• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Zorya

Smash Ace
Events....a true classic.

I hope there's an event 32, where you have to race Sonic. That is whats up.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Right. That means we have THREE Kirby reps starting. Impressive.

Anyway, this update is shweet! Not only can they be harder, but hopefully longer!

BTW, the first event in Melee was Trouble King, right?
Yes, this is true. Alot of the events seem to be similar, but I'm sure there's a ton more.

Also two questions:

How many events do you think there will be?

Who else thinks hard is the new normal?(instead of normal being normal)
I'm basing this off the fact that normal mode has half a smash symbol and hard mode has the Standard and full smash symbol. This would make sense since nintendo is all for streamlined games for children and old people.(and *******). And in the update itself Sakurai suggests that "A harder setting is probably more exciting".

WTFXUP?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
guys, Dedede will probably still be unlockable. Pichu, Falco, Mewtwo: all characters in Melee it was possible to play against/with in Event mode BEFORE you unlocked them for the regular game.

Dither

Smash Apprentice
So there are at least 50 events, perhaps 100.

Note the boxes at the top? The first box shows the first 5 events, at the least. If we go by melee, where events were unlocked 10 at a time, that brings us to 100 events.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
And unless there's a Three Trouble Kings in an unlockable event later on in Brawl, that would mean King K. Rool is deconfirmed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
guys, Dedede will probably still be unlockable. Pichu, Falco, Mewtwo: all characters in Melee it was possible to play against/with in Event mode BEFORE you unlocked them for the regular game.
They aren't in event mode

Darkraid

Smash Champion

Nope u gotta unlock them 1st before u play that event match, remember?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
anybody else notice that there have been a flurry of game mode updates lately? not saying it's bad, just pointing it out.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Maybe not...i'm pretty sure you fought pikachu or falco or something before he was actually unlocked, and wasn't it technically possible to play event 51 before unlocking Mewtwo? I'm pretty sure you can face off against unlockables in event matches.
Nope. You'd start with Event matches 1-10. Beat like 8 of those and you unlock 10-20. Beat 8 of those, plus unlock a few certain characters, and you get 20-30. Same, unlocking a few more certain characters, for 30-40. Unlock the remaining characters for 40-50. Beat all 1-50 of the Event matches for Event 51.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Maybe not...i'm pretty sure you fought pikachu or falco or something before he was actually unlocked, and wasn't it technically possible to play event 51 before unlocking Mewtwo? I'm pretty sure you can face off against unlockables in event matches.
True, but then again this is the FIRST event match. Most likely, Dedede is a starter. This makes me wonder about how many of the revealed characters are starters. I thought Dedede was definitely going to be an unlockable. Besides the 3rd party characters, who else on the dojo could be unlockable?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You would have a point, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE DEMONS!!!!
*hums dramatic music*

hmm, I wonder what the tank one in the back is???!?
Darkraid, ressurect Ridley? Or resurrect your self??
Choose wisely.....:evil:

I think, maybe some events will give you UNLIMITED FINAL SMASHES!!!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
So this pretty much confirmed Bomb-Fest again... hopefully. It's gonna be awesome with all the new bombs they have.

Along with... whatever the name of the one with Captain Falcon. Him and Sonic racing = Awesomeness.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Idea:
Event 24:Break all the blocks!
Break all the (mario brick style) blocks in 10 seconds?!?
To beat, you must find a secret Smash ball, and BLOW THEM BLOCKS UP!!!!

Zorya

Smash Ace
I call tomorrow for a SPECIAL Moves update.

Yeah Event 44, Samus and Link vs. Dark Samus and Dark Link.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Am I the only one who saw this post?

QFT. Completely.
Trouble king 3: player:Diddy kong
Against:Bowser,King Dedede, K.Rool!
Cripes! Why are there so many selfish kings!*

*future quote from Sakurai:laugh:

I think Luigi's pretty much confirm too ya? There's a Mario bros match.
Where? In Brawl? Which pic?
P.S. He's confirmed anyway by me!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
D@mn this is the best update for the month of November! Proud to say that. This the kind of $hit we wanna see. It's already looking betta than Melee's event mode. Hopefully there will be more events and ones that are challenging and orginal not just having you doing the same thing over and over. I'm glad to see this update and I can't wait till Friday's and the rest of Novembers. It just may get better.....It just may.......

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Where? In Brawl? Which pic?
P.S. He's confirmed anyway by me!
The guy giving an interview before E for All let slip that Luigi was in it. But we all knew he was anyway. When describing somehting about Brawl, I believe he said something like "we got Mario, Luigi........."

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I take that guy's words with a huge grain of salt. I know Luigi's in brawl, but I don't think that guy knows that much.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
D@mn this is the best update for the month of November! Proud to say that. This the kind of $hit we wanna see. It's already looking betta than Melee's event mode. Hopefully there will be more events and ones that are challenging and orginal not just having you doing the same thing over and over. I'm glad to see this update and I can't wait till Friday's and the rest of Novembers. It just may get better.....It just may.......
What scares me is that theory of 3 characters every other month.....
Sakurai can't be predicted!!! THIS GOES AGAINST LOGIC!!!
WHAT HAPPENS IF THIS IS PROVEN!?????
RIDLEY/KRYSTAL/DARK SAMUS/GENO/NEW CHARACTER FRIDAY!!!
or else..............

AIM0001

Smash Lord
What scares me is that theory of 3 characters every other month.....
Sakurai can't be predicted!!! THIS GOES AGAINST LOGIC!!!
RIDLEY/KRYSTAL/DARK SAMUS/GENO/NEW CHARACTER FRIDAY!!!
or else..............

Yeah I don't believe in that theory. Just whatever happens just happens. So a character may be possible, or it may not. But chances are looking good for a charcter tomorrow. It's time to end the charcter drought that Iv'e been talking about for quite some time now. TIME TO END IT!!!

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I argee. This is the 5th week without a new char confirmation. This week by far, has been great. All of which are stuff we doesn't know. I think Sakurai must have gotten this E For All stuff out of the way.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If its proven......Sakurai will finally be figured out....we will just predict EVERY update.....

And honestly...We need to end teh DROUGHT! Too long....dying of boredom....
don't break the good updates streak..

Finally, does anybody believe the "starting roster" will be revealed the 15th of Dec.??

Boofer

Smash Ace
I don't know if I believe in that theory anymore. I'm thinking we might get only one newcomer to finish off the newcomer list on the dojo and all of the starter characters. I find it funny that right before we reached 24, he stopped. I'm beginning to think that all of the others after that will def. be unlockables, and won't be revealed until nearer to the release date. If we get a previously secret character like luigi or ganondorf in december then disregard this post, as I predict those two will be unlockable again.

Top Bottom