• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I am not going to say this sucks. I am not going to say 'It's alright, but I'm not much of a Pokemon fan' like I often do. I'm just gonna sigh, lower my expectations so I will not be disapointed anymore and call it a day. I don't think we'll be getting a character anytime soon.

Emo mode, deactivate.
Well, it's a good perspective to go with.

So...I'm going to predict that tomorrow's update won't be anything special at all.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
me predicts a final smash or maybe swimming....belive me,sakurai still has ALOT of filler updates to get outta the
way :p

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Swimming would suck so hard...

I predict either a SSE Video and Music or Zelda's Special moves or Final Smash for tomorrow.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
c falcon isnt going to be confirmed on the dojo cuz he will be unlockable, im tired of seeing this everywhere @_________________________@,

im guessing the update tomorrow will be a new pokeball pkmn, we havent had one in a while, ( altho it will most likely be some useless detailed explanation of something he already confirmed )
W00t i told you, and to metakirby, in my sig (which apaprantly is too big to fit in the sig space T_T ) there is kakashi and his partner obito

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
I predict the media will portray the Turks as the aggressors when they "intervene" in Northen Iraq tackling the PKK despite…

Uh, item/s. [Soccerball or Watch]

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, I wait for the update to be bad each night just to come on these boards and watch people complain about it so I don't feel like the only one. This has become a habit for most of us. If we all just accept that we won't be getting anymore good updates then we can just make a joke of it each night. More times than not, we'll get a crappy update and laugh about it and predict how crappy it'll be. In the off chance that it's an awesome one, we'll all just be shocked and excited. It's a win-win.

Zero expectations FTW!

I'm going to start off by predicting that tonight's update will be a useless and horrible update involving something we already know, don't care about, or didn't know but really don't like.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
I'm gonna skip the disappointment and just go to bed right now, see ya guys in the morning.
haha, no your not.:p

I did, and now that I see the update, I dont regret it. Its disappointing that theyre keeping all of those, I want to see a LOT of new pokemon, but that greatly lowers the chances.

M.K

Level 55
I think we'll be getting maybe a swimming and crawling double update this week. Probably tomorrow.

HOPEFULLY, we'll get a character by Friday. I'm starting to get bored with Dojo updates.
QFT, they don't get me excited for Super Smash Bros. Brawl any more. Of course, my excitement is at it's peak, but I'd rather my bladder be exploding from excitement then all these gay updates.

Yes, I said gay, sue me.

Jagged Do-Gooder

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
QFT, they don't get me excited for Super Smash Bros. Brawl any more. Of course, my excitement is at it's peak, but I'd rather my bladder be exploding from excitement then all these gay updates.

Yes, I said gay, sue me.
Well, don't get me wrong. I'm still just as stoked for Brawl as I was when I first saw the original trailer, but it's just that the updates lately have gone from just plain boring to near-unnecessary.

(Not gay.)

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Well, don't get me wrong. I'm still just as stoked for Brawl as I was when I first saw the original trailer, but it's just that the updates lately have gone from just plain boring to near-unnecessary.

(Not gay.)
you right.....but still the good stuff is on the underground of the junk,and Sakurai is sholving
it out of the way,so just wait.

BUT i can still see a character(or sometihng good lika a SSE video or stage)coming tomorrow
most of the characters were revealed on wendnesday(i think i wrote wrong...)
yeah i know there are no patterns...BUT HELL WE NEED SOMETHING GOOD!:dizzy:

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Meh...I totally called that this update would come today; so...no surprise.

I don't expect anything. It's just a countdown to Feb. 10th, anyway.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have been dissappointing with updates lately but someone produced a media article explaining the delay with Sakurai stating that there is more characters than anyone could imagine and more third party coming...

If true then that is awesome.
I just don't know why Sakurai won't release obvious characters like Luigi, Ganon, and Capt Falcon.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Luigi has been a secret unlockable character and always will be; Sakurai never has revealed anything unlockable until after the game has been released.

I suppose Ganondorf is in the same boat as Luigi.

Although, I'm expecting Captain Falcon any day now.

HOWEVER, EVERYONE:

Someone brought up a good point that even I had forgotten about:

Getting all these LAME, CRAPPY UPDATES out of the way means that we're going to have a LOT of GOOD ONES SOON. So just be patient. I am, starting from today. And I've gone back to looking forward to each update, no matter what it is.

Thank you Sakurai for updating the Smash Bros. Dojo!

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
What other boring updates could they put on?
Actually I'm waiting on Surround Sound update. Oh dear god I hope this game has Surround Sound support. I won't be able to live if it doesn't have it......................................

Just because I said be patient doesn't mean I can't laugh at these updates! XD

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
the updates have been subpar but I am just glad we get updates in the first place

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Luigi has been a secret unlockable character and always will be; Sakurai never has revealed anything unlockable until after the game has been released.

I suppose Ganondorf is in the same boat as Luigi.

Although, I'm expecting Captain Falcon any day now.

HOWEVER, EVERYONE:

Someone brought up a good point that even I had forgotten about:

Getting all these LAME, CRAPPY UPDATES out of the way means that we're going to have a LOT of GOOD ONES SOON. So just be patient. I am, starting from today. And I've gone back to looking forward to each update, no matter what it is.

Thank you Sakurai for updating the Smash Bros. Dojo!

Indeed. They've got the crappy old Pokemon out of the way now, so thats good. :chuckle:

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
i would much rather find out who is in by playing and unlocking so we have that "Whoa!" factor while playing.

I think Snake and Sonic are both unlockable along with some of the characters already shown, which ones i dont know. Melee has 21 characters and we have seen close to that. Some of these hafe to be unlockable, just dont know which ones.

I would guess we will get atr least one more character update, only because there is one more spot under the newcomers missing.

I wanna see Luigi and Falcon as an update, but their probly unlockables, so I dont expect to see them.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
i have an theory....

on fighting games whem a character is unlockable and the next game he isn't anymore so he will never be
unlockable again.

so me thinks C.falcon is a starter.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
man these updates have been boring and dull . I looked at t this morning before skool and then on my way back i couldnt even remeber what it was untill i got home and flip ssum channels on my v and saw pokemon on. gah just give us two awesome updates a week for us to chew on please seriously last 2-3 weeks have been blah. Im excited as ever about brawl as we get closer to the release date AGAIN! but these kind of updates kinda drainn sum of that excitment. I remeber a few months ago when we were getting amazing updaes every friday and i think october was like the best month ever! oh well probably a stage or sumthing tmrw.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
POKEBALLS FOR LAST NIGHT! HAAAAAAAA!

I CALLED IT.

First time I was right.

Now I'm going to predict waffles for tonight's updates. Or celibacy.

Smooth Criminal

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have been dissappointing with updates lately but someone produced a media article explaining the delay with Sakurai stating that there is more characters than anyone could imagine and more third party coming...

If true then that is awesome.
I just don't know why Sakurai won't release obvious characters like Luigi, Ganon, and Capt Falcon.
Where is said article?

I wanna take a gander at it!

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i definately think olimar will be announced tomorrow, i though he was gonna be todays updat, but i was proven wring. so he has to be tomorrow...

right?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
About all of the NSider forums thought Monday was gonna be Krystal because they had such hard evidence.

I think Olimar is gonna be unlockable, and since he's first party, I think they'll keep him till after January 24th.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
About all of the NSider forums thought Monday was gonna be Krystal because they had such hard evidence.

I think Olimar is gonna be unlockable, and since he's first party, I think they'll keep him till after January 24th.
Krystal is probably coming soon; Sakurai just loves to throw boring updates at us and surprise everyone when no ones paying attention/expecting it.

Top Bottom