• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Monday's update: "Surprise, we tricked you, today really is the US release date! Hahaha, we got you good!"

Yeah, I wish :(

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
but if sakurai does decide to be a jerk someone might sue him for being disapointed : )

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
that would make me faint and id fall into a deep sleep until february 10
(suddenly realises that that would make buying it on wiiware pointless.)

csir

Smash Apprentice
Check this dumba$$ trying to be smart... It's the 1st where he stays.
Why else would he claim it's the 1st? [Note I haven't actually bothered to check, just seems dumb to say it's the 1st when it's not, he's probably hours ahead of us all in time.]

EDIT: LOOOL NVM it's 2am there in his time, time & Date.com ftw.
Wow totally backfired Lmao @ this f@g

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
Todays music= 1337

Ive been watching the videos from E For All, and I keep beleiving more and more about a playable demo for Brawl, wheter it is release Dec 3 or later. I see no reason why Sakurai could let us preview the demo from E For All. Still, its just wishful thinking.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, why does anybody care about stage updates anymore? I was hoping they'd keep Final D in Brawl so we could have a fair and level playing field, I was hoping for Dreamland for a big stage with platforms, etc. Then when they revealed the stage builder, who gives a crap anymore? Everyone just wants stages for sentimental reasons. You can create a stage however you like and add whatever music you like. So whatever reasons you have to see certain stages return, it isn't the music and the structural design (cuz then you'd be satisfied with the stage builder), so then it must be sentimental reasons like "cuz I played it so much in Melee or 64..." or "because it has a Pokemon symbol!"

So anybody complaining about returning stages or hoping for specific new ones has to just admit that it's simply for dumb reasons like symbols, colors, backgrounds, etc.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

There is hope for Isaac, Sora, (I cant believe it wasnt a DUH Sonic was in cause a guy from Sonic team who works on the NiGHTS games is working on Brawl), and Dr. Mario's return!

HOPE I TELL YOU!!!!
You're... joking, right? Cause by that logic, there's a chance for someone from Digital Pinball and Wild ARMS as playable... along with Streets of Rage.

Weed

Smash Lord
Dude. How many people would S**t their pants if Dr. Mario was the update for Dec. 3rd.
LOL. People who knew he was out would be like "WTF" *CRAPs their Pants*
Doc Lovers would be like "YEAH!" *CRAPs their pants.
This sounds alot like the Pokemon Trainer update.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
Honestly, why does anybody care about stage updates anymore? I was hoping they'd keep Final D in Brawl so we could have a fair and level playing field, I was hoping for Dreamland for a big stage with platforms, etc. Then when they revealed the stage builder, who gives a crap anymore? Everyone just wants stages for sentimental reasons. You can create a stage however you like and add whatever music you like. So whatever reasons you have to see certain stages return, it isn't the music and the structural design (cuz then you'd be satisfied with the stage builder), so then it must be sentimental reasons like "cuz I played it so much in Melee or 64..." or "because it has a Pokemon symbol!"

So anybody complaining about returning stages or hoping for specific new ones has to just admit that it's simply for dumb reasons like symbols, colors, backgrounds, etc.
Maybe...eventually you'll get...I don't know BORED of stage builder?
I don't see who would but...

And maybe someone won't be able to make a stage as good as some of the others?

I'll use Stage Builder A LOT I know that for sure, but I sure as hell want normal stages too.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Maybe...eventually you'll get...I don't know BORED of stage builder?
I don't see who would but...

And maybe someone won't be able to make a stage as good as some of the others?

I'll use Stage Builder A LOT I know that for sure, but I sure as hell want normal stages too.
Good point, but the UNcreative people can just download one from Nintendo!

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
Good point, but the UNcreative people can just download one from Nintendo!
Ok..

Imagine smash Brothers with nothing but Custom stages...

You'd have friends come over and they may not like the stages you built..

To bad, they'd have to deal with it or make there own.

Which would take up TIME.

If your wanting to get straight to a Brawl or a quick match..Wouldn't selecting regular stages be a bit easier?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Dude, Im working on a new Comic. Iwata, Sakurai and Miyamoto are the main characters. Lawl.
lol I will be interested to see the nothing that becomes of this awesome sounding project. :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I am going to go with the thread's initial mening, and predict something XD

I predict.... For Dec. 3rd's Update will be......
A Character Update, More specifically, a Newcomer.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
I am going to go with the thread's initial mening, and predict something XD

I predict.... For Dec. 3rd's Update will be......
A Character Update, More specifically, a Newcomer.
how about BRATZ....i love their movie
any way i would like to see one of them as a character

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
Following how these patterns work, the following updates will feature older Melee stages. I have reason to believe that these updates aren't made constantly, but rather they made a large batch of them throughout production.
"We finished Hyrule Temple."
"Good. Take some pictures for the blog, we'll throw it out in a slow week."

Ever notice how updates following characters always feature them for something or another? That's because now they can use them and have access to a clump of off-the-shelf updates.

"If we release 'John', we can do his stage, his moves, these items we have pictures of him using, and show more of the selection screens because his face is on there. Heck, we even have a trophy gallery with him in there for an off-day."
"We're down to colored costumes, Man...Release John before they start picketing."

You can only squeeze these plain updates out so long before the tub runs out.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'd crap myself if it was just a character update, let alone Doctor Mario. Lol.

At any rate, I still predict a Pokeball update. Sorry FVD (Freaky Voice Dude), but "Mindgames" Masahiro Sakurai has alot to squeeze out of the tub yet.

Smooth Criminal

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice

There is hope for Isaac, Sora, (I cant believe it wasnt a DUH Sonic was in cause a guy from Sonic team who works on the NiGHTS games is working on Brawl), and Dr. Mario's return!

HOPE I TELL YOU!!!!
Honestly, that is hopeless, just because they worked on music in a certain game doesnt mean that those games will be involved, and if at all they will just be stages or alternate stage music.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, that is hopeless, just because they worked on music in a certain game doesnt mean that those games will be involved, and if at all they will just be stages or alternate stage music.
They could invite John Williams to do the main theme of Brawl...that wouldn't mean Luke Skywalker was in.
it's just fun to get Koji Kondo working on somebody else's piece. To see how the creator of super MArio's music transforms the music he's given.
This game is more than characters. It's getting people with different fields of expertise to make the best game possible.

Top Bottom