• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Zorya

Smash Ace
I seriously doubt that Dec. 3 will bring something exciting. I think you all are getting your hopes up for a loss cause.

spindash

Smash Ace
I'm actually a little upset. Not with returning stages themselves, but that Hyrule Temple has to be one. It's a great stage and all, but whenever I play with my friends, every time somebody just automatically goes straight for it. So now they're just gonna do it again in Brawl. I like playing more than just Hyrule Temple and Final Destination. Nothing against them, but come on people, variety. But again, this is just a problem I have, you guys may not.

I agree with the statement there should have been a few more returning stages shown.

I'm also a little disappointed there will be no stages from SSB64:

"But we wanted to do more, so we’ve brought back a number of stages that appeared in the last game."

All that aside, I really do like this update.
...really now. You think that confirms that the SSB64 stages got the boot? :p Remember what was in Super Smash Bros. Melee? CLASSIC 64 STAGES! Whoopee. And those counts as stages that appeared in, "the last game."

Think about that. Some of those SSB64 stages will likely return.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't displeased with this update. The remix threw me off a bit, but once Temple kicked in, I was like... oh good. Some music that I don't dislike.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I see Corneria, Fountain of dreams, and Yoshi's Island(Yoshi's Island :p) returning!
Plus the original Mushroom Kingdom, original Zebes(cept no Ridley in the back) and Saffron City from 64!!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Heh, it's nice to see it back, but I am expecting quite alot of disapprove for this...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I hope Kirby 64 returns, that was my fav stage ever.

When the heading said Melee Stages, and you saw a pic of Hyrule Temple, did anyone else expect to see other stages along with it?

I with that if they bring a stage back for a return, they gave it a graphical update.

Cless

Smash Champion
You know, right after I start Zelda II and find out that the Hyrule Temple music is from that game, he updates it on the dojo.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
The update itself is quite good, but I am very disappointed that November has come and died with not a single character update. Not a single one. This is without precedent, and when hype should be CLIMBING for the game, instead mine is weakening.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yeah, ya now wat I just noticed?
What if Zebes and Dream Land from 64 are stages, it'll be weird being Dedede or Ridley if they're in the backround:psycho:

Sorry for the spelling errors! :p

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! *coughs.*

Not a bad update at all. Not worth staying up for, but still. I think it's cool that Sakurai is going to be bringing back some old favorites.

I still want my **** waffles.

Smooth Criminal

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by spindash

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCripe119
I'm actually a little upset. Not with returning stages themselves, but that Hyrule Temple has to be one. It's a great stage and all, but whenever I play with my friends, every time somebody just automatically goes straight for it. So now they're just gonna do it again in Brawl. I like playing more than just Hyrule Temple and Final Destination. Nothing against them, but come on people, variety. But again, this is just a problem I have, you guys may not.

I agree with the statement there should have been a few more returning stages shown.

I'm also a little disappointed there will be no stages from SSB64:

"But we wanted to do more, so we’ve brought back a number of stages that appeared in the last game."

All that aside, I really do like this update.
...really now. You think that confirms that the SSB64 stages got the boot? :p Remember what was in Super Smash Bros. Melee? CLASSIC 64 STAGES! Whoopee. And those counts as stages that appeared in, "the last game."

Think about that. Some of those SSB64 stages will likely return.

How many 64 Stages were in Melee? 3. So we have 3 that appeared in the "last" game that originated in the first game. So at most, going by the wording, we get 3 SSB64 stages.

For the record, I hope you're right and that it's just poor wording.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I'm so glad this is back, I look forward to this game, best update for me so far!!!!!!! ='D

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Let's stay on topic, people.

This update was great to me. And the song caught me off-guard.

But... They really didn't try to improve the graphics at all for Temple :urg:

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Let's stay on topic, people.

This update was great to me. And the song caught me off-guard.

But... They really didn't try to improve the graphics at all for Temple :urg:
That's because its a replica of Gamecube graphics just like they did the N64 stages in Melee.

Top Bottom