• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Weed

Smash Lord
dis gay they didn't fix the fact that u don't know who your are playing with. Where's the love for hardcore fans. Lol i'm gonna make 1 of my taunts my friend code.
That won't work, since people who can see your taunts have to already have your friend code. Noobification ftw! Hell..even tetris ds online has scorekeeping and usernames, etc. Weak.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Why is everyone whining as if everyone mode should have the same features that friends only mode does? bunch of crybabies, this update was pretty good considering the filler...

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
By the looks of that character screen, and how big the icons are, I think I can safely say that due to that, and the lack of character updates, there are no more secret characters. If there are, maybe 2-3 more at most.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
BLOWJOB GHEY!

We can't chose to play with no items... And hold up... Does this mean ALL MATCHES ARE 4-PLAYERS! It can't be, Sakurai is officially stupid.
This guy pissed me off so much :mad:
All the fanboys cry for Wi-fi, they show their appreciation like this! :smiliegor

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
I sure hope that isn't the starting roster.

I mean, where the heck is Kirby? D:
I believe it isn't either. I think that roster is the roster from E for all, not the actual game.

=]

LoserNumber2

Smash Apprentice
You can cast one vote for the stage you want to play. A stage is chosen by lottery from among those voted on by the players.

Also, the items that are turned off in the item switch are also determined by lottery.
uhh doesnt that mean we can vote items to be turned off or on? im confused x_x

well it doesn't really matter considering the majority of us our going to exchange friend codes with each other anways

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I knew the "Item selection by lottery" would make people on this board cry. I liked this update, well the last part at least...I don't plan on playing WiFi until I've unlocked everyone anyway so the spoilers don't bother me. And I WAS planning on beating the SE before anything else, so that works out nicely too XD

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
*Slams down 2 Benjamin Franklins* I'll take you up on that lil wager.:cool: I've got $ to burn!

Edit: *hands over money to Bassoonist* Dammit....
LOL.

I'm always right. XD

Trust me. There will be no characters this month. It's a filler month. Stop getting your hopes up.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
GREAT update. very informative one today.

i kinda hope that the character select screen he showed isnt the starting roster though. Having to unlock Kirby and Zelda, but not Meta-Knight or Sonic, would be kinda lame.

and if sakurai wasn't hung up on hidden characters this time....why wont he update them?

very good update overall though

Weed

Smash Lord
I'm finding it hard to believe that Sakurai (or his translator) used the word "Epic" as an adjective in his description.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Mildly interesting for orange trash.

I hate the whole concept of anonymous fighting, but I won't even get into that right now.
The vote system is odd but pretty good.
And from what I understand, Sakurai has no qualms with releasing every character before the game is out.

Good news, though. He didn't delay it. We're safe for another weekend.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
You all have to admit it, the CPU-takeover thing is inspired. I mean, it's a bit of a trip throwing in that ambiguity of possibly playing against no one, and trying to appeal to human tendencies with mindgames. But I mean, seriously, without names or messages or anything, we might as well just play a computer - At least then we could choose our time limits.
But now ****it, you have no idea if who you're playing is really a CPU or someone, therefore your victory is really false. It's like playing with CPU in the Multiplayer Melee menu. All 3 opponents could cut out within the first 5 seconds, and then you'd just be playing CPUs...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I never said that, I wanted to beat up on some newbs in one on one, especially because we can only have 64 friends. After my real friends that will leave only 50 or so of you guys!
But since they're newbs anyway, wouldn't it be a funner and betterer challenge to take on more than one, and by 'their own rules'? Eh? Eh?

iMichael

Smash Lord
This guy pissed me off so much :mad:
All the fanboys cry for Wi-fi, they show their appreciation like this! :smiliegor
I agree with you man....spoiled brats....cry for something and then they get it and they still aren't satisfied. The man and his team are hard at work and you call him stupid....

NeoJames

Smash Cadet
I hate the CPU replaced human thing...

If I go online, I want to fight players!

But if that team thing lets you battle 2 on 2 with a friend over wifi, I don't care if I fight CPU's =p

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i really dont want that to be the starting roster.

sonic not unlockable = false.
kirby unlockable but not metaknight = fail.
only 14 starts, thus greatly decreasing the chance of 33 or more total chars = booooo.

Iris

Smash Ace
Hmm, non-SSE unlockable characters = confirmed.

Green Zelda = confirmed

Online SSE co-op = disconfirmed?

Also, whats that pink thing in the last picture?

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
You all have to admit it, the CPU-takeover thing is inspired. I mean, it's a bit of a trip throwing in that ambiguity of possibly playing against no one, and trying to appeal to human tendencies with mindgames. But I mean, seriously, without names or messages or anything, we might as well just play a computer - At least then we could choose our time limits.

Thats actually a really good point. The only difference is that when you play the computer, you know what level they'll be and everything, unless they have the random level deal going. And then pick 4 random opponents.

From the demo I saw at E4All, the one where the Nintendo Rep was showing game mechanics vs a computer, it looks like the computer has much improved AI. So it won't be like playing against an idiot anymore, at least not as big of an idiot, so it should be a lot funner this time around just playing against the computer.

But yeah, if the online mode (specifically items and match type) does end up being really bad, at least we can still play against enhanced computer AI.

Zorya

Smash Ace
Great update, now we can all go to sleep happy.:)

Seriously, Sakurai's rant on the hidden characters should answer all of your questions about them...

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Fantastic updates, however...

"So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters."

So I guess he's not going to focus on hidden characters at the moment.

I think we got our initial cast of characters

Top Bottom