• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
The starting roster thing is epic phail cuz of the other screenshot showing snake and zelda playing in the next one... I mean if that WAS the starting roster, why would snake and zelda be playing in the NEXT screen?

And also cuz of all the above responses. I could be wrong, but my guess is they wanted to show us what it would generally look like, but they quickly realized that if they show the current starting roster, they could be "spoiling" a character on the strating roster that they didn't want to reveal right away obviously. So, if that is the case they decided they show us what we already know and put all the characteristics of what they are really trying to show and post it up. Again, correct me if i fail but thats just my logic speaking.

My question is: will all basic brawls be FFA?

edit: k, nvm people already covered this... jeez you guys and your logic... KiiRBEE 1$ @n uNR0CK@BL3!! Z0MGZ0RZZXZX!!!!!111111oneoneeleven.

seriously guys, he's one of the first dudes we see in SSE... comon...

@the *** and eng comparison: ...wow..just wow.. i think you confirmed something REALLY important. -.-

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
am I the only one who noticed this?

Take a look at the differences in the Character Portraits for the Japanese version and the North American Version

Discuss?

Besides the obvious Bowser/Koopa translation... Why are the backdrops for the text transparent gray instead of black. Why is Metaknight written in 1 line instead of 2?
idk i like ours better though...although we basically get both since smash games have language select.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
My goodness, do you have to keep calling Sakurai dumb? He's freaking in charge of this game!

@DrClaw: You're an idiot, it was clearly a sarcastic response to a dumb comment.
He's dumb for thinking people don't want to know who they are playing against, period. More over, not having rooms, or being able to set a time limit it outrageous. I was hoping Nintendo and Sakurai would being their A game for Smash but I guess I'm gonna be picking up a PS3 (Street Fighter 4).

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Here's another strange thought! Maybe it isn't, and we're only not shown the starting roster because we haven't learned of all of the starting characters at this point!
Normally I'd disagree with you for fun but,
"Captain Falcon"

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Some people...dang, you guys complained that you better get Wi-Fi and now that you have it, you complain that it's not EXACTLY what you want. Boo hoo, get over it. It's a VIDEO GAME. It's meant to be FUN. But then again I suppose just like the internet, video games are serious business. I'm sorry about always complaining about you complainers, but seriously, when this game comes out you'll be WORSHIPPING Sakurai and his team and you know it.

As a side note.... "The Wii is trying to connect in earnest! And it succeeds!" <--One of the best lines from the Dojo?

DarthLink

Smash Rookie
am I the only one who noticed this?

Take a look at the differences in the Character Portraits for the Japanese version and the North American Version

Discuss?

Besides the obvious Bowser/Koopa translation... Why are the backdrops for the text transparent gray instead of black. Why is Metaknight written in 1 line instead of 2?
because they spelled meta knight, meta night, so they were able to fit it in one line

....never mind, im blind, i go to sleep now im tired

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
......This is the worst I've ever been so pissed at these little *****es, and their incessive whining....
.........Now I see why Sakurai is giving the US a delay...to perfect it for you crybabies..

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I have a hard time believing Dedede is unlockable. I mean, I suppose he COULD be, but he's in the very first event battle.

However, Sakurai said he wouldn't be too hung up on unlockable characters.

WHATEVER. Is it freakin February yet?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
He's dumb for thinking people don't want to know who they are playing against, period. More over, not having rooms, or being able to set a time limit it outrageous. I was hoping Nintendo and Sakurai would being their A game for Smash but I guess I'm gonna be picking up a PS3 (Street Fighter 4).
Well, it's too bad that the game isn't being specifically catered to you, eh? Sorry.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I hate to admit it but random online play looks to be all but pointless. I mean unless you have no friends to play with or cant find any of them online, why else would you do random brawl?

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Why's everyone getting so worked up over how many people you can play against? Of course there'll be one-on-one matches......at the loading screen. You play as Mario against the Sandbag. That's one-on-one right?

btw, I'm gonna laugh if this game ends up being an equivalent to SONIC NEXT-GEN.
SONIC NEXT GEN wdf are u on drugs dude? seriously? this game will surpass every game out there on the market wen its released.. guaranteed dude

DarthLink

Smash Rookie
it looks like with the stage select, you need to put down coins that you recieved, maybe the more coins you put down, the better chance you have at getting the stage you want.....

Iris

Smash Ace
What's the top left stage on the selection screen? It can't be the Summit, it wasn't in the demo...

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
So... did anyone notice the... "Also, the items that are turned off in the item switch are also determined by lottery."

Are we not gonna be able to turn items off then in wifi??

Kittah4

Smash Ace
The starting roster thing is epic phail cuz of the other screenshot showing snake and zelda playing in the next one... I mean if that WAS the starting roster, why would snake and zelda be playing in the NEXT screen?

And also cuz of all the above responses. I could be wrong, but my guess is they wanted to show us what it would generally look like, but they quickly realized that if they show the current starting roster, they could be "spoiling" a character on the strating roster that they didn't want to reveal right away obviously. So, if that is the case they decided they show us what we already know and put all the characteristics of what they are really trying to show and post it up. Again, correct me if i fail but thats just my logic speaking.

My question is: will all basic brawls be FFA?
Read the last statements and think outside the box. Perhaps Sakurai was showing us the starting roster but his development team already has everyone unlocked and so chose them?

Sakurai JUST said you'd be able to be unlockable characters online regardless of if anyone else has them.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
guys, why attack one of the better updates we've had on the dojo?

We got so much new info...AND SAKURAI SAID THE WORD EPIC!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I like this update cause we can play with our money(I'm rich with the cash money) They have to make a thread with friend codes on this site.

Bmm

Smash Cadet
if you believe that you will only be able to play 2 min. matches online with four people, then quite frankly you're morons...
no way would be exclude other game modes from online...
sakurai is always hiding stuff from us, and thiis is no exception...
who's to say there aren't more modes besides "basic brawl" for battle with anyone?

Top Bottom