• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
i knew it would have to do something with pokemon, there will be only one more new character announced (new , not from melee) and 2 more stages announced till brawls release.

Puffs

Smash Ace
So you jusy MIGHT get a CD from Mew and Celebi. So even if you get either one at all, you still might get nothing.

Yeah, expect to get a CD from them, like, once...

Dark Meta-Knight

Smash Apprentice
i knew it would have to do something with pokemon, there will be only one more new character announced (new , not from melee) and 2 more stages announced till brawls release.
Any idea what the new character is? Idea of the stages? I need answers!

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Well this is better than having seperate updates for each Poke.

I wonder when Sakurai plans to unveal the final newcomer for the site? Will he show unlockables once the game is out in Japan? Who will it be?

Hmmzor.....

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Where's the thread that has a list of things that are expected as updates? This is definitely on there.

Why can't we get something that we already know about too? He couldn't have tacked on the Gardevoir to give us something we "didn't" know about?

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
just remember....real men use items!
I thought real men didn't need to use items but could use them when they wanted to.

Well this is better than having seperate updates for each Poke.

I wonder when Sakurai plans to unveal the final newcomer for the site? Will he show unlockables once the game is out in Japan? Who will it be?

Hmmzor.....
Thats easy, it will be Ganondorf, then Game and Watch, just like Melee

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
naw sorry i have no idea what character and what stages. i can guess the last character will be someone that the fans are looking for.. and he stages i have no idea. i can only tell how many of what is left. for instance, theres only gonna be one mo pokemon ball related update now. and no more assist trophy updates. and no more item updates.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I think I know what I'm gonna be putting on each of my posts for the next, oh, two weeks at about 2:00AM. Knowing the caliber of these updates as of late?

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
naw sorry i have no idea what character and what stages. i can guess the last character will be someone that the fans are looking for.. and he stages i have no idea. i can only tell how many of what is left. for instance, theres only gonna be one mo pokemon ball related update now. and no more assist trophy updates. and no more item updates.
Ooh, how do you know? Or are you guessing? :)

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
its pretty simple actually, but il wait for 2 more updates to see if im right. also i wouldnt be surprised if we got another "technique" update tomrorow. that or stage or character.

also another video on SSE is probable

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Man, I was hoping for something better than this. But at least we know another way by which CDs will be acquired. Im all about gettin all the music in the game. Just got to go to brawl mode , then Item settings and put in only Pokeballs on high frequency.

Now about that 12th new character, when you goin to make the post Mr. Sakurai?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
its pretty simple actually, but il wait for 2 more updates to see if im right. also i wouldnt be surprised if we got another "technique" update tomrorow. that or stage or character.

also another video on SSE is probable
Wait lets just cover everything then I must be right. Don't listen to this idiot he knows nothing.

courte

Smash Lord
hmm
12 normal items
12 veteran chars
12 assist trophies
11 newcomers... hope theres no magic number

im well aware that there are over 12 stages...perhaps hes shooting to tell 16, 20, 24???

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
mic, before judging me, why dont you wait to see what happens in the next couple days? im not making any posts saying "i know the secret i know the secret!" and i like how you come out of nowhere saying "i know hes lying i know hes lying!". its a prediction thread fuker, if you dont think im right, instead of being a prick, say nothing.

anyways, ill give what i think the likeliness of the 4 things i stated earlier will happen

character- highly unlikely

stages - unlikely

video on SSE - likely

another post having something to do with the "technique" section - likely

i honestly dont give a **** if you believe me or not, but dont be an *** and start **** for no reason

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
this is the most exciting of unexciting updates in a long time. from now on im going to act like ssb never existed until feb 9 and hopefully there will be at least 1 interesting update I can really get excited.aka.bonar from. see you guys in forever morrow.
srsly good show kthxbai /hibernation

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
LOL all you angry people will be back tomorrow night and probably be angry again. its kinda funny how a website causes people to have such mood swings.

on topic, this update would be better if all of the old pokemon werent using models from pokemon stadium 2 on the n64. it works in the game but it sure makes for some ugly screenshots

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
I am not going to say this sucks. I am not going to say 'It's alright, but I'm not much of a Pokemon fan' like I often do. I'm just gonna sigh, lower my expectations so I will not be disapointed anymore and call it a day. I don't think we'll be getting a character anytime soon.

Emo mode, deactivate.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I like how this last 2 updates hae kicked the community in the balls.

"real men use items" "returning pokemon".

Accept it, Sakurai hates America.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
im not mad cuz even as the competitive player as i am i still enjoy having poke'battles with my nephews on melee... they can be quite hilarious... and my favorite poke'combo is back... no 2 poke'mon rack up dmg faster on a whole group than suicune and Ho-OH... suicune draws um in and Ho-OH lights um up, they are just win together...

edit no no Sakurai hates the world cuz everyone got the same update... but yah i agree at the lack in exciting updates

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I actually liked this update, c'mon people. I know we arnt getting 'epic updates' but there getting better. And you wouldnt want to know ALL the cool stuff, we still have a long while. We need something to look forword to. Like good updates. Lol.

You know its bad when you look 4word to what people say about the updates on the boards > the updates themselves...

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow i predict

well

item or how to play from previous installments

or a character update

again...............

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I call Isaac for tomorrow, it seems my reader was off a day...
We can always hope.

*SPOILERS* Your reader was me all along mwahahahaha!! *END SPOILERS*

(I really wanna believe this guy I really do. :()

M.K

Level 55
I am not going to say this sucks. I am not going to say 'It's alright, but I'm not much of a Pokemon fan' like I often do. I'm just gonna sigh, lower my expectations so I will not be disapointed anymore and call it a day. I don't think we'll be getting a character anytime soon.

Emo mode, deactivate.
Ok, IM A POKEMON FAN, and this still sucks ***. I don't think my exepectations can dip down any farther...

Sakurai's an *******.

Top Bottom