that, but that their presense in single player content doesn't mean they're starters at all.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I don't really like the fact that it doesn't tell you when the other guys disconnects. I'm sure you'll be able to tell, but still. False sense of accomplishment right there.

And wtf is with the limited settings? No choosing between stock or time? I don't really care about the items or stage selection but you gotta at least let us select a few options.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Fantastic updates, however...

"So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters."

So I guess he's not going to focus on hidden characters at the moment.

I think we got our initial cast of characters
demo character select screen. kirby unlockable, but meta knight and sonic not? Enjoy your fail.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
May have already pointed it out, but something epic was revealed tonight.
When you see it, you will **** bricks.
Do you by chance speak of this picture?

That is very interesting.

I'm also a tad disappointed that unlocking the characters will be so easy, but it won't matter too much. 99% of my time with Brawl will be with all characters unlocked, so it doesn't really matter if it goes a bit faster.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I agree with you man....spoiled brats....cry for something and then they get it and they still aren't satisfied. The man and his team are hard at work and you call him stupid....
Thank you. What else could they be mad at? Co-op? An Adventure? SONIC?

starting roster, no?
Lol, he's trying to mindgame us with a small select screen, or the icons get progressively smaller :p

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
**** it i want to play brawl so bad!!!! time for some late night melee....im gonna master mewtwo because im bored.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Wow some of u guys complain too much..i think it was a great update..first of all of course thats the demo character select screen..KIRBY and everyone else will be in it so just stop *****ing guys relaax u can most likely turn items on or off in online mode..and if not then why not just play "with friends" than "with anyone"

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
So Kirby is not a starting character. Right.
If I recall correctly, Ness and Captain Falcon, who were unlockables in SSB64, became starters in Melee, so it is possible that starting positions were changed up, for balance.

However, it's unlikely they are the starters, because Wario was on the cover of the game, and they wouldn't spoil an unlockable on the box of the game.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
So the item and stage selection is cleared up. But what about the stock and time settings. I home not every online free for all is a 2 minute KO fest.
Considering how dumb Sakurai has been don't be surprised, if he won't let us make rooms and he thinks that people think it's GOOD when they don't know who they are playing it looks like With Anyone is going to be a major blowjob fest.

Card

Smash Lord
am I the only one who noticed this?

Take a look at the differences in the Character Portraits for the Japanese version and the North American Version

Discuss?

Besides the obvious Bowser/Koopa translation... Why are the backdrops for the text transparent gray instead of black. Why is Metaknight written in 1 line instead of 2?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
If I recall correctly, Ness and Captain Falcon, who were unlockables in SSB64, became starters in Melee, so it is possible that starting positions were changed up, for balance.

However, it's unlikely they are the starters, because Wario was on the cover of the game, and they wouldn't spoil an unlockable on the box of the game.
Okay, thank you for correctly changing your stance.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Kirby confirmed as a hidden character! Meta Knight and Sonic confirmed as starters! LOL!

Wanna know why they used the demo roster? It's easy. There was already a toggle programmed into the game that loads up this roster, from the previous said demo. It was a lot easier to use that than generate a whole new one of what we know so far for the sake of one single screenshot.

Simple!

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
Note the second picture (I'd snap it up to show you, but I'm too lazy to copy and paste that ****).

The bottom icon, the third one. That's obviously options. What do you think will be under options? Probably stuff like "Time Limit" and "Stock"... Perhaps?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Considering how dumb Sakurai has been don't be surprised, if he won't let us make rooms and he thinks that people think it's GOOD when they don't know who they are playing it looks like With Anyone is going to be a major blowjob fest.
My goodness, do you have to keep calling Sakurai dumb? He's freaking in charge of this game!

@DrClaw: You're an idiot, it was clearly a sarcastic response to a dumb comment.

Top Bottom