• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Let's stay on topic, people.

This update was great to me. And the song caught me off-guard.

But... They really didn't try to improve the graphics at all for Temple :urg:
It's just a part of the retro look...

And the only reason it looks worse to some is probably because the new models clash against the old background...

AIM0001

Smash Lord
D@mn CHARCTER DROUGHT NOT OVER!! Ok that was the only negative thing I had to say but anyway I loved this update today. A good way to end November. Temple needed to come back. We need some big stages to be in here besides Final Destination. But I wish they couldv'e shown atleast 1 more Melee stage comeback. But I think Sakuari(Sorry if I spelt his name wrong) only showed one becuase there may only be like 5 Melee stages coming back. Kinda like how in Melee only about 5 n64 stages came back(I think correct me if I'm wrong). But all in all good update. Bye November and HI December I know these updates are goin to get better.:chuckle:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You know they're gonna bring back the Great Fox/Corneria stage again.

Smooth Criminal
I just said that....
I see Corneria, Fountain of dreams, and Yoshi's Island(Yoshi's Island :p) returning!
Plus the original Mushroom Kingdom, original Zebes(cept no Ridley in the back) and Saffron City from 64!!
And InvincibleAgent, can u get some pics of these?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You know they're gonna bring back the Great Fox/Corneria stage again.

Smooth Criminal
Oh, no. Don't start with that **** again! :laugh:

In all seriousness, though, I'd like to see Pokefloats make a comeback. That stage was fun, especially for getting those humiliating kills. Ever see a mofo bounce off a Pokemon, forget to tech, and not have a second jump? Too funny.

Smooth Criminal

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Lol @ this idiot trying to be smart.. check the date Dumba$$
Check this dumba$$ trying to be smart... It's the 1st where he stays.
Why else would he claim it's the 1st? [Note I haven't actually bothered to check, just seems dumb to say it's the 1st when it's not, he's probably hours ahead of us all in time.]

EDIT: LOOOL NVM it's 2am there in his time, time & Date.com ftw.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Temple is the worst stage ever, seriously. The only positive way to look at this is the consideration of other Melee stages -- which we already knew would happen anyway. More than 3 stages returning would be nice, since I'm not particularly thrilled with Temple taking up one of 3 slots if it IS just 3 melee stages. I realize the development team knows that scrubs like Temple a lot, so that's why they brought it in, but they had to have realized how ridiculous the camping and ceiling bouncing is in that stage.

Really, the only stage that's worse than Hyrule Temple is Flatzone.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
It's an awesome stage...

...for people that play with items turned to very high, 99 stock, with 4 players.

I had already said that it's an awesome stage for scrubs, but with everything else in consideration, it's just a terrible stage with huge inbalance issues. High % -> run away to the bottom section -> live to a ridiculous %. This stage was completely advantageous to Fox/Falco, a perfect camping stage for them, and even with Fox's laser being nerfed in Brawl, there's still characters such as Pit that could employ this tactic.

Ah well, at least I don't have to worry about playing on it. :p

courte

Smash Lord
**** i guess no one plays smash to just... have fun anymore and i mean the joking around with friends crazy matches fun

CommanderC00L

Smash Cadet
OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG LAST TEMPLE MUSIC?!?!

I swear im going to cream myself right @#$%ing now... I know all the other NES Zelda fans are going to too X_X

Hyrule Temple in Melee was hella sweet, stop bashing on it you communists =/

Perfect level for friendly games IMO.

BTW I love this update.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
**** i guess no one plays smash to just... have fun anymore and i mean the joking around with friends crazy matches fun
I think almost everybody liked the Temple at one point.

But, I realized a long time ago that Temple is just NOT a good stage to play in. There's a lot of fun stages I like such as Mute City and Pokefloats, as well as obviously all the neutral stages, but Temple/Flatzone/Icicle Mountain/Yoshi's Story 64 are bad, and I think everybody can at least agree that Icicle Mountain is terrible and shouldn't ever return in any shape or form.

There IS a way to have fun without Hyrule Temple. :p

Cless

Smash Champion
I love Hyrule Temple, but I recognize it's a bad stage. I go there in friendlies a lot. I'm happy that it's back, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a poorly designed stage from a tournament stand point.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

But, I realized a long time ago that Temple is just NOT a good stage to play in. There's a lot of fun stages I like such as Mute City and Pokefloats, as well as obviously all the neutral stages, but Temple/Flatzone/Icicle Mountain/Yoshi's Story 64 are bad, and I think everybody can at least agree that Icicle Mountain is terrible and shouldn't ever return in any shape or form.

NOPE!!!!!..
IC MT. was awesome!!

Sasha

Smash Journeyman

At least you like Mute City and Pokefloats, but come on! Hyrule Temple had/has almost every possible playing surface you could want. Plus, it's fun to screw with people. Tournaments are good for improving technical skill, but wants the point of having a game unless you're going to have some fun with it?

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
At least you like Mute City and Pokefloats, but come on! Hyrule Temple had/has almost every possible playing surface you could want. Plus, it's fun to screw with people. Tournaments are good for improving technical skill, but wants the point of having a game unless you're going to have some fun with it?
Assumption #390839020 that tourney players don't have fun. :ohwell:

Anyway, this is beginning to drift off-topic.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Hmmm, aside from Temple, what more stages will we see?

Fountain of dreams is a must imo. And c'mon Temple is awesome, Super Sudden Death on temple is FUN :p
Smashing someone away only to have him bouncing around the stage like a pinball in a pinball machine is hilarous, especially when he after gets pummeled into every corner of the stage still flies away:p

But tbh, I want some N64 stages, Hyrule castle please! Oh and Dream land, those were my favourite stages.

Top Bottom