• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

i rise

Smash Apprentice
Why do you people find this update exciting? It SUCKED! It definitely didn't make up for the whole month.
the same reason people liked the 64 throwback stages in melee.

just because it's a different game doesn't mean you can't use new characters with new techniques on your favorite stages. i really really hope some 64 stages come back. even ones that weren't in melee like hyrule castle and saffron city.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
HOW CAN I NOT BE PUMPED FOR THIS UPDATE!

Wonderful, Wonderful update. FLATZONE, PLEASE RETURN!

And how about a 2nd Battlefield, with the Melee background?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
LAME LAME LAME update. Nice to see Temple return but he could have at least focused on 1 or 2 more stages from Melee if he's gonna name the update Melee Stages.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
It's one of those obvious updates, who's even doubting past stages will make an appearance? I don't think it makes up for a whole month of again obvious updates.
well its been december 1st for about 3 hours counting 12:00. so this has nothing to do with november. you are so ungrateful.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually a little upset. Not with returning stages themselves, but that Hyrule Temple has to be one. It's a great stage and all, but whenever I play with my friends, every time somebody just automatically goes straight for it. So now they're just gonna do it again in Brawl. I like playing more than just Hyrule Temple and Final Destination. Nothing against them, but come on people, variety. But again, this is just a problem I have, you guys may not.

I agree with the statement there should have been a few more returning stages shown.

I'm also a little disappointed there will be no stages from SSB64:

"But we wanted to do more, so we’ve brought back a number of stages that appeared in the last game."

All that aside, I really do like this update.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Hope they bring back Final Destination.
Um, I'm sure they'll recreate Final Destination with better graphics, in Subspace.

well its been december 1st for about 3 hours counting 12:00. so this has nothing to do with november. you are so ungrateful.
I know that wasn't directed at me, but FYI, it's November 30. Check the update itself.

courte

Smash Lord
Yeah Im not so impressed with Hyrule castle. To be honest I prefered Link's castle stage in SSB64. But Hyrule castle is only one of the stages coming back. I hope Onett and Pokemon Stadium 1 make it in. The more levels the merrier right? Good update IMO.
cheater!!!

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
It's one of those obvious updates, who's even doubting past stages will make an appearance? I don't think it makes up for a whole month of again obvious updates.
Yea I agree.

thanks vesperview you've shown me... who should be on my ignore list
Sorry you're too ignorant and stubborn to accept another person's conflicting opinion without having to block it.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Here is my prediction now...

THE RETURN OF ICICLE MOUNTAIN...

you just wait...

I'm looking forward to the return of some 64 stages more actually...though I'm doubting the ones I want will be in...

Hyrule Temple (Is that what the 64 stage was called?) and Saffron City FTW!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Today is November 30th.

I'm glad the Temple is back. My favorite stage.

I still want Captain Falcon's update. Monday!

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I'm glad old stages are returning (not unexpected)...but I am regrettful of that dreaded Temple stage...

Chasing people down all over the screen and the pit of death FTL...

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Yep, thats the only Melee stage were getting out of Sakurai. The rest will have to be unlocked after the games release. So speculate away, but dont expect any answers anytime soon.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
It's funny how bad this stage looked graphic-wise compared to the new ones. The lighting effects sucked!

But about the 64 stages... he didn't specifically say he wasn't adding them. So don't say they won't be in.

vesperview

Smash Hero
i never said MELEE Stages wont be in brawl smart ***. im just happy to see this update unlike some ungrateful people.
Why should I care about you liking the update? Please stop contradicting my dislike for this obvious update, cause you're just wasting your time, if the Mushroom item got confirmed tomorrow, I bet you'll throw a party.:p

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
My favorite stage was released just after I finished a good run of Twilight Princess wearing my Zelda t-shirt.

What more could I ask for? (Besides Marina or Megaman)

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Why should I care about you liking the update? Please stop contradicting my dislike for this obvious update, cause you're just wasting your time, if the Mushroom item got confirmed tomorrow, I bet you'll throw a party.:p
im not wasting my time i do not have much of a life so i got my whole life to waste >_>.:p:psycho:

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
Certainly not the greatest update, especially given the stage we were shown. But it's been an O.K. week, so I expected something lame today.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow, Hyrule Temple was quite a significant stage back in Melee. Probably gonna be banned in Brawl the same anyway, but cool.

Really nice music arrangement though.

Top Bottom