• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Zorya

Smash Ace
Dude, if there were rooms, you could play 2 min time matches, with what ever items you want. Everyone gets to play their way, I get to play my way, you get to play your way. Not having rooms was a mistake. And although I don't know you, and you say you "don't care".

I would imagine you'd rather get to chose EXACTLY what stage, items, time/stock you'd want to play with rather then have a set time limit, always play against 3 other people and not really pick anything. I mean, I can sort of understand the ranking system thing... sort of, but no rooms, seriously, Sakurai... go **** on yourself.
Your taking this game wayyy toooo seriously. Go outside, get a lil air huh? good boy.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No, I want EVERYONE to be able to play their way. I'll say it again, WHO DOESN'T ROOMS BENEFIT??? I'll say it again, with rooms, you can play exactly how you want flyinfilipino. If you want to play 2 min, 4 way matches with items then have fun. If you want 4 stock matches with just pokeballs and bombs sure, go ahead. If you only want a one on one match with Smash Balls and Curry go ahead, if you want to play with no items one on one on non moving stages have fun. Rooms are good, FOR EVERYONE! I can't even think of a reason Sakurai doesn't have rooms. I'm hoping that Basic Brawl isn't just it, and there's something like "detailed brawl". No one can really be this stupid to not even let you pick the time limit.

It's a huge deal, this is Nintendo's biggest title in years, and they can't even have rooms online.
I find it funny that of all people, you're the one taking this the most seriously right now. Calm down a little, get some sleep, come back later.

And one more thing: With Friends

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Anyone else disapointed that you can unlock all the characters in SE. I thought that was dumb, iliked it how there was unusual ways to get the characters.
He said most? Same way most characters in Melee were earned (or could be) through classic and adventure.

Jigglypuff is from beating the game. Luigi is from a time gimmick on the first adventure mode stage. Doc comes from beating the game as Mario. Roy comes from beating it as Marth. Young Link comes from beating it with 10 characters. Game and Watch comes from beating it with everyone.

On the other hand, Ganondorf and Pichu are from events. Marth is from playing as everyone once in VS. Mewtwo is from 200 gameplay hours. Falco is from 100-man Melee.

So out of 11 characters, 6 of them were from single player and the other 5 were from other more obscure ways outside of the main single player adventures. You could say most of Melee's hidden characters are earned through said single player adventure.

But that doesn't mean all.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny that of all people, you're the one taking this the most seriously right now. Calm down a little, get some sleep, come back later.

yo flying..i agree with u all the way man..its nice that ur actually defending brawl than whinein about the updates..i actually think this weeks updates were great better than the recent e4all updates we been gettin..=\

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
SAKURAI IS STILL AMAZING AND EPIC! STOP MAKING FUN OF HIM! Sakurai is doing an INCREDIBLE JOB AT MAKING THIS GAME, POSSIBLY THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME, FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you all complain because we didn't get a character updated tonight. WELL GUESS WHAT: IT WAS STILL AN AMAZING UPDATE! WHO GIVES A TESTEMUNCH IF IT WAS A CHARACTER?

Thank you, Sakurai, for ALL of your updates!

Jeeze, I wouldnt be surprised if he delayed the game just to take characters out or make SSE worse because of all your complaing, give you guys something really to complain about.

Sakurai is an epic win. And, Smashboards, YOU must recover!

Memo326

Smash Cadet
I agree. This actually gives a glimmer of chance that he WILL reveal ALL of the characters. By saying that everyone is going to find out anyway it is almost like he is saying that he might as well just reveal them and get it done with. Of course I don't think he will do that for a while if at all. Honestly though, as much as I want to know what characters are in the game I also want the surprise of who I may unlock when I play the game.
I'd actually be afraid if he *were* to reveal all characters before release. I mean, if he was planning to release ALL characters, why the month-and-a-half character drought? Surely that's not the complete character roster?

So yeah, I don't think he'll reveal all characters before release. He may reveal some unlockables in the time between the Japanese and US release dates, and surely in the time between the US and European dates, but none before the Japanese release. That's my theory.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Hey Hypnotist, there's a really neat game called 'Sleep.' It's pretty neat actually, because when you play you'll go through a random level, called a dream. Oh, wait, my bad. You can't set up which dream you go through, never mind. You probably wouldn't like it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I hate how people think I complain too much just because I'm not a fanboy who acts like everything Sakurai announces is god or something, no rooms is just stupid, period. Rooms make everyone happy.
Hmm... you assuming I'm making an unclear judgment, I don't tend to point out others flaw unless they've done something to prove my point otherwise. And I've seen penetly of yours, my point is more how ridiculious pessimesstic you can seem to get and it's just as annoying as 'fanboys'.

I get the point however, I just don't see it happening so it's hardly worth going on about, Nintendo Wifi is extremely limited as far as you would compare to X-box LIVE. Better to accept it for what it is and deal with it. It's not being a fanboy, I don't always agree with Sakurai or Nintendo handling all the time either, it's merely accepting what it is.

To me it's not worth complaining about... however there are many here who have exaggrated there right to complain, even if that could exist.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
He said most? Same way most characters in Melee were earned (or could be) through classic and adventure.

Jigglypuff is from beating the game. Luigi is from a time gimmick on the first adventure mode stage. Doc comes from beating the game as Mario. Roy comes from beating it as Marth. Young Link comes from beating it with 10 characters. Game and Watch comes from beating it with everyone.

On the other hand, Ganondorf and Pichu are from events. Marth is from playing as everyone once in VS. Mewtwo is from 200 gameplay hours. Falco is from 100-man Melee.

So out of 11 characters, 6 of them were from single player and the other 5 were from other more obscure ways outside of the main single player adventures. You could say most of Melee's hidden characters are earned through said single player adventure.

But that doesn't mean all.
exactly and it will be the same way in brawl..idk what everyone is whinein about..and Rooms online isnt needed..i mean y need rooms if u cant even talk to anyone without mics or chat or anything?? wdf u need rooms for?

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Anyone who's actually been convincing themselves that With Anyone was going to be any good is a fool. I've known since day one that With Anyone was going to be complete garbage. It'll be good for a quick laugh or an easy way to kill 5 minutes, but With Friends will easily trump it in every way, shape and form.

Unless you live under a rock or have the social skills of a tub of mayonaisse.

So as long as With Friends has the good features, then who cares? That's what everyone will be playing.

Except for that glob of mayonaisse under the rock over there.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Well... he says "If one of YOUR opponents chooses a character YOU haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for YOU immediately."

Why would someone be looking at this site if they didnt' want it spoiled??

And he says MOST Characters will be unlockable throughout SE... and who's to say there aren't crazy ways to unlock them within SE??

YoungGanondorf

Smash Rookie
Because that statement says he isn't really caring about the reveal of secret characters because he knows they'll be revealed on the internet or WiFi soon enough
Alright, that's fine. i just think that with them trying to build so much hype that if we found out that once you bought the game the were 10-20 characters you had no idea about, that they would hype it up even more.

Zorya

Smash Ace
SAKURAI IS STILL AMAZING AND EPIC! STOP MAKING FUN OF HIM! Sakurai is doing an INCREDIBLE JOB AT MAKING THIS GAME, POSSIBLY THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME, FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you all complain because we didn't get a character updated tonight. WELL GUESS WHAT: IT WAS STILL AN AMAZING UPDATE! WHO GIVES A TESTEMUNCH IF IT WAS A CHARACTER?

Thank you, Sakurai, for ALL of your updates!

Jeeze, I wouldnt be surprised if he delayed the game just to take characters out or make SSE worse because of all your complaing, give you guys something really to complain about.

Sakurai is an epic win. And, Smashboards, YOU must recover!
I've fallen in love with you after that one. QF that mothafukkin' T!!

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Play only with friends then. Not that big of a deal.
It's not super easy considering I can only have 64 friends. I was really looking to play flyinfilipino, usually I agree with him. I was looking forward to playing you too.

Your taking this game wayyy toooo seriously. Go outside, get a lil air huh? good boy.
No, I'm right and your in denial. Not having rooms is just illogical. Rooms benifit everyone, and no one has yet to counter that.

Dude, no rooms is sad, and only having 64 friends is even worse. You don't get it, rooms help you and me a lot more than basic brawl just "helps" you.

Quit being in denial guys, having 2 min matches where you can't pick anything in Nintendo's biggest online game every is pretty sad, don't lie to yourselves. But yeah, you guys are right, we do have with friends. It's still a disappointment though, some time you just want to play someone you don't know, with your rules.

Azariel

Smash Rookie
Hopefully i don't get flamed for this *gulp* but i agree with hypno. I think hes being a bit childish and trying to piss people off in the way that he is saying it. But if there indeed is no way to customize game type such as 1v1 or stock match, it would be a huge disappointment. Hopefully Sakurai just didn't release that you can change game type and you actually can, but it just doesn't make sense for him to choose one game type and literally force it upon all who want to play online when there friends aren't up for a game. If my friends are on of course ill play with them, but what about that lonely Tuesday night when all my friends are studying and I have nothing to do? I HAVE to play time stock 4 for all? That would make me a sad panda =(

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
i suggest all the noobs that are complaining about 2nite's update..just give up on the online mode of brawl..go play one player

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
It's not super easy considering I can only have 64 friends. I was really looking to play flyinfilipino, usually I agree with him. I was looking forward to playing you too.
Back at ya! But perhaps maybe he's making it so you can have moe than 64 friends? I don't think that's been totally confirmed yet?

@Azariel: HE's talking about With Anyone, but With Friends, you can customiza all you want, I gather.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
So...what? Not only do we get incredibly crappy updates, but now we get news that he's not going to reveal any hidden characters now??

kaboom0190

Smash Rookie
This update wasn't so bad. He does go into a little more detail about the newcomers, and just how the Random Brawl works. Sure, its not a character, but its going to be coming out in about 2 months, and everyone will forget about the updates. Its a bit extreme how people are acting towards the online. Sure, Freind codes sucks, and it would be nice to have a little more fredom. But in the end, at least its free. Its just sort of funny how people are acting ("OMG! This update tells me that Random Brawl dosn't support rooms! My c**k just fell off and rolled under the couch!)

(I am no fanboy by far. I own a Xbox 360 with Halo 3 and Orange Box and what not. But Sony's products just don't appeal to me :)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anyone who's actually been convincing themselves that With Anyone was going to be any good is a fool. I've known since day one that With Anyone was going to be complete garbage. It'll be good for a quick laugh or an easy way to kill 5 minutes, but With Friends will easily trump it in every way, shape and form.

Unless you live under a rock or have the social skills of a tub of mayonaisse.

So as long as With Friends has the good features, then who cares? That's what everyone will be playing.

Except for that glob of mayonaisse under the rock over there.
Yeah, I don't want to fight anyone I don't know, especially if its a challenge & not what I'm used too!

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman

No, I'm right and your in denial. Not having rooms is just illogical. Rooms benifit everyone, and no one has yet to counter that.

Dude, no rooms is sad, and only having 64 friends is even worse. You don't get it, rooms help you and me a lot more than basic brawl just "helps" you.

Quit being in denial guys, having 2 min matches where you can't pick anything in Nintendo's biggest online game every is pretty sad, don't lie to yourselves. But yeah, you guys are right, we do have with friends. It's still a disappointment though, some time you just want to play someone you don't know, with your rules.

Dude wdf? Xbox live can only hold 100 FRIENDS...64 is great..and if ppl are inactive or arent good u can free up space on ur friends list wdf are u complainin about man...THERE IS NO NEED FOR ROOMS get that straight? wdf u want to look at ppls names while u wait??

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Here's something to consider.

Samshboards will most likely have a thread with all Brawl Codes in it. When you don't have enough room to add any more to your Friends List, delete one. Add another.

Let's say you want that old one back. Come here and add it again! Then we can all be happy! And then we'll play Brawl like no one was ever complaining!

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Here's something to consider.

Samshboards will most likely have a thread with all Brawl Codes in it. When you don't have enough room to add any more to your Friends List, delete one. And another.

Let's say you want that old one back. Come here and add it again! Then we can all be happy! And then we'll play Brawl like no one was ever complaining!
thats a good idea actually :)

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Hmm... you assuming I'm making an unclear judgment, I don't tend to point out others flaw unless they've done something to prove my point otherwise. And I've seen penetly of yours, my point is more how ridiculious pessimesstic you can seem to get and it's just as annoying as 'fanboys'.

I get the point however, I just don't see it happening so it's hardly worth going on about, Nintendo Wifi is extremely limited as far as you would compare to X-box LIVE. Better to accept it for what it is and deal with it. It's not being a fanboy, I don't always agree with Sakurai or Nintendo handling all the time either, it's merely accepting what it is.

To me it's not worth complaining about... however there are many here who have exaggrated there right to complain, even if that could exist.
I understand what your saying, and I'm most likely over exaggerating (I do need sleep). But I'm glad that at least you know that it's not that great and Nintendo doesn't always deliver. I'm sick and tired of fanboys saying everything we've gotten is perfect. No rooms is far from perfect.

i mean y need rooms if u cant even talk to anyone without mics or chat or anything?? wdf u need rooms for?
So you can pick the rules you want to play with... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
I was about to say that.

MKDS SUCKED for things like that. If you've ever played competitively, you know the feeling.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Dude wdf? Xbox live can only hold 100 FRIENDS...64 is great..and if ppl are inactive or arent good u can free up space on ur friends list wdf are u complainin about man...THERE IS NO NEED FOR ROOMS get that straight? wdf u want to look at ppls names while u wait??
I don't have an Xbox but 100 is more than 64 and with Xbox Live you know who your playing against even if their not your friend, so you can play them again later... Not to mention there's a ranking system... and rooms, it's not even comparable. And yeah, play the money card... look at Sony's online, just admit that Nintendo (and Sakurai) doesn't know what the hell they are doing when it comes to online because Nintendo doesn't deliver when it comes to online.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Haha u are missing a point. With anyone means u fight with someone u don't know. If u don't know that person he might like the rules u choose.

YoungGanondorf

Smash Rookie
I understand what your saying, and I'm most likely over exaggerating (I do need sleep). But I'm glad that at least you know that it's not that great and Nintendo doesn't always deliver. I'm sick and tired of fanboys saying everything we've gotten is perfect. No rooms is far from perfect.

So you can pick the rules you want to play with... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!
They don't have rooms so that parents don't worry about their kids talking with strangers. They want to make this game appeal to all the people they can.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
So I'm really hoping that one of the upcoming filler updates is:

Look! I've Increased The Number of Friends You Can Have!
Can you please tell me that you understand the benefits of rooms now, because I don't know how much more clear I can make it. You understand that rooms would make BOTH of us happier, right? Dude, we gotta play sometime... I can't wait to play everyone...

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Perspective please, people. Let's say you play Halo or Call of Duty 4 or Resistance online (popular games on supposedly advanced online systems). You play on the standard ranked server. Not a private match with your friends. Can you vote on a specific map? Can you vote to ban certain guns? Can you veto a game type if multiple are in rotation? Generally not.

I know that Halo has a way of skipping stuff, but haven't played it enough to know if you can continually or not. Call of Duty 4 lets you vote to skip a map, and if the vote passes you MUST play the replacement map/game type (or leave the game server). Resistance doesn't let you pick anything in ranked games, other than a general option of FFA, Team Deathmatch, or Team Objective.

We get to vote on the stage, vote on items, and likely a few other things. Generic games that people go to by default almost never have tons of customization. It makes it simpler so it doesn't confuse people. You wanna customize? FRIEND MATCHES. And room would not make sense (by which it'd be random people can join) as it'd only be three others. In FPS games you can have dozens, so it works. Not so much for a 4-person max per battle.

Not only is this fine, but we're getting more than the standard amount of choices. Friend matches will always be there for your 1 on 1, no items/particular items only, specific stage matches. So stop freaking out. It's amusing to watch idiotic behaviour to be sure, but it's getting old.

Top Bottom