• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Actually... this update is kinda epic. The bottom part at least.

Note the part about there being little fuss about revealing hidden characters! **** your mindgames SAKURAI!!!!

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
For some odd reason, I think there's going to be a lot of stupid speculation about Sakurai "not being hung up on hidden characters".

...Wait. The item selection is chosen by lottery?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Actually this update brought up an interesting point.

It wasn't a character (as I said it wouldn't be *cough**cough*) however he reveals that unlockables will be automatically spoiled online. I was wondering how they were going to do that, looks like they didn't work it out, oh well.

Hopefully this means he'll start giving us more unlockables. Enough lame updates!

Weed

Smash Lord
Updated!
Looks like my lulz were a true prediction! :laugh:

The last little note on hidden characters is neat though.
I'm mostly lul'ing at how you can't change settings in matchmaking. Forced items ftw? oh the LULZ indeed

Wait..lottery to determine items? That's dumb.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
hmm, it looks like items will be at least mostly on for random battles. I would guess it can be turned off with friends though.

kind of a big update, I like it

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Interesting, CPUs take over for disconnectors, but all matches are 4-players with Anyone. Interesting. Most characters will be unlocked through SSE. Interesting!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
dis gay they didn't fix the fact that u don't know who your are playing with. Where's the love for hardcore fans. Lol i'm gonna make 1 of my taunts my friend code.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm mostly lul'ing at how you can't change settings in matchmaking. Forced items ftw? oh the LULZ indeed
I lul'd at that also.
Good thing I'll be getting the game FIVE months after you Americans!! :laugh::p

PAL wins again! :flame:

...wait-

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'd bet money it's not a character. Seriously, I would.

I'm just hoping it's something that's not lame. I'm staying up for it, it's close to the time and I can't sleep, so might as well.:laugh:
*Slams down 2 Benjamin Franklins* I'll take you up on that lil wager.:cool: I've got $ to burn!

Edit: *hands over money to Bassoonist* Dammit....

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
You all have to admit it, the CPU-takeover thing is inspired. I mean, it's a bit of a trip throwing in that ambiguity of possibly playing against no one, and trying to appeal to human tendencies with mindgames. But I mean, seriously, without names or messages or anything, we might as well just play a computer - At least then we could choose our time limits.

king_neeso

Smash Apprentice
online mode is a real let down unless you have friends on it...but just invite ppl to your house and it would be more fun. i feel...overly dissapointed

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Hmm at least we know "most" characters can be unlocked through Subspace Emissary. Makes me wonder how that's going to be possible in just 1 run...or...more?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Best update all week. I hate it when people disconnect and the match is over due to that. I love the replace them with the CPU idea. They should have done that to Mario Strikers Charged or any game that ruins the match when a loser disconnect. Bravo Sakurai, bravo.

Top Bottom