• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Friday shall be an AT update. That or something even more boring.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
No, the first special moves update was for all the n00bs. The second one was for everyone in general and MK. MK couldn't be the ONLY starter character who wasn't given a special moves update before the game's release. It just wouldn't be fair.

Listen, we all knew it was coming, and we all prayed that it wouldn't take up a whole day on its own.
Well, it came, it was very indepth, it gave us all four of his moves, and there was another (music) update coupled with it to give us something else to toy with. He didn't give us this on a Friday so we have a big update to look forward to tomorrow, and overall it was the best update we've gotten all week. So cheer the hell up right now. All of you. It could have been way worse.

And as for Zelda's dB, I think we will see it, but only when/if Sheik is revealed. You're right that we won't get it with Zelda's moveset (unless Sheik is revealed at a prior date).

Here's how I see it played out in my head: I think Sheik's update will come, then later Zelda and/or Sheik's complete special moves update will come, a special "Zelda/Sheik's dB ONLY" update might come along later (much like PT's), and the conjoined dB probably find a home in both Zelda's character page and Sheik's character page.
finally someone who makes sense!

well tomorrow a forsee a big-ish update probably a stage though a game mode or item update is possible

Burnsro

Smash Cadet
Tomorrow's update will be an Assist Trophy.

And guessing further it will be one that was already in the demo at E for All.

burrito

Smash Lord
There's been a stage every week since New Pork City. On the other hand, it's really about time for a character update. I wonder if they're going to break that pattern?

As for what the character update would be, I would actually like it to be Captain Falcon. This game won't be complete without him and I wouldn't mind taking a break from newcomers. It could still be a newcomer, maybe Captain Olimar since it's Shigeru Miyamoto's birthday, but that would go against my Animal Crossing theory, which is starting to look less and less likely.

Also, the Megaman anniversary event is supposed to be on Sunday. Is it possible that we get a Megaman update on Monday instead, or maybe even tomorrow?

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
At least it came with a music update. Hopefully tonights will sum up the week with a bang, not a bust.

I desperately want to say character update :(

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
This week has been pretty bad. I don't believe that it could get worse, so any update should fit. Even if it sucks, it should still be better than Handicap... A character would be great, or a stage. I'm up for either one.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I keep hearing everyone say:

"there's no character update"
"where's the character update?"
"I want a character update!"
"character update?"

When technically we DID get a "character" update. Meta Knight's Special Moves is a "character" update no matter how crappy it is.

I bring this up because people are starting to annoy the crap out of me and it goes along with Sakurai's pattern.

Masahiro Sakurai has given EVERY SINGLE WEEK at least ONE "character" update. Meaning there's been at least one red update every week. With that said, friday isn't necessarily a "character" update because he's already done one for this week (MK's SMs). So if anything we're more likely to see an Assist Trophy (i.e. Captain Olimar). We COULD get lucky with a "character" update from someone else.

It's very annoying to see the term "character" update used so loosely around it being an actual CHARACTER being added to the roster when it SHOULD mean that we're getting one RED update which is an UPDATE on one of the CHARACTERS. NOT an actual character.

Want a new character? SAY "A new character"

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord

"character update?"

When technically we DID get a "character" update. Meta Knight's Special Moves is a "character" update no matter how crappy it is.

I bring this up because people are starting to annoy the crap out of me and it goes along with Sakurai's pattern.

Masahiro Sakurai has given EVERY SINGLE WEEK at least ONE "character" update. Meaning there's been at least one red update every week. With that said, friday isn't necessarily a "character" update because he's already done one for this week (MK's SMs). So if anything we're more likely to see an Assist Trophy (i.e. Captain Olimar). We COULD get lucky with a "character" update from someone else.

It's very annoying to see the term "character" update used so loosely around it being an actual CHARACTER being added to the roster when it SHOULD mean that we're getting one RED update which is an UPDATE on one of the CHARACTERS. NOT an actual character.

We all know what it means, he broke the pattern. Don't try and be technical and stupid. Your logic is as good as you predicting Captain Olimar will be a AT.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman

"character update?"

dont act dumb because you know what they mean by that....

worldjem7

Smash Ace
We all know what it means, he broke the pattern. Don't try and be technical and stupid. Your logic is as good as you predicting Captain Olimar will be a AT.
A) I'm TELLING you he's continuing the pattern or maybe you didn't quite understand what I wrote. He did not break the pattern. I dare you to ask me for proof.

B) Please, good sir, explain to me how being technical has anything to do with being stupid?

C) Logic? What logic? I'm stating FACTS. If you go onto www.smashbros.com and you look at the home page (not the language select page) what does it say in the top left-hand corner of the window? It says "CHARACTER" and what happens when we get a Final Smash or a Special Moves update? They are put into the CHARACTER'S section because it is a CHARACTER update. Again, I dare you to ask me for proof.

And I can predict anything I want. Just because you're an Olimar fanboy doesn't mean that there's no possibility for him to be an Assist Trophy

dont act dumb because you know what they mean by that....
What in the world are you talking about? I never said I didn't know what they meant. I'm saying it's very annoying to what they refer to when their terminology encompasses more than just "a new character added to the roster". Also, that people should start to consider Final Smashes and Special Moves as CHARACTER updates because they are.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
After going with the "serious touch" of the Halberd for the Kirby stage, I’m now thinking that maybe this overly peppy song is a little incongruous
Incongruous?
Sakurai makes me feel inferior with his knowledge of big words.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Feel inferior? To Bill Gates? Who dropped out of High School?
Other then with Business sense no one that passed High School should feel inferior to that.
Oh, and in honor of Miyamoto's B Day I vote a character veteran... thing.
Yeah, since it's going to be Shigeru Miyamoto's birthday tomorrow (and my own! ;) ), I would also say something related to Mr. Miyamoto; perhaps something Mario-related.

If I wasn't sure that tomorrow's update would be a stage, then I'd say a character Mr. Miyamoto created would be the update, like Captain Olimar, or Muddy from Mole Mania.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Hmm I might go with a Sonic stage update for today instead of my usual Ridley just to shake things up...

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
We still have Falcon left over for a character update, curious how they update him look and move wise. Then, the pattern of his stage, all these moves and mode features with him in the picture, etc.

My other half...for some, sick reason...Wants Krystal in despite me being a Fox nut for ages who never liked the character from day one. My sparring partner and team mate for years now is Falco. If both of them make it in, somehow it turned out that we ARE the Starfox team. He's a jerk, I'm a Boy Scout, she's a gamer skank. We fit the parts.

So, in short, Starfox updates are welcome.

GenKyro

Smash Rookie
Personally i really don't care as long as its something really good. this last week has been terrible. I say we get something to tide us over

tirkaro

Smash Champion
it isn't going to be olimar. stop lying to yourselves. it will just be another mediocre update, while early next week, we get megaman. just as planned >:D.
(or if we're lucky, we'll get megaman early, tomorrow.)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
No Megaman. Everyone wants Olimar.
o_0 you've got to be kidding right, you do realize it's the other way around... right?

but anyway for tonight's update....

- a veteran such as Cap't Falcon, Luigi, Ganon or Mewtwo confirmed

- a new skill or technique introduced in Brawl (such as climbing, crawling etc...)

- a Subspace Emmisary Boss (hopefully from Sonic)

-or something to to with Subspace Emmisary's storyline

Top Bottom